Why are China Wet Markets still open?

bendog

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2013
Dog House in back yard
Not to run afoul of the mods and rules on starting threads. Of course others start threads that do not actually support the assertion in the OP without any moderator comment or action.

But 100k Americans minimum are going to die, and people will lose homes and economic futures over this. Why isn't this something the fed govt questioning China upon, and telling them to close them, or we'll close markets?

This is the time to deal with China...if we wait it will be a far greater task...
ya, and what do we do with them?You know they have nuclear capability right? China has been a bad actor on the international stage for a long time now. Most governemnts on earth would love to contain china. The question is how? I thought we had them in a bad way when they did not have enough women to keep population up but some how they squiled out of it. What do we do with china? I read an interesting paper on what to do with china a while back and it said we should draw them into the middle east quagmire and ally with russia in order to contain them. instead we drew russia into the middle east and china remains on a tear. I am interested in what to do, trumop is interested, every freking world leader out there is interested but none have solutions.

The entire world needs to pressure China in to ending this inhumane and filthy practice.
Even Dr Fauci can't believe they are still open. I started a thread on this the other day, and barely anyone here cares about this issue.

The entire world needs to pressure China in to ending this inhumane and filthy practice.
Even Dr Fauci can't believe they are still open. I started a thread on this the other day, and barely anyone here cares about this issue.

yes it will take a concerted effeort to contain them. we nee to get on it.

I'm sorry. I did not see your thread.

This is the time to deal with China...if we wait it will be a far greater task...
ya, and what do we do with them?You know they have nuclear capability right? China has been a bad actor on the international stage for a long time now. Most governemnts on earth would love to contain china. The question is how? I thought we had them in a bad way when they did not have enough women to keep population up but some how they squiled out of it. What do we do with china? I read an interesting paper on what to do with china a while back and it said we should draw them into the middle east quagmire and ally with russia in order to contain them. instead we drew russia into the middle east and china remains on a tear. I am interested in what to do, trumop is interested, every freking world leader out there is interested but none have solutions.

Their exports to the West equal more than one-third of their total econ. Boot them from the WTO. Cut trade.

Not to run afoul of the mods and rules on starting threads. Of course others start threads that do not actually support the assertion in the OP without any moderator comment or action.

But 100k Americans minimum are going to die, and people will lose homes and economic futures over this. Why isn't this something the fed govt questioning China upon, and telling them to close them, or we'll close markets?

So, if trump says "close them wet markets now" and XI says " fuck off" then what? What's next? We shoot some tomahawks at them ? Wet markets are China's business. In the end no one can or will do jack shit about wet markets in China, Africa, Malaysia, India, Tai Land, Vietnam and so on? How are we going to close all those markets? What will America do? Is military action off the table?

So, if trump says "close them wet markets now" and XI says " fuck off" then what? What's next? We shoot some tomahawks at them ? Wet markets are China's business. In the end no one can or will do jack shit about wet markets in China, Africa, Malaysia, India, Tai Land, Vietnam and so on? How are we going to close all those markets? What will America do? Is military action off the table?

Tariffs is the only thing and even then nothing will be done...

Agreed. And where is the UN or the WHO on this issue. Crickets. This is something the world at large would have to address.

I'm hoping we'll see some actions against China to pressure them on this issue, although I don't hold out a ton of hope that the international community will have the will to do so in any meaningful way aside from their version of a strongly worded letter or some toothless gesture, and, even if it does, that China gives half a damn about the opinions of the rest of the world.

Agreed. And where is the UN or the WHO on this issue. Crickets. This is something the world at large would have to address.

I'm hoping we'll see some actions against China to pressure them on this issue, although I don't hold out a ton of hope that the international community will have the will to do so in any meaningful way aside from their version of a strongly worded letter or some toothless gesture, and, even if it does, that China gives half a damn about the opinions of the rest of the world.
Oh, c'mon, you know only us US White Folks have to money to solve all the world's problems!

Tariffs is the only thing and even then nothing will be done...

True dat. And let's not forget, these markets aren't places for the elite to get dinner at. Regular people use them and have used them forever. All we can do is prepare. It's not our job to make sure people in China are washing their hands and only selling the very best sea cucumber testicles .

Oh, c'mon, you know only us US White Folks have to money to solve all the world's problems!

You're right. maybe Walmart can take them over.

Hello, welcome to WetMart.....

Should there be pressure brought against all the other countries ?

Should there be pressure brought against all the other countries ?

I don't know the answer to that, as I don't know which other countries are operating these sorts of markets and/or if they pose similar dangers.

If we can assume that they do pose a similar risk of unleashing this type of thing, then I'd have to say that, yes, as part of the cleanup of this mess and planning for the future we should be looking at all of them.

Forum List

Back