I want a President that can do simple arithmetic ! Which is the larger number? 1,000,000 or 700?

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
U.S. president-elect Joe Biden has indicated plans to cancel the Keystone XL pipeline permit via executive action on his first day in office, sources confirmed to CBC News on Sunday.
This is such a simple issue. But Biden and supporters just can't seem to figure out this extensive potential for environmental damage.

Keystone was to transport 700 barrels of oil per mile of pipeline from Canada to Nebraska.
If Canada can't use Keystone, how else will they transport? By 1,000,000 barrel oil tankers.
1,000,000 barrels traveling 1 mile on the dangerous open ocean vs 700 barrels traveling 1 mile on dry land.
Am I the only one that is saying.."Wait... 1 million barrels traveling 1 mile on the open ocean is more likely to damage more environment then 700 barrels traveling 1 mile on dry land in a pipeline joining 185,000 other miles of oil/gas pipelines."
If a President can't figure that out, truly help America folks.
It is that simple!

U.S. president-elect Joe Biden has indicated plans to cancel the Keystone XL pipeline permit via executive action on his first day in office, sources confirmed to CBC News on Sunday.
This is such a simple issue. But Biden and supporters just can't seem to figure out this extensive potential for environmental damage.

Keystone was to transport 700 barrels of oil per mile of pipeline from Canada to Nebraska.
If Canada can't use Keystone, how else will they transport? By 1,000,000 barrel oil tankers.
1,000,000 barrels traveling 1 mile on the dangerous open ocean vs 700 barrels traveling 1 mile on dry land.
Am I the only one that is saying.."Wait... 1 million barrels traveling 1 mile on the open ocean is more likely to damage more environment then 700 barrels traveling 1 mile on dry land in a pipeline joining 185,000 other miles of oil/gas pipelines."
It is that simple!
That's really funny!!!

You know neither basic math nor basic geography!

The flow rate of oil thru a pipeline is measured in barrels per day, barrels per hour or barrels per week etc... Not in barrels per mile.

Secondly, there is no ocean between Canada and Nebraska. Oil would best be transported overland - by truck or train, not over any ocean.

It is that simple!
That's really funny!!!

You know neither basic math nor basic geography!

The flow rate of oil thru a pipeline is measured in barrels per day, barrels per hour or barrels per week etc... Not in barrels per mile.

Secondly, there is no ocean between Canada and Nebraska. Oil would best be transported overland - by truck or train, not over any ocean.
1.1 million barrels per day would flow through Keystone.

Total miles in the Keystone pipeline project : 2,920 miles.
Divide 1.1 million barrels by 2,920 miles equals eventually ONLY 376.71 barrels per mile.

Phase One – The first phase of the Keystone Pipeline runs 2,147 miles from Hardisty, Alberta to the Wood River, Illinois and Patoka, Illinois in the United States.

Phase Two – The second phase is only 291 miles long picking up in Steele City, Nebraska and connecting to Cushing, Oklahoma. This was added due to Cushing being a centralized oil hub for the South.

Phase Three – The third phrase is part of the Keystone XL proposal and it is often referred to as the Cushing MarketLink. This pipeline would be routed from Cushing, Oklahoma to delivery terminals near Nederland, Texas in order to serve the Port Arthur marketplace. This pipeline would also carry some American-produced oil from the Midwest down to these southern locations. This pipeline would extend for 435 miles.

There is a secondary part of the proposal which would travel an additional 47 miles in Liberty County, Texas to the Houston area in order to connect to the major oil industry resources present there. This would enable much of the oil to be distributed from the centers in Cushing, Oklahoma.

Phase Four – The fourth phase is also part of the Keystone XL pipeline. It would add a second starting point in the same area of origin in Alberta Canada, and would travel down to Steele City, Nebraska where it would join the rest of the pipeline. In the process it would go through Baker, Montana where there is a crude oil reserve, enabling much more American produced oil to be added to the pipeline. This is the most controversial part of the project because of concerns over the environmental impact as it travels over the Ogallala Aquifer.

Now as far as railroad/truck transport... they are not as economical as a 1.1 million oil tanker.
Oil tankers are one of the primary methods for shipping oil.
As tankers can carry a lot of fuel, the amount it costs per barrel to move oil is relatively cheaper as compared to rail car and trucks.

FACTS... again... prove to me that 1,000,000 barrels on the open ocean is safer than 300 barrels traveling 1 mile on dry land! Again... so simple...

I have Great Confidence in the Biden Admin, that they will make us once again dependent on foreign oil after they completely fuck up everything.
And in the process of making us dependent on foreign oil, get us involved in conflicts in the middle East!
Remember this is what Obama stated and Biden agrees!
Wants 1,400 businesses bankrupt. Wants USA to be best oil customers for Brazil. prefers higher gas prices. Wants utility rates to "skyrocket". And of course Keystone? Cancel.
ObamaAntiBusiness.png

It is that simple!

LOLOL.. This is still stupid.. There was a long thread on this yesterday.. Why do you think Canada won't run a pipeline west to the Pacific Ocean?

Good luck. He'll need several naps a day.

“I would never say this,” Biden once snapped at an aide, aghast over the prepared remarks he was reviewing, according to a person in the room during a speech prep session last year. “Where did you get this from?’”

The aide explained that Biden had just said it in a public speech a couple of weeks earlier.

I have Great Confidence in the Biden Admin, that they will make us once again dependent on foreign oil after they completely fuck up everything.
And in the process of making us dependent on foreign oil, get us involved in conflicts in the middle East!
Wants 1,400 businesses bankrupt. Wants USA to be best oil customers for Brazil. prefers higher gas prices. Wants utility rates to "skyrocket". And of course Keystone? Cancel.
View attachment 445876

We haven't bought much oil from the ME in over a decade. But, you know OPEC is always a dollar or two cheaper than Brent of Texas Intermediate.

It is that simple!

Cancelling Keystone helps Xi and Liberal donor Warren Buffett

It is that simple!

Its 100 times easier to clean up an oil spill in the ocean than in our rivers and creeks.. In fact, it is impossible to clean up an oil spill in rivers.

View attachment 445876

Yea, and it's really hurting the stock market. Straight up since he was sworn in.

It is that simple!

Keystone was a great idea. Leave it to a jackass to put a stop to a great idea.

View attachment 445876

We haven't bought much oil from the ME in over a decade. But, you know OPEC is always a dollar or two cheaper than Brent of Texas Intermediate.
You know it is so simple to get the facts just by using the Internet!

"So for example, in 2001, the U.S. imported about 2.8 million barrels a day from the Gulf. By 2018, that figure had fallen to about 1.5 million barrels a day. And if we look at the first 10 months of 2019, that import figure had fallen down to about 906,000 barrels a day."
FACTS again...
Discover two of the most popular oil benchmarks in the world – Brent crude and West Texas Intermediate. Here, you’ll learn about the differences between them, and find out how to start trading oil.
Brent Crude is North Sea ...Europe. WTI is texas two distinct types.
Now the difference between OPEC oil and WTI oil:
International benchmark Brent crude was trading at $53 per barrel
American benchmark West Texas Intermediate (WTI) was at $49.48 per barrel
OPEC Basket $53.92 as of 1/18/21
Again.. before you make a statement..."you know OPEC is always a dollar or two cheaper than Brent of Texas Intermediate." you should know what you are writing about!
Brent is different from WTI and different from OPEC.
OPEC is higher than WTI!

Last edited:
You note that the Biden supporters it appears don't know the difference between 1 million barrels of
oil traveling 1 mile on the open ocean versus 700 barrels traveling one mile on dry land.
This is really indicative of the perils we have coming.
If they can't distinguish between 1 million and 700 wow!

Buh Bye Keystone
Hello, Rich Texas.

:banana:

Texas-Flag-Small.gif

You know, I actually felt bad for the rest of America paying up to 65% more than Texans, all while Texas gets FUCKING RICHER, but at this point....

FUCK EVERYBODY.

I am glad Biden is making Texas even more filthy rich.

Just a few years ago, my alma mater did a 1/2 BILLION DOLLAR football stadium upgrade:

kylefield5.0.jpg

Very nice inside:

image_handler.aspx

legacy.jpg

Texas-AM-6.jpg

State of the art. Better than most pro stadiums.

Now, thanks to Joe, we can tear down that lavish monstrosity and build a newer, BIGGER, BETTER, $4 Billion stadium. Nothing but luxury boxes and leather bucket seats with built-in air conditioning (except for students....12th Man can stand ready, like the rest of us did).

THANK YOU, JOE FOR BLOWING UP OIL PRICES.
AGGIE FOOTBALL IS TRULY GREATFUL!

:dance:

Buh Bye Keystone
Hello, Rich Texas.

Texas-Flag-Small.gif

You know, I actually felt bad for the rest of America paying up to 65% more than Texans, all while Texas gets FUCKING RICHER, but at this point....

FUCK EVERYBODY.

Just a few years ago, my alma mater did a 1/2 BILLION DOLLAR football stadium upgrade:

kylefield5.0.jpg

Very nice inside:

image_handler.aspx

legacy.jpg

Texas-AM-6.jpg

Now, thanks to Joe, we can tear down that lavish monstrosity and build a newer, BIGGER, BETTER, $4 Billion stadium. Nothing but luxury boxes and leather bucket seats with built-in air conditioning (except for students....12th Man can stand ready, like the rest of us did).

My cousin is a Professor at Texas A&M
Chairman of the Chemical Engineering Dept

Go Aggies

It is that simple!
It’s done by rail car now.

Buh Bye Keystone
Hello, Rich Texas.

Texas-Flag-Small.gif

FUCK EVERYBODY.

kylefield5.0.jpg

Very nice inside:

image_handler.aspx

legacy.jpg

Texas-AM-6.jpg

My cousin is a Professor at Texas A&M
Chairman of the Chemical Engineering Dept

Go Aggies
Gig'em.

I probably know your cousin.

Forum List

Back