Who watches nascar anyway?

Auto racing is much, much better in person, where you can see the whole track, hear the sounds, experience the smells and the fans' excitement. Hockey is the same.

Although I am a car nut, I just don't "get" NASCAR. The cars have no relationship to anything you can buy, the speeds are absurd, and the drivers are treated like rock stars. For what?

Give me Vintage Gran Prix any day. Crazy bastards driving their classic sports cars - some of them priceless and irreplaceable - like maniacs.

I don't watch it. I think it's boring.

But NASCAR has cut it's own throat going all political with this BLM support BS. It's decline is inevitable now.
NASCAR just found a whole new audience.
No they didn't.

If you have no interest in cars and didn't like it before, you're not going to like it now just because you heard about their BS on the news.

I went to a race once.

Initial awe at the speed and power of the cars as they move past you. You can feel the rush of air against you.

But as hundreds of laps go by, you can’t tell who is leading and who is in the top ten. All you can do is look at the leaderboard

Endless cautions also get boring.

What the hell language is "prolly?"

You could have made the same claim about the NFL, but they were on the brink of going broke because people didn't watch and half full stadiums, so yeah, NASCAR will also suffer, whether you think so or not. People watch sports to ESCAPE political crap, not to get another dose of it shoved in their face.

Wise up.

The NFL was "on the brink of going broke"? When did that happen? NFL Network cutting its budget by $20 million isn't the NFL being on the verge of going broke. We're talking about a league that makes an estimated $13 billion a year. Cutting the budget of the 24-hour NFL channel is a far cry from the league going broke. :lol:

You could have made the same claim about the NFL, but they were on the brink of going broke because people didn't watch and half full stadiums, so yeah, NASCAR will also suffer, whether you think so or not. People watch sports to ESCAPE political crap, not to get another dose of it shoved in their face.

Wise up.

The NFL was "on the brink of going broke"? When did that happen? NFL Network cutting its budget by $20 million isn't the NFL being on the verge of going broke. We're talking about a league that makes an estimated $13 billion a year. Cutting the budget of the 24-hour NFL channel is a far cry from the league going broke. :lol:
They were hurting, don't play stupid, and if they start their crap all over again only worse, it's going to fold like a cheap lawn chair. You can't pay the overhead on those stadiums and massive players and owners salaries on empty seats in the stands. Commercials alone won't cut it, period.

Pretend everything is all fine and dandy all you want, however the fact of the matter is something completely different.

Wise up.

They were hurting, don't play stupid, and if they start their crap all over again only worse, it's going to fold like a cheap lawn chair. You can't pay the overhead on those stadiums and massive players and owners salaries on empty seats in the stands. Commercials alone won't cut it, period.

Pretend everything is all fine and dandy all you want, however the fact of the matter is something completely different.

So the only choices are "fine and dandy" and "on the brink of going broke"?

Look, you're the one who made the statement. I don't know what sort of access you have to the NFL's books, but considering how much they get from TV deals alone, I don't think they were hurting too badly. Will the virus cause problems? Certainly. Teams get a good amount of their revenue from ticket sales. Do I expect the biggest sports league (revenue wise) in the world to "fold like a cheap lawn chair"? Probably not.

If you have numbers to back up your claim, feel free to present them and show me that I'm completely wrong in my assumptions.

But NASCAR has cut it's own throat going all political with this BLM support BS. It's decline is inevitable now.

It has been in decline since it's hey day in the 90's
I wouldn't say that, but it's about to start a steep decline since they decided to join in with this BLM matter garbage.

They just seem to be clueless.

You would be incorrect, neckcar has been falling of for over 20 years.

It’s a dumb “sport”...not really a sport.

However it pretty much died when Dale Earnhardt died

Was declining before that even. I personally am not a fan, have buddies that used to be that now don't even consider themselves casual fans.

I wouldn't say that, but it's about to start a steep decline since they decided to join in with this BLM matter garbage.

Prove it.... link?

It’s a dumb “sport”...not really a sport.

However it pretty much died when Dale Earnhardt died
It lost it's appeal to me when the only difference between the cars is the freakin' paint job. Back when they raced actual cars that you could buy, cars that came from the manufacturers, that was racing. Now, the cars and engines are all but virtual carbon copies, how boring. Just like modern country music. It's pop music with a fiddle, and it all sounds the same.

Only because most country music plain sucks.

I don't watch NASCAR myself but being from Cracker stock I have friends and family that do.

They are pissed at NASCAR for kissing Black and Libtard ass.

NASCAR is going to lose a lot more of their audience from being so damn filthy pollically correct than they are going to pick up Negro or Moon Bat fans

Prove it.... link?

Do not know how to link on phone, the info is out there.

Wise up.

Not to nut jobs it's not. No indeed.

wow, wasn't that a fantastic left turn on lap 50....LOL
Most people don't go to races to watch the race, they go to party. For this reason I've found that endurance type races are better with LeMans being the best because at 24 hours it's the longest. Sebring at 12 hours is the 2nd place runner up. Both have multiple classes with all sorts of cars on the track at once for a nice variety of background sounds. LeMans is just great at night but all car races suck if it rains especially if your drink gets watered down.

Prove it.... link?

So looked it up again, Nascar viewership has been declining steadily since 2005.

wow, wasn't that a fantastic left turn on lap 50....LOL
I'm not a fan but it destroys soccer as a sport..."WOW! did you see that goal to make it 1-0, game over."

I have friends that are soccer fans, and it's not quite that bad. I've watched some MLS and been to a few games. It can get boring, sure, but scoring isn't everything. If it were, basketball would clearly be the best of the major sports. :p

Forum List

Back