Why are conservatives so obsessed with the border and immigration?

suppose you'd say the same about Wisconsin and its Right to Work that just went through ehh Mr. Clean ??

Except that Americans are not going to do those jobs for what the illegals are doing them for.

Unless, of course, you're ready to pay $10 for a head of lettuce.

I know I'm not.
Nobody, in America, should have to work for a substandard wage that won't pay the rent and a decent living. Even if it means we pay 10 bucks for a head of lettuce.

If you had to pay ten bucks for a head of lettuce those people making the minimum would still be poor. And their purchasing power would remain the same.
We need to raise import taxes to countries that pay less than an American living wage. Then Big screen TV's would be more expensive and I wouldn't cry if you couldn't afford a big screen tv.

Your logic is that we, Americans, have to tolerate a lifestyle that requires living in dirt hovels like they do in third world countries and thus it sucks and it is wrong. Pay poor people more, make the cost of living more expensive for more well off people. Raising minimum standards does not mean that those making more than the minimum standards have to get increases too.

How stupid do you have to be not to understand that increasing wages increases cost?
wages is not the only cost and doesn't always directly correlate to the price of an item. And who cares if it does increase the price, as long as the person making it can't afford to buy it there is a problem.

:lmao: Nuff said.

Except that Americans are not going to do those jobs for what the illegals are doing them for.

Unless, of course, you're ready to pay $10 for a head of lettuce.

I know I'm not.
Nobody, in America, should have to work for a substandard wage that won't pay the rent and a decent living. Even if it means we pay 10 bucks for a head of lettuce.

If you had to pay ten bucks for a head of lettuce those people making the minimum would still be poor. And their purchasing power would remain the same.
We need to raise import taxes to countries that pay less than an American living wage. Then Big screen TV's would be more expensive and I wouldn't cry if you couldn't afford a big screen tv.

Your logic is that we, Americans, have to tolerate a lifestyle that requires living in dirt hovels like they do in third world countries and thus it sucks and it is wrong. Pay poor people more, make the cost of living more expensive for more well off people. Raising minimum standards does not mean that those making more than the minimum standards have to get increases too.

How stupid do you have to be not to understand that increasing wages increases cost?
Does that mean that NO ONE in the USA should ever get a raise because the raise, will increase 'prices'?

Increased prices, INFLATION is what keeps capitalism chugging along.... DEFLATION wipes capitalism off the face of the earth.

Inflation keeps people buying, in the now...because if they all wait, they will pay more in the future....thus the need and urgency to "buy now".....

whereas deflation, knowing that tomorrow will bring cheaper prices than today, in the long term, keeps people from buying now and makes them wait, for a better price.....and kills the capitalism machine....

When you get a raise it's because you produce more,not just because.

Does that mean that NO ONE in the USA should ever get a raise because the raise, will increase 'prices'?

Increased prices, INFLATION is what keeps capitalism chugging along.... DEFLATION wipes capitalism off the face of the earth.

Inflation keeps people buying, in the now...because if they all wait, they will pay more in the future....thus the need and urgency to "buy now".....

whereas deflation, knowing that tomorrow will bring cheaper prices than today, in the long term, keeps people from buying now and makes them wait, for a better price.....and kills the capitalism machine....

There's a difference between getting a raise you earned and having one handed to because bleeding hearts think someone with $7.25/hour skills deserves more than the skills they offer are worth.
Nobody deserves to be paid less than what it cost to live.

I want a thousand dollars an hour to post on U.S. Message boards.

I sure hope that all the anti worker posters in this thread are business owners.

Because if they're not, the are really fucking stupid people.

I'd like to know why this op is so obsessed with conservatives?

is it a brainwash thing or what?

I sure hope that all the anti worker posters in this thread are business owners.

Because if they're not, the are really fucking stupid people.

We actually have marketable skills. Unlike the cashier at MickyDs.

For now.

One day in the not so distant future, your position will be eliminated.

Well I retired a few years ago at 46 using those marketable skills.
So I really dont give a rats ass what happens to you slackers.

yeah Mr. Clean , Eliminated by border jumpers that will have been given the 'right' to work in the USA by mrobama . Course , the repubs are also at fault but mrobama is the prez at the moment .

Last edited:
There are multiple reasons for the importance border control and illegal immigration. It isn't just "They took our jobs". The costs of covering illegals medical costs are staggering. Then There is the domestic security issue of terrorists entering illegally. There are the proportionately high crime rates assoicated with illegals already here commiting violent crimes. Then there is the impact on schools that have to accommodate illegal children that don't speak the language and are otherwise woefully behind the curve.

sure.... that's the only reason everyone gets a raise or higher pay.... :rolleyes: you say the receptionist position that pays $12 an hour now as a starting salary is producing more than the starting salary for a receptionist paid $10 an hour 5 years earlier... okeedokie.

I think it is a combination of many things HWGA, that allows salaries to go up, productivity being just one of them....

And if your salary does not go up with your productivity going up....what's the reason for that....?

Also, do you think that agricultural workers have not improved their productivity with new and innovative ways of growing and planting fruit and veggies? Do you think productivity for the migrant worker has stayed the same and not improved with innovation over the years?

The price of gasoline has made food prices rise more than anything else...imo.

sure.... that's the only reason everyone gets a raise or higher pay.... :rolleyes: you say the receptionist position that pays $12 an hour now as a starting salary is producing more than the starting salary for a receptionist paid $10 an hour 5 years earlier... okeedokie.

I think it is a combination of many things HWGA, that allows salaries to go up, productivity being just one of them....

And if your salary does not go up with your productivity going up....what's the reason for that....?

Also, do you think that agricultural workers have not improved their productivity with new and innovative ways of growing and planting fruit and veggies? Do you think productivity for the migrant worker has stayed the same and not improved with innovation over the years?

Obviously wages go up over time or you'd still be making 2 bucks an hour.
And if you improve your production over time and you dont get a raise,I would suggest you find another job.
As far as ag innovations go it's the machinery that improves not the worker.
I mean how hard is it to pick lettuce?

And using feed grains for ethanol...

And if you improve your production over time and you dont get a raise,I would suggest you find another job.
Which kind?

Which kind?

Which kind what?

I think that simple machinery to pick vegetables has been deterred so as to make the excuse that foreign lettuce pickers are needed. He11 , we can go to the moon , explore the ocean depths but we can't make a lettuce picker . Doesn't make any sense to me !!

Which kind?

Which kind what?
Which kind of lettuce......

I think that simple machinery to pick vegetables has been deterred so as to make the excuse that foreign lettuce pickers are needed. He11 , we can go to the moon , explore the ocean depths but we can't make a lettuce picker . Doesn't make any sense to me !!
Lettuce with bruise easily if mishandled and is worthless....

Forum List

Back