Who watches nascar anyway?

I don't watch it. I think it's boring.

But NASCAR has cut it's own throat going all political with this BLM support BS. It's decline is inevitable now.

It has been in decline since it's hey day in the 90's
I wouldn't say that, but it's about to start a steep decline since they decided to join in with this BLM matter garbage.

They just seem to be clueless.

You would be incorrect, neckcar has been falling of for over 20 years.
Prove it.... link?

So looked it up again, Nascar viewership has been declining steadily since 2005.
Yeah well, I looked also and can't find anything of the sort soooo... better find a way to link to that claim because I call bull shit.

In fact, I find information to the contrary... 2019 NASCAR TV Ratings: Majority of Races Increased TV Viewership

That is, however, pre covid and BLM crap.

wow, wasn't that a fantastic left turn on lap 50....LOL
I'm not a fan but it destroys soccer as a sport..."WOW! did you see that goal to make it 1-0, game over."

I have friends that are soccer fans, and it's not quite that bad. I've watched some MLS and been to a few games. It can get boring, sure, but scoring isn't everything. If it were, basketball would clearly be the best of the major sports. :p

If it were, basketball would clearly be the best of the major sports. :p

the nba is my least favorite of the 4 major sports [with hockey and baseball being my favorites leaving football as my 3rd favorite but also most watched by me] which only just proves it is not the lack of scoring alone that makes soccer so boring...of all the sports with tennis and golf included soccer is least entertaining and interesting to me

It lost it's appeal to me when the only difference between the cars is the freakin' paint job. Back when they raced actual cars that you could buy, cars that came from the manufacturers, that was racing. Now, the cars and engines are all but virtual carbon copies, how boring. Just like modern country music. It's pop music with a fiddle, and it all sounds the same.

Couldn't agree more.

My uncle used to race Datsuns and then BMW's in the 70's through the 90's, and the basic cars he drove on the track were cars that you could walk into a dealership and buy. His BMW's were 2002 models and then 328's. He'd modify stock cars.

Nowadays, though, all you have to do is watch a NASCAR wreck and watch the sheet metal peel away. There's not much about Kevin Harvick's #4 Mustang that you'll see on a dealership floor.

I enjoy IMSA racing; the 24 Hours of Daytona and 12 Hours of Sebring being favorites. They run road courses as opposed to super speedway tri-ovals...

The epoch of racing automobiles is passed. It has no relation to driving conditions and roads. There are far too many overpowered vehicles with too few good drivers.
What a bunch of spoiled rotten environmentalist wackos! Spoilsports! If people have a drunken driving problem or a driving-under-the-influence-of-marijuana problem, then that is their own problem: most assuredly not just cause to revoke other people's drivers' licenses. That liberals have forfeited their own lives to drugs, alcohol, promiscuity, and the police state is not a just cause to deprive us of our lives, liberty, and property. We need a race here. It's an automobile race, not a race of skin color.

America is about the cars. The steering wheel in our own hands. We're at the limit of watching out for stoned pedestrians.

I went to a race once.

Initial awe at the speed and power of the cars as they move past you. You can feel the rush of air against you.

But as hundreds of laps go by, you can’t tell who is leading and who is in the top ten. All you can do is look at the leaderboard

Endless cautions also get boring.
Well then try soccer, trust me, the sport will not go too fast for you to keep up with, you only need endurance to watch it.

Last edited:

But NASCAR has cut it's own throat going all political with this BLM support BS. It's decline is inevitable now.

I wouldn't say that, but it's about to start a steep decline since they decided to join in with this BLM matter garbage.

Prove it.... link?

So looked it up again, Nascar viewership has been declining steadily since 2005.
Yeah well, I looked also and can't find anything of the sort soooo... better find a way to link to that claim because I call bull shit.

In fact, I find information to the contrary... 2019 NASCAR TV Ratings: Majority of Races Increased TV Viewership

That is, however, pre covid and BLM crap.

Info is out there, viewership was down since 2005.

I'm not a fan but it destroys soccer as a sport..."WOW! did you see that goal to make it 1-0, game over."

I have friends that are soccer fans, and it's not quite that bad. I've watched some MLS and been to a few games. It can get boring, sure, but scoring isn't everything. If it were, basketball would clearly be the best of the major sports. :p
Not only is there little scoring but few serious shots on goal

I went to a race once.

Initial awe at the speed and power of the cars as they move past you. You can feel the rush of air against you.

But as hundreds of laps go by, you can’t tell who is leading and who is in the top ten. All you can do is look at the leaderboard

Endless cautions also get boring.
Well then try soccer, trust me, the sport will not go too fast for you to keep up with, you only need endurance to watch it.
Yea, soccer is so exciting

The epoch of racing automobiles is passed. It has no relation to driving conditions and roads. There are far too many overpowered vehicles with too few good drivers.
What a bunch of spoiled rotten environmentalist wackos! Spoilsports! If people have a drunken driving problem or a driving-under-the-influence-of-marijuana problem, then that is their own problem: most assuredly not just cause to revoke other people's drivers' licenses. That liberals have forfeited their own lives to drugs, alcohol, promiscuity, and the police state is not a just cause to deprive us of our lives, liberty, and property. We need a race here. It's an automobile race, not a race of skin color.

America is about the cars. The steering wheel in our own hands. We're at the limit of watching out for stoned pedestrians.
Another incoherent projectionist.

I have friends that are soccer fans, and it's not quite that bad
well I think it is, and even if you think not it is certainly closer to the truth than:
tyroneweaver said:
Which you saw no need to call that poster out on

I've watched some soccer. I have never sat through a whole car race, NASCAR or otherwise. From the little I've seen, other than crashes and pit stops...that's pretty accurate. :p

That bugs me more than low scoring. I've watched plenty of great low scoring hockey or football games. Soccer has a giant net, but the ball only rarely actually gets to it. It's because of how the rules are set up, but it does get old.

I'm not a soccer fan, I'm just saying it's not as boring as one might think. Other than crashes, I don't see why I would want to watch NASCAR at all. At least I get some excitement and can more easily appreciate the skills used in soccer. :dunno:

I'm not going to watch either on my own, I'll stick to football and hockey. :D

I've watched some soccer.
yeah, then ya snap out of it and check to see what day it is, I know

I have never sat through a whole car race, NASCAR or otherwise. From the little I've seen, other than crashes and pit stops...that's pretty accurate.
I have never watched more than a little of either, but with soccer when they start handing out color coded cards I feel like the action is finally picking up.

I've watched some soccer.
yeah, then ya snap out of it and check to see what day it is, I know

I have never sat through a whole car race, NASCAR or otherwise. From the little I've seen, other than crashes and pit stops...that's pretty accurate.
I have never watched more than a little of either, but with soccer when they start handing out color coded cards I feel like the action is finally picking up.

I still don't quite get how the cards work. :lol:

Prove it.... link?
As we wait for your link to the NFL on the brink, which is on a short list of most retarded things ever posted on this forum.

If they changed the rules of soccer to include the ball being positioned by any part of the body, it would be a great TV sport. Having 10-9 games and the such would bring excitement to the game. As it is now you may have several exciting plays which nets one or two goals at most.

If they changed the rules of soccer to include the ball being positioned by any part of the body, it would be a great TV sport. Having 10-9 games and the such would bring excitement to the game. As it is now you may have several exciting plays which nets one or two goals at most.

Most exciting plays do not result in a goal.

As exciting as a dropped pass in the end zone

I wonder if indoor or arena soccer is better as a spectator sport. Smaller field, walled with no throw-ins, smaller goal but also smaller penalty box. I've seen a friend's kid playing at the high school level and it was much faster than normal outdoor soccer.

Forum List

Back