I want a President that can do simple arithmetic ! Which is the larger number? 1,000,000 or 700?

U.S. president-elect Joe Biden has indicated plans to cancel the Keystone XL pipeline permit via executive action on his first day in office, sources confirmed to CBC News on Sunday.
This is such a simple issue. But Biden and supporters just can't seem to figure out this extensive potential for environmental damage.

Keystone was to transport 700 barrels of oil per mile of pipeline from Canada to Nebraska.
If Canada can't use Keystone, how else will they transport? By 1,000,000 barrel oil tankers.
1,000,000 barrels traveling 1 mile on the dangerous open ocean vs 700 barrels traveling 1 mile on dry land.
Am I the only one that is saying.."Wait... 1 million barrels traveling 1 mile on the open ocean is more likely to damage more environment then 700 barrels traveling 1 mile on dry land in a pipeline joining 185,000 other miles of oil/gas pipelines."
If a President can't figure that out, truly help America folks.
It is that simple!
I don't have calculator handy so I don't know.

U.S. president-elect Joe Biden has indicated plans to cancel the Keystone XL pipeline permit via executive action on his first day in office, sources confirmed to CBC News on Sunday.
This is such a simple issue. But Biden and supporters just can't seem to figure out this extensive potential for environmental damage.

Keystone was to transport 700 barrels of oil per mile of pipeline from Canada to Nebraska.
If Canada can't use Keystone, how else will they transport? By 1,000,000 barrel oil tankers.
1,000,000 barrels traveling 1 mile on the dangerous open ocean vs 700 barrels traveling 1 mile on dry land.
Am I the only one that is saying.."Wait... 1 million barrels traveling 1 mile on the open ocean is more likely to damage more environment then 700 barrels traveling 1 mile on dry land in a pipeline joining 185,000 other miles of oil/gas pipelines."
It is that simple!

This is a real stupid question.. Canada isn't going to ship that oil by tanker. They won't let Keystone build a pipeline to the Atlantic or Pacific. They don't want pipelines crossing their pristine countryside.

Oil transport isn't measured per mile.. Its measured in barrels per day.

150115174.jpg

It is that simple!

This is a real stupid question.. Canada isn't going to ship that oil by tanker. They won't let Keystone build a pipeline to the Atlantic or Pacific. They don't want pipelines crossing their pristine countryside.

150115174.jpg

Current US oil pipeline map.

Yeah, Pedo Joe is worried about the environment and not pandering to nutbag leftists.:laughing0301:

1611241095517.png

It is that simple!

150115174.jpg
You wrote "Oil transport isn't measured per mile.. Its measured in barrels per day."
OK... Keystone moves 1 million barrels per day over dry land and if a section say one mile of
pipeline leaks... HOW MUCH oil would be spilled? 700 barrels.
So then a million barrel oil tanker hits an iceberg. How much oil will be spilled until the spilling stops? In one mile a million barrels of oil will escape.

NOW tell me which would cause MORE problems.
1) 1,000,000 barrels spilling in one mile of ocean OR
2) 700 barrels spilling in one mile of pipe?
Remember..
Keystone XL has In a mile of the 1,179 mile route monitored around-the-clock from a state-of-the-art control center. The pipeline will have 16,000 data transmitters that monitor the pipeline ( that is one monitor every 587 feet) pressure and operating conditions; transmitting data that will be updated by secure satellite every five seconds.
According to TransCanada, significant spills (i.e., greater than 50 barrels (Bbls)) are expected to be very rare (0.00013 spills per year per mile, which would equate to 11 significant spills for the pipeline over a 50 year design life).
So again... if there is a leak it is monitored every 600 feet!

Last edited:
So far no one has answered as to why Biden supports damaging the environment with Keystone cancellation. Again... the issue is with the Biden Keystone cancellation, the Canadian oil industry is Canada's most valuable export commodity accounting for 22% of total exports in 2019 How Important is Oil to the Canadian Economy?
So with a million barrels of oil NOW not going to the USA via Keystone what is the alternatives?
Initially cheapest is oil tanker, not trucking/rail.. BUT again if you are an true environmentalist...why
would you want 1 million barrels of oil in a oil tanker on the open ocean? Is that environmentally sound?

It is that simple!
The Climate Cultist do not understand basic science and math
climatechange Milankovitch-cycles.jpg

It is that simple!

150115174.jpg
You wrote "Oil transport isn't measured per mile.. Its measured in barrels per day."
OK... Keystone moves 1 million barrels per day over dry land and if a section say one mile of
So then a million barrel oil tanker hits an iceberg. How much oil will be spilled until the spilling stops? In one mile a million barrels of oil will escape.

Remember..
Keystone XL has In a mile of the 1,179 mile route...Keystone XL will be monitored around-the-clock from a state-of-the-art control center. The pipeline will have 16,000 data transmitters that monitor pipeline ( that is one monitor every 587 feet) pressure and operating conditions; transmitting data that will be updated by secure satellite every five seconds.
According to TransCanada, significant spills (i.e., greater than 50 barrels (Bbls)) are expected to be very rare (0.00013 spills per year per mile, which would equate to 11 significant spills for the pipeline over a 50 year design life).

All modern pipelines are monitored for flow rate and pressure in real time, but keystone has a lousy safety record..

Do you understand that you can't cleanup an oilspill in rivers and creeks?

Do you understand WHY?

Do you understand that Canada won't let them build a pipeline to either coast to be loaded on to oiltankers and WHY?

This is a boondoggle .. They claim they will created 20,000 jobs.. How about 4,000 temporary jobs for existing pipeline companies.

So far TransCanada had broken ALL their agreements with native American tribes pertaining to safety and environmental rules and precautions.

Trump is a total moron when it comes to this sort of thing.. he sees dollar sign and his brain ceases to function.

To tell the truth I don't care whether they build it or not.. I live on the East Coast so it won't affect me at all. In a few years there won't be sufficient volume to move that corrosive sludge and they will stop buying MILLION bpd of light sweet crude to dilute this gunk and keep it moving.

Look at the situation with the TransAlaska pipeline.. They don't have enough volume to keep the flow and pressure up.

So far no one has answered as to why Biden supports damaging the environment with Keystone cancellation. Again... the issue is with the Biden Keystone cancellation, the Canadian oil industry is Canada's most valuable export commodity accounting for 22% of total exports in 2019 How Important is Oil to the Canadian Economy?
So with a million barrels of oil NOW not going to the USA via Keystone what is the alternatives?
Initially cheapest is oil tanker, not trucking/rail.. BUT again if you are an true environmentalist...why
would you want 1 million barrels of oil in a oil tanker on the open ocean? Is that environmentally sound?

You can clean up an oil spill in the ocean.. Canada will NOT allow Keystone to build a pipeline east or west across Canada to the Atlantic or Pacific because they want to protect their environment.

It is that simple!

150115174.jpg

Remember..
Keystone XL has In a mile of the 1,179 mile route...Keystone XL will be monitored around-the-clock from a state-of-the-art control center. The pipeline will have 16,000 data transmitters that monitor pipeline ( that is one monitor every 587 feet) pressure and operating conditions; transmitting data that will be updated by secure satellite every five seconds.

All modern pipelines are monitored for flow rate and pressure in real time, but keystone has a lousy safety record..

Do you understand that you can't cleanup an oilspill in rivers and creeks?

Do you understand WHY?

Do you understand that Canada won't let them build a pipeline to either coast to be loaded on to oiltankers and WHY?

This is a boondoggle .. They claim they will created 20,000 jobs.. How about 4,000 temporary jobs for existing pipeline companies.

So far TransCanada had broken ALL their agreements with native American tribes pertaining to safety and environmental rules and precautions.

Trump is a total moron when it comes to this sort of thing.. he sees dollar sign and his brain ceases to function.

To tell the truth I don't care whether they build it or not.. I live on the East Coast so it won't affect me at all. In a few years there won't be sufficient volume to move that corrosive sludge and they will stop buying MILLION bpd of light sweet crude to dilute this gunk and keep it moving.

Look at the situation with the TransAlaska pipeline.. They don't have enough volume to keep the flow and pressure up.
Lies

You can clean up an oil spill in the ocean.. Canada will NOT allow Keystone to build a pipeline east or west across Canada to the Atlantic or Pacific because they want to protect their environment.
By the way where is your proof regarding not building east /west pipelines???
Are you aware as a fact:
There are more than 840,000 kilometres (km) (521,951 miles) of transmission, gathering and distribution pipelines in Canada — including 117,000 km (72,700 miles)
of large-diameter transmission lines —
with most provinces having significant pipeline infrastructure. Of this amount, about 73,000 km are federally regulated pipelines, which are primarily transmission pipelines. Pipelines are generally buried underground and operate in both remote and populated areas, with major crude oil and natural gas pipelines servicing most major Canadian cities.

But of course you don't take ANY time to do a little research and that's the problem!
Do some research before you make a comment with NO LINKS! No substantiation!

OK... so 1 million barrel oil spill can be cleaned up. No question.
You don't remember the Exxon Valdez do you?

They are still after 32 years still cleaning up just.
Chemicals used to clean up spills have harmed marine wildlife, response workers and coastal residents. The EPA must act.

Now this was NOT on the open ocean!
Thirty years ago, on 24 March 1989, communities in Prince William Sound, Alaska, awoke to horrific news: the Exxon Valdez, an oil tanker, had run aground and leaked 11m gallons (at 55 gallons to a barrel that is less than 200,000 barrels...not 1,000,000) of oil into the sound.

Forum List

Back