Why are not Adam and Eve given more prominent status in church doctrine?

Ben Thomson

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2020
I mean others from biblical times are portrayed with statues etc. We give a lot of homage to God, Jesus and various prophets but other than the mention in Genesis, we speak little of Adam and Eve. After all, are they not literally the Father and Mother of all mankind??

I mean others from biblical times are portrayed with statues etc. We give a lot of homage to God, Jesus and various prophets but other than the mention in Genesis, we speak little of Adam and Eve. After all, are they not literally the Father and Mother of all mankind??

For getting booted out of the Garden of Eden?

Because... They are grandma and grandpa... Not... God.

***I'm not really that religious.. Just... Tongue in cheek.

Eve tasted the fruit of the tree of knowledge. A terrible sin in the Garden of Eden.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Its considered controversial nowadays, and the Religious Left doesn't want to talk about them. They think Almighty God put Adam and Steve in the garden, even after Rev. Jerry Falwell pointed out that such a liberal idea was unscriptural.

Well Eve didn't eat the fruit of the tree of knowledge all on her own volition, she was coerced into it by Satan.

Still, Adam and Eve lived to be over 900 years old. Personally I wouldn't want to be that old.

Before Adam and Eve ever partook of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, Jesus was chosen to be the Savior of the world. God foreknew the entire outcome of the Garden of Eden before it ever occurred. So, why would God place Adam and Eve into the Garden knowing full well the outcome and appoint a Savior for the world beforehand if he didn't intend to have Adam and Eve fall? Would it not be part of God's plan from the beginning? Perhaps mortality was part of what mankind needed to go through in order to become more like God. God did say that Adam and Eve had become like them knowing good and evil. He kept them from partaking of the tree of life to give them a chance to repent and experience mortality.

1 Peter 1:18-21
18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

In the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Adam is the great archangel Michael. He is also known as The Ancient of Days. Adam as the father of all mankind on this earth does hold a high standing in the church and in heaven. He also was a great leader in the war in heaven.

Daniel 12:1

1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

Jude 1:9

9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

Revelation 12:7

7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Daniel 7:9, 13, 22

9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.

13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.

22 Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.

Last edited:
Before Adam and Eve ever partook of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, Jesus was chosen to be the Savior of the world. God foreknew the entire outcome of the Garden of Eden before it ever occurred. So, why would God place Adam and Eve into the Garden knowing full well the outcome and appoint a Savior for the world beforehand if he didn't intend to have Adam and Eve fall? Would it not be part of God's plan from the beginning? Perhaps mortality was part of what mankind needed to go through in order to become more like God. God did say that Adam and Eve had become like them knowing good and evil. He kept them from partaking of the tree of life to give them a chance to repent and experience mortality.

1 Peter 1:18-21
18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

In the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Adam is the great archangel Michael. He is also known as The Ancient of Days. Adam as the father of all mankind on this earth does hold a high standing in the church and in heaven. He also was a great leader in the war in heaven.

Daniel 12:1

1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

Jude 1:9

9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

Revelation 12:7

7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Daniel 7:9, 13, 22

9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.

13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.

22 Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.
:cuckoo:

The main problem is the farcical story of their existence and how they got here is to stupid and embarrassing for the church recognise. Expecting people to believe eve came from Adams rib.
Come on comrade. It's a load of rubbish.

That's why no one recognises that rubbish.

The main problem is the farcical story of their existence and how they got here is to stupid and embarrassing for the church recognise. Expecting people to believe eve came from Adams rib.

It's an allegorical account of ancient man's understanding of the answers to the origin questions. :)

Correct. They are not. They are the allegorical representation to when man first became aware. Stop reading these accounts literally and they might make more sense to you.

Perhaps because they never really existed.

Of course the first man and the first broad existed. The alternative, that Almighty God created 2 dudes doesn't explain how the world was populated. The idea of sex-change operations has never allowed 2 fellows to procreate.

Perhaps because they never really existed.

The church, which recognizes Adam and Eve's existence, downplays these two characters because they never existed?

Very interesting.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back