Who will ever trust America again?

Republicans complained about Obama’s “Apology Tour”. No amount of apology will make up for the damage Trump has done to our global reputation.

But fixing America's foreign policy will require much more than simply erasing bad memories of Donald Trump and reverting to the technocratic competence of the Obama administration. In fact, righting our course may demand greater skill and influence than it's reasonable to assume Biden or any other president could possess.

That's because Trump's distinctive ineptitude and incoherence on the world stage is only a symptom of a much bigger and more systemic problem.

America's inconsistency
It will take decades of stable governance before anyone will trust us.

We don't need trust from them. Only fools like you think that way.

They need us a hell of a lot more than we will ever need them.
What a stupid attitude.

Oh, it's you.

Never mind.

Its a true attitude.

Oh its you,

Never mind.

We aren't careening wildly from one president to another because of our partisanship. Our drastic partisan shifts on foreign policy are a function of our underlying cluelessness about what we want to do in the world, a fantastical overestimation of our capabilities, and a resolute inability to think seriously about trade-offs.

Until all of this begins to change, the U.S. will be incapable of exercising anything approaching global leadership — and increasingly likely to stumble into military conflict with a competing major power uncertain about our priorities and capacities. That is the unhappy and dangerous situation Biden will inherit if he wins the presidency in November.
I have to agree with this but also point out it does not go far enough in how this happened...
I am voting for Biden in Nov. because he is a democrat but not a liberal, I stay with the democratic party in the hopes that I can help destroy the white leftist wing of the party as they are the ones responsible for the mess we are in...if trump wins again he needs to do to white liberals what they have done to our country...
White liberals have nothing to offer, it is their way or no way, if you do not go along you will be assigned to one or more of the "isms", cities will be brought down and lawlessness will be rampant because that is what passes for ideas and policy on the far left.

Speaking as a Blue Dog, I understand where you are coming from. I agree that Biden is no liberal.

If you think Biden is no liberal, then you're no "blue dog"

Joe Biden Has a Long History of Giving Republicans Exactly What They Want

All you did is repeat what I already just addressed. You are talking about the past and I'm talking about today

Still isn’t a liberal. Wheedling the progressive wing of the party for support doesn't make him one.

True. What makes him a hard core leftist are the policies he's advocating. He never was a moderate, he only had a few moderate views. You really aren't making any kind of case that you're not on the far left

Speaking as a Blue Dog, I understand where you are coming from. I agree that Biden is no liberal.
I have voted for republicans in the past [I just loved reagan] but they are not my cup of tea...I come from a long line of union democrats, we despise the white liberal...I don't know how old you are but what you are seeing in the streets now is what I saw in the streets of Saigon, phenom phen, cuba in the 50' and 60's and read about from early Russia in the early part of last century...this is how the communists let you know they now have control...they destroy the symbolism in your country, which in this case is also helping to erase the parties memory and responsibility for slavery.

I was a liberal Democrat in college and moved to the center during the Clinton years. Blue Dogs appealed to me, because they stayed with the party yet not marching in lockstep with the progressive wing.
I just take it one step further, I am out to destroy what you call progressives, the white liberal elites who are americas real white privileged

I have voted for republicans in the past [I just loved reagan] but they are not my cup of tea...I come from a long line of union democrats, we despise the white liberal...I don't know how old you are but what you are seeing in the streets now is what I saw in the streets of Saigon, phenom phen, cuba in the 50' and 60's and read about from early Russia in the early part of last century...this is how the communists let you know they now have control...they destroy the symbolism in your country, which in this case is also helping to erase the parties memory and responsibility for slavery.

I was a liberal Democrat in college and moved to the center during the Clinton years. Blue Dogs appealed to me, because they stayed with the party yet not marching in lockstep with the progressive wing.
I just take it one step further, I am out to destroy what you call progressives, the white liberal elites who are americas real white privileged

Yeah, voting for them will fix their wagon

Republicans complained about Obama’s “Apology Tour”. No amount of apology will make up for the damage Trump has done to our global reputation.

But fixing America's foreign policy will require much more than simply erasing bad memories of Donald Trump and reverting to the technocratic competence of the Obama administration. In fact, righting our course may demand greater skill and influence than it's reasonable to assume Biden or any other president could possess.

That's because Trump's distinctive ineptitude and incoherence on the world stage is only a symptom of a much bigger and more systemic problem.

America's inconsistency
You go ahead and trust China, RW, I'm sure that country is more comfortable for you.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
We aren't careening wildly from one president to another because of our partisanship. Our drastic partisan shifts on foreign policy are a function of our underlying cluelessness about what we want to do in the world, a fantastical overestimation of our capabilities, and a resolute inability to think seriously about trade-offs.

Until all of this begins to change, the U.S. will be incapable of exercising anything approaching global leadership — and increasingly likely to stumble into military conflict with a competing major power uncertain about our priorities and capacities. That is the unhappy and dangerous situation Biden will inherit if he wins the presidency in November.
I have to agree with this but also point out it does not go far enough in how this happened...
I am voting for Biden in Nov. because he is a democrat but not a liberal, I stay with the democratic party in the hopes that I can help destroy the white leftist wing of the party as they are the ones responsible for the mess we are in...if trump wins again he needs to do to white liberals what they have done to our country...
White liberals have nothing to offer, it is their way or no way, if you do not go along you will be assigned to one or more of the "isms", cities will be brought down and lawlessness will be rampant because that is what passes for ideas and policy on the far left.

All you did is repeat what I already just addressed. You are talking about the past and I'm talking about today

Still isn’t a liberal. Wheedling the progressive wing of the party for support doesn't make him one.

True. What makes him a hard core leftist are the policies he's advocating. He never was a moderate, he only had a few moderate views. You really aren't making any kind of case that you're not on the far left

He certainly wasn't a moderate when he was Barry's VP. He applauded ACA even though he knew the tax payers of America would be footing that bill for anyone who couldn't afford their own HC.

Moderate my ass.

Ok, so let’s talk about me. I support:

-Strict borders and object to sanctuary cities
-fiscal conservatism and supported the balanced budget act
-support the belief that the legislature makes laws not the SC
-want the Democrats to work with the GOP on compromise legislation
-the belief in federalism allowing states to do as much as possible without need of Washington
-support any type of welfare reform. The more people off it the better.

Any questions?

Last edited:

America's inconsistency

Actually, you do need people to trust you if you want cooperation

Trumpites do not understand that basic principle

The money we spread out buys and has always bought more "cooperation" than sucking up. Obama sucked up to the max and got shit for it. The world played him and laughed at him.

What you're not grasping is we want to stop buying the world. When you're saying we're out as world leader, we WANT that. The problem is it isn't true, you're full of shit like you always are

I agree. Let someone else be the world leader and pay for that "priviledge."
Did you seriously just say "let someone else be the world leader"?

Just how fucking stupid are you, anyway?

-the belief in federalism allowing states to do as much as possible without need of Washington
-support any type of welfare reform. The more people of it the better.

Any questions?

Sounds good to me.

Any questions?

Just one. So why do you undercut all that and vote Democrat?

America's inconsistency

What a stupid attitude.

Oh, it's you.

Never mind.

Its a true attitude.

Oh its you,

Never mind.
It's true that it's a stupid attitude.

America's inconsistency

Actually, you do need people to trust you if you want cooperation

Trumpites do not understand that basic principle

The money we spread out buys and has always bought more "cooperation" than sucking up. Obama sucked up to the max and got shit for it. The world played him and laughed at him.

What you're not grasping is we want to stop buying the world. When you're saying we're out as world leader, we WANT that. The problem is it isn't true, you're full of shit like you always are

I agree. Let someone else be the world leader and pay for that "priviledge."
Did you seriously just say "let someone else be the world leader"?

Just how fucking stupid are you, anyway?

It's a shit job. We need to act in our own interest rather than paying for and falling on a sword for everyone else's interest. Pass

Any questions?

Just one. So why do you undercut all that and vote Democrat?

Because a person can hold right leaning views AND be a part of the Democratic Party. Who says people have to march in lockstep.
If it was the GOP of Eisenhower and Goldwater, I would have considered the Republican Party.

America's inconsistency

What a stupid attitude.

Oh, it's you.

Never mind.

Its a true attitude.

Oh its you,

Never mind.
It's true that it's a stupid attitude.

If its not your thoughts or attitude you think its stupid.

You don't have to like what I say any more than I have to like what you say.

You sure won't change my mind. LOL

By then, it may be too late

The rest of the world will have moved on without us

Where are they going to go?
Forward.

Forward into paying their own bills and paying for their own defense? That would be sweet
Forward into the future, leaving us mired in conservatism.

Too many people have a problem with calling someone centrist or moderate when at times it’s accurate.
Sure. Worse, it's used as an insult.

Evidently, it's more principled and intelligent and patriotic to be a mindless partisan sheep for one tribe or the other. It's all the other tribe's fault, only my tribe has all the answers, you're stupid, this is war.

Not sure when that happened.

Think you’re a little more conservative than me. ;)