Who Will Advance in Next Week's NFL Playoffs ?

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
A lot of variables exist in answering the question of the thread title. One MAJOR variable is DEFENSE. Like in the baseball World Series, they say tht good pitching stops good hitting, the same is often true in football. Good defenses stop good offenses.

Here is a list of the 8 remaining teams in the 2024 playoffs, listed by their defense performance, over the whole 2023/2024 17 game season. The best (lowest points scored against average) is number 1, and then the list descends from there.

1. Baltimore Ravens - 16.4
2. Kansas City Chiefs - 17.3
3. San Francisco 49ers- 17.5
4. Buffalo Bills - 18.3
5. Tampa Bay Bucs - 19.1
6. Green Bay Packers - 20.5
7. Houston Texans - 20.7
8. Detroit Lions - 23.2

And the Bucs may not get past the Lions.
Should be a good game. Lions have good offense. Weaker on defense. That defense will have to stop the Buc offense that put up 456 yards against the Eagles yesterday.

Should be a good game. Lions have good offense. Weaker on defense. That defense will have to stop the Buc offense that put up 456 yards against the Eagles yesterday.
True, but the Eagles have been on the decline for a while. They’ve got the talent, but the culture is lacking, imho. Lions are ascending. I think the Lions win. I think the real question is whether Baker or Jarod chokes.

True, but the Eagles have been on the decline for a while. They’ve got the talent, but the culture is lacking, imho. Lions are ascending. I think the Lions win. I think the real question is whether Baker or Jarod chokes.
Should be an interesting game. I think neither will choke as long as they get time to be comfortable in the pocket.
Bucs better get some pass rush going, or they will get shredded. Same goes for Lions.

Should be an interesting game. I think neither will choke as long as they get time to be comfortable in the pocket.
Bucs better get some pass rush going, or they will get shredded. Same goes for Lions.
Interesting matchup, for sure. I think Lions have the RB edge, bucs have the WR edge. QBs are a wash, Lions have Laporta. Defenses can both be beat. Maybe it’ll come down to home field advantage?

Interesting matchup, for sure. I think Lions have the RB edge, bucs have the WR edge. QBs are a wash, Lions have Laporta. Defenses can both be beat. Maybe it’ll come down to home field advantage?
Bucs have edge on defense (see post # 1) Yes, Lions will have home field advantage. Indoor stadiums are LOUD.

Houston and Green Bay in the Super Bowl would feature two #7 seeds. This would be great.

UGH. The Lions. It is DETROIT. What an ugly name for a dirty, run down city! And what is with the blue lion? And they are vying for ugliest uniforms ever with those light gray uniforms that look like dirty flannel long johns.

They look like they are out there in their underwear. Lions lose.
You are right. Those gray uniforms are a nightmare. When I first saw them, I thought I was looking at one of those video games where the people look real, but everybody moves around in a jerky fashion.

Couldn't believe NFL players would actually wear something like that in real life. Even worse than the bright green Seattle pajamas.

Since both cities are crime-infested, Democrat lost causes, they deserve this.

Forum List

Back