Why are China Wet Markets still open?

Not to run afoul of the mods and rules on starting threads. Of course others start threads that do not actually support the assertion in the OP without any moderator comment or action.

But 100k Americans minimum are going to die, and people will lose homes and economic futures over this. Why isn't this something the fed govt questioning China upon, and telling them to close them, or we'll close markets?
Did not know US had been given the right to rule over other countries. Are you sure you haven't been paying to much attention to space aliens, info-wars, or right wing war hawk republicans?

China runs itself according to what they want. No one in the world will go to war to close those markets.

Bcause the virus did not originate in the wet markets.
I'm not sure that is true. I think the overwhelming support is that it DID spread from a wet market. But after your post I did do some googling, and it may be that the virus actually originated in domestic animals, rather than exotics like bats or whatnot.

Moreover, without wet markets it could be that a maj of the world population wouldn't have access to fresh meat. I think my post was not well thought out. And the solution to viruses' spread is more complex than I thought.

Not to run afoul of the mods and rules on starting threads. Of course others start threads that do not actually support the assertion in the OP without any moderator comment or action.

But 100k Americans minimum are going to die, and people will lose homes and economic futures over this. Why isn't this something the fed govt questioning China upon, and telling them to close them, or we'll close markets?

Agreed. And where is the UN or the WHO on this issue. Crickets. This is something the world at large would have to address.

I'm hoping we'll see some actions against China to pressure them on this issue, although I don't hold out a ton of hope that the international community will have the will to do so in any meaningful way aside from their version of a strongly worded letter or some toothless gesture, and, even if it does, that China gives half a damn about the opinions of the rest of the world.

Should there be pressure brought against all the other countries ?

I don't know the answer to that, as I don't know which other countries are operating these sorts of markets and/or if they pose similar dangers.

If we can assume that they do pose a similar risk of unleashing this type of thing, then I'd have to say that, yes, as part of the cleanup of this mess and planning for the future we should be looking at all of them.

They exist all over the world. And they are all nasty. If nothing else, there should be an effort to train the market operators to be clean, but we can't get them to shut down. It would be like India telling us we need to stop eating cows.

Agreed. And where is the UN or the WHO on this issue. Crickets. This is something the world at large would have to address.

I'm hoping we'll see some actions against China to pressure them on this issue, although I don't hold out a ton of hope that the international community will have the will to do so in any meaningful way aside from their version of a strongly worded letter or some toothless gesture, and, even if it does, that China gives half a damn about the opinions of the rest of the world.

Should there be pressure brought against all the other countries ?

I don't know the answer to that, as I don't know which other countries are operating these sorts of markets and/or if they pose similar dangers.

If we can assume that they do pose a similar risk of unleashing this type of thing, then I'd have to say that, yes, as part of the cleanup of this mess and planning for the future we should be looking at all of them.

They exist all over the world. And they are all nasty. If nothing else, there should be an effort to train the market operators to be clean, but we can't get them to shut down. It would be like India telling us we need to stop eating cows.

Yeah, it's a large-scale problem, no doubt.

Did not know US had been given the right to rule over other countries. Are you sure you haven't been paying to much attention to space aliens, info-wars, or right wing war hawk republicans?
Trumpy says we can trade with only those we want to trade with. Get on the train.

"Made in China"

Those markets will remain open as long as businesses are allowed to offload their jobs to China to exploit their slave labor.

Wet markets are the norm. If they suck in China then don't they suck in Tai Land?
I'm sure they do and we should also work with Thailand to end this practice that is apparently a breeding ground for all sorts of nasty viruses. China is the bigger and more dangerous practitioner, however.

This is the time to deal with China...if we wait it will be a far greater task...
ya, and what do we do with them?You know they have nuclear capability right? China has been a bad actor on the international stage for a long time now. Most governemnts on earth would love to contain china. The question is how? I thought we had them in a bad way when they did not have enough women to keep population up but some how they squiled out of it. What do we do with china? I read an interesting paper on what to do with china a while back and it said we should draw them into the middle east quagmire and ally with russia in order to contain them. instead we drew russia into the middle east and china remains on a tear. I am interested in what to do, trumop is interested, every freking world leader out there is interested but none have solutions.
They can't nuke the whole world...but they did infect the whole world so it should be relatively easy to get the world to work with us on this....

This is the time to deal with China...if we wait it will be a far greater task...
ya, and what do we do with them?You know they have nuclear capability right? China has been a bad actor on the international stage for a long time now. Most governemnts on earth would love to contain china. The question is how? I thought we had them in a bad way when they did not have enough women to keep population up but some how they squiled out of it. What do we do with china? I read an interesting paper on what to do with china a while back and it said we should draw them into the middle east quagmire and ally with russia in order to contain them. instead we drew russia into the middle east and china remains on a tear. I am interested in what to do, trumop is interested, every freking world leader out there is interested but none have solutions.
They can't nuke the whole world...but they did infect the whole world so it should be relatively easy to get the world to work with us on this....
well that would be new. people of the sam ecountry barely work together these days not alone multiple countries cooperating. It would be nice.

The entire world needs to pressure China in to ending this inhumane and filthy practice.
Even Dr Fauci can't believe they are still open. I started a thread on this the other day, and barely anyone here cares about this issue.

I'm sorry. I did not see your thread.
No problem, I'm glad you are keeping this out there.

Trumpy says we can trade with only those we want to trade with. Get on the train.
No train rides for me. Walking my own path has always worked well, and I never listen to opinions from people who have repeatedly lied to me and the public, so I put up with him, but certainly know better to trust his opinion or judgement. He is simply not trust worthy. Truthfullness and good judgement are not his strong suits.

I'm not sure that is true. I think the overwhelming support is that it DID spread from a wet market. But after your post I did do some googling, and it may be that the virus actually originated in domestic animals, rather than exotics like bats or whatnot.

Moreover, without wet markets it could be that a maj of the world population wouldn't have access to fresh meat. I think my post was not well thought out. And the solution to viruses' spread is more complex than I thought.

No, it's a great point, but it's just a tough situation. Maybe there is a way they can still do their thing, but just keep it alittle cleaner.

No, it's a great point, but it's just a tough situation. Maybe there is a way they can still do their thing, but just keep it alittle cleaner.
Their "own thing" is vile, primitive and abusive. May they all die In the way they treat these poor creatures

Wet markets are the norm. If they suck in China then don't they suck in Tai Land?
I'm sure they do and we should also work with Thailand to end this practice that is apparently a breeding ground for all sorts of nasty viruses. China is the bigger and more dangerous practitioner, however.

India is pretty big to. China isn't the only country with "wet markets". I am interested in seeing if these type virus's have ever come out of them.

Their "own thing" is vile, primitive and abusive. May they all die In the way they treat these poor creatures

But it's still the way it is and we really can't do anything about it. No president will quit dealing with China over wet markets. I mean, whole American industries are staffed with convicts and slaves yet we still buy that stuff from them. Our woke NBA plays their games down the road from Chinese concentration camps and don't care.

Forum List

Back