Who is to blame for the spread of Corona in the US? Ask Trump.

Trump made his "soon to be very close to zero" statement a day after Mardi Gras ended. What was the mayor of N.O. supposed to know that Trump didn't know? Granted, Trump said he couldn't remember if he had been briefed on Peter Navarro's "cataclysmic event" memo, so who knows? That's the sort of thing a responsible or competent person might remember.

You appear to be taking his word on the memo at face value. Isn't there a global mental-health advisory warning against doing that?

Trump made his "soon to be very close to zero" statement a day after Mardi Gras ended. What was the mayor of N.O. supposed to know that Trump didn't know? Granted, Trump said he couldn't remember if he had been briefed on Peter Navarro's "cataclysmic event" memo, so who knows? That's the sort of thing a responsible or competent person might remember.

You appear to be taking his word on the memo at face value. Isn't there a global mental-health advisory warning against doing that?

If not, there should be.

No one believes a word coming out of that fool Trump's mouth. He just has a bunch of cultists who love his lies. I wondered how they rationalized leg-humping a Gomer who can't remember if he was warned about a cataclysmic event, and then I remembered there's nothing rational about it.

If not, there should be.

No one believes a word coming out of that fool Trump's mouth. He just has a bunch of cultists who love his lies. I wondered how they rationalized leg-humping a Gomer who can't remember if he was warned about a cataclysmic event, and then I remembered there's nothing rational about it.

"Navarro writes a lot of memos."

Impervious to advice, while the "system is blinking red" - AGAIN -, and an excuse for (allegedly) not remembering so utterly infantile as to raise eyebrows everywhere outside of kindergarten. Or so you would assume.

Stop conflating the factual observations made by Dems of Trump trying to assume imperial presidential powers and his failure to adequately respond to a national health crisis.

Stop conflating the reality of mentally disturbed individuals like yourself suffering from delusions of the president trying to assume imperial presidential powers and your subsequent mental failure demanding he do exactly that when it suits your purpose at that moment in time.

If not, there should be.

"Navarro writes a lot of memos."

Impervious to advice, while the "system is blinking red" - AGAIN -, and an excuse for (allegedly) not remembering so utterly infantile as to raise eyebrows everywhere outside of kindergarten. Or so you would assume.

You and I fail to grasp the President's real job is insulting reporters. And owning the libs. The Oath of Office is just for show.

It's probably more accurate to say Trump was irresponsible about the coronavirus.

Its probably most accurate to say that Trump's actions, like the travel ban, forming the Task Force, questioning the WHO's bad info, and getting the CDC and FDA up to speed were very responsible actions. The Trump "happy talk" comments were obviously trying to prevent a "pandemic panic" and are being deliberatly misinterpreted and used in a partisan effort to undermine Trump.

Liberal hypocrisy knows no bounds. Do you remember what your liberal leaders said when Trump imposed the first travel ban to keep people coming from China to the U.S.? Sanders, Biden, AOC, Pelosi, etc., said it was "racist" and "xenophobic."

Everyone but not him. His declared zero error policy is working out again!

Here's how it works:

TRUMP: The moon is made of WHITE AMERICAN cheese!

PARROTING RUBES: The moon is made of WHITE AMERICAN cheese!

REPORTER: Mr. President, you don't really believe the moon is made of cheese, do you?

TRUMP: A lot of people are saying it is!

(fast forward one year)

TRUMP: We only have 15 cases and will be down to zero in a few days. We've done a great job. This panic is the new Democrat hoax. Now excuse me, I'm off to Florida to go golf.

PARROTING RUBES: This virus is a Democrat hoax!

(fast forward one month)

TRUMP: This is no worse than the flu. Everyone who wants a test can get a test. Now excuse me, I'm off to Florida to go golf.

PARROTING RUBES: This is no worse than the flu!

(fast forward one month)

TRUMP: Let's pack our churches on Easter. It would be a beautiful thing. Now excuse me, I'm off to Florida to go golf.

(fast forward to the present)

TRUMP: Well, it looks like up to a bajillion jillion quadrillion American people could die from this.

(fast forward six months from now)

TRUMP: A lot of people were saying a bajillion jillion quadrillion Americans were going to die. But only XX thousand people died. That's how terrifically great I am!

Last edited:
After seeing all the kids celebrating spring break at the shore, and seeing the all the people at Mardi Gras, is it any wonder that the virus spread so fast? Was that Trump's fault? Hell no.
You don't think so? Guess what, he has and had the power to declare a national stay at home order. Instead, he chooses to leave it to individual governors. That is his fault.
There is no authority for the President to issue such an order.

Perpetrating this lie is your fault.

I think that's true, he has no constitutional authority to compel the Governors into following federal mandates. (But I didn't think he could re-allocate funds based on a National Emergency that he himself declared either.) I also think the scientists are correct in that we need a coordinated national response and that the patchwork, state by state response will create futures waves. A leader who believes in a strong federal government would at least try to make that happen.

After seeing all the kids celebrating spring break at the shore, and seeing the all the people at Mardi Gras, is it any wonder that the virus spread so fast? Was that Trump's fault? Hell no.
Yes. A national state of emergency combined with a national stay at home order should have been issued before those events took place. But Trump prioritized the economy over human life (and still does) thereby making the outbreak worse and, ironically, the damage to the economy more extensive.
1586448416542.png
, but really let the epidemic drag on, we had elevated, very elevated, very elevated to 3/4 and finally when the pandemic was well installed everywhere the word pandemic was said and it would have been different if the word would have been said much earlier.

In a pandemic situation, WHO offers strategic health and crisis management recommendations, such as containment or movement limitation measures.

In a pandemic situation, WHO offers strategic health and crisis management recommendations, such as containment or movement limitation measures.
The World Health Organization declared a global health emergency on Thursday (Jan. 30) as the coronavirus outbreak spread well beyond China, where it emerged last month.

The move reversed the organization’s decision just a week ago to hold off such a declaration. Since then, there have been thousands of new cases in China and clear evidence of human-to-human transmission in several other countries, including the United States.

The World Health Organization declared a global health emergency on Thursday (Jan. 30) as the coronavirus outbreak spread well beyond China, where it emerged last month.

The move reversed the organization’s decision just a week ago to hold off such a declaration. Since then, there have been thousands of new cases in China and clear evidence of human-to-human transmission in several other countries, including the United States.
The pandemic was declared too late the damage was already done.

It appears the Party of Trump is falling in line with the idea the WHO is going to be the target of a coordinated smear campaign.

Senate Foreign Relations subcommittee calls for WHO chief to testify
www.politico.com

Senate Foreign Relations subcommittee calls for WHO chief to testify
“I’ve been ... outraged by the responsiveness and the performance of the World Health Organization," Sen. Todd Young says.
www.politico.com
www.politico.com

Congressional Subpoenas are worth less than the paper they are printed on.

You and I fail to grasp the President's real job is insulting reporters. And owning the libs. The Oath of Office is just for show.

I think you are being cynical, and just for show.

Think about it. In earlier times, the advice was, You don't pick a fight with folks who buy ink by the barrel.

Who knew, by way of picking numerous fights with folks using up barrels of ink, he could turn their barrels worth of ink writing about his manifest inadequacy in his favor? Gaining a status of infamous celebrity and creating a cult of vulgar mendacity, catapulting him into high office? And then, he keeps that cult alive by being obviously incompetent, by not knowing anything about anything, and by lying about everything under the sun. The bobbleheads are nodding in vigorous agreement and support for "I don't take any responsibility at all!"

Really, who knew? And who has the mental chops to solve that puzzle?

Everyone but not him. His declared zero error policy is working out again!

And those things he said in the early days, when it was spreading, how he downplayed the whole thing?

That wasn't him. That was a CGI character created by the deep state fake news Hitler commies, using a phony voice.
He was definitely wrong in the early days of the outbreak.

Now, his detractors are using it as political fodder and blaming him for thousands of deaths. He initially fucked up, but his fuck up is being so overblown that he feels he needs to start blame-shifting. We have people wanting him brought before The Hague, for Odin's sake.

Forum List

Back