Who is the best GOP alternative to Trump in 2024?

Any non Uber wealthy candidate would suffice. Uber wealthy are only interested in the Uber wealthy. Fact.

I like Pence. Stoic, steady. There is no place for loud and bombastic. And we as voters need to see how much wealth the candidate has. If it's excessive it's a no go.

Well I intended this thread to be about Republicans other than Trump but that's okay. So let's go this route, let's assume it's fall 2023 and the polls favored by Republicans show that Trump trails badly numerous other GOP politicians when it comes to a head-to-head contest with the most likely Democratic candidate.
  • In the primary would you go with who the polls show as the best chance to win back the presidency?
  • Would you stick with Trump no matter what?
  • Would you buy Trump's complaint that the polls were fixed against him?
  • Would you favor Trump pulling a Hillary and buying the nomination?
  • Other?
Your premise doesn't say who the democrat nominee will be in 2024. Its either Joe Biden or Kamala Harris, neither of which could beat a random homeless person in 2024. That said.

1. I'd say that if Trump is trailing Biden or Harris then the polls are wrong like they were in 2016. Remember when Hillary had a 95% probability of winning?

2. I'm not a Trump fan, but I like his policies. My recommended path forward is for Trump to run for a FL House seat in 2022 and then be speaker of the House, with Nancy handing him the gavel before she retires from the House. Then the GOP can pick Nikki Haley, or Desantis, or Jim Jordan, or anyone with a 3-digit IQ.

3. The various state audits will make their conclusion by 2023 if there was significant voter fraud in 2020.

4. Trump won't need to buy the nomination, if CPAC is any indication he will get it unanimously.

Austin peterson.
Only repub I would vote for.
You know he’s a protege of Judge Andrew Napolitano, right TN? ( which IMHO is a credit to him), saw he speak briefly at the Mises Institute, Peterson is a pretty sharp guy. ;)

Of course, I don’t think Crime Family-R would ever allow him to be it’s nominee any more than they would have allowed Ron Paul. No Jeffersonian instincts left in the GOP.

You know he’s a protege of Judge Andrew Napolitano, right TN? ( which IMHO is a credit to him), saw he speak briefly at the Mises Institute, Peterson is a pretty sharp guy. ;)

Of course, I don’t think Crime Family-R would ever allow him to be it’s nominee any more than they would have allowed Ron Paul. No Jeffersonian instincts left in the GOP.
I remember someone telling me that a while back.
I watched him in the L debates. He was the man!
Not a fuckin one!

If there was any "assault on democracy" it was the totally biased MSM's coverage of the Trump admin. If you think that the democrats can pound 1/6 up voter's asses and win in 2022 and 2024 you're wrong. 400 DC rioters don't represent the 65m Trump voters. Trump lost by 43,000 votes in WI & GA. The GOP didn't lose one House seat in 2020. The GOP lost the senate when they ran Collins against Loeffler in GA splitting the GOP vote, so dumb.
People vote their wallets and their safety, and Xiden and the lawless democrats have shown that they simply don't know how to govern. We'll see in 2022 who voters prefer. IMHO we've had more than enough of the radical racists running DC.
As much as Republicans have moved on from Jan 6 and wants to just forget it, the rest of the country is still outraged.
Your feeble explanation that the insurrection was not representative of Trump voters ignores the fact that the mob marched under a TRUMP banner on behalf of Trump. Trump has been described as “giddy” during the attack and ignored repeated pleas to stop it.

I like Pence. Stoic, steady. There is no place for loud and bombastic. And we as voters need to see how much wealth the candidate has. If it's excessive it's a no go.
Trump hates Pence and MAGA will not support hm

Would the vice president stay steady and stoic after he gets slammed by Sleepy Joe for being a "fascist" and called out as a transphobic racist?

Its easy to be stoic when you aren't being attacked, but as the nominee, Pence (or whoever else the GOP nominates) can expect to literally crucified in 2024.

We know that Trump can stand up to it, who else can?

Would the vice president stay steady and stoic after he gets slammed by Sleepy Joe for being a "fascist" and called out as a transphobic racist?

Its easy to be stoic when you aren't being attacked, but as the nominee, Pence (or whoever else the GOP nominates) can expect to literally crucified in 2024.

We know that Trump can stand up to it, who else can?
Republicans will turn on Pence more than Democrats will

Republicans will turn on Pence more than Democrats will

I'm sure they will if Pence decided to try and divide the party and primary Trump.

But that would be the case with ANY Republican that did that, not just Pence.

Remember when Randall Terry primaried B. Hussein O in 2012?

The Dems really turned on him

I remember someone telling me that a while back.
I watched him in the L debates. He was the man!
Not a fuckin one!
If you like him, you might want to check out the LP Mises Caucus (if you haven't already), they're starting to gain some serious traction within the LP. The LP has been fucked up for years but the Mises folks are really starting to clean things up ( Libertarian Party Mises Caucus ).

I would also recommend checking out some of Napolitano's lecturers at the Mises Institute, he's an excellent presenter, especially on Natural Law Theory (bunch of 'em available on YouTube, Odysee or at Mises Institute ).

Who?
Hard to turn on someone nobody has ever heard of.

Lots of people know who Mr. Terry is, and a lot of people knew back in 2012.

Before he ran for President, he was the leader of Operation Rescue, the world's premiere organization that lobbied for the sanctity of life.

Lots of people know who Mr. Terry is, and a lot of people knew back in 2012.

Before he ran for President, he was the leader of Operation Rescue, the world's premiere organization that lobbied for the sanctity of life.
Who?

As much as Republicans have moved on from Jan 6 and wants to just forget it, the rest of the country is still outraged.
Your feeble explanation that the insurrection was not representative of Trump voters ignores the fact that the mob marched under a TRUMP banner on behalf of Trump. Trump has been described as “giddy” during the attack and ignored repeated pleas to stop it.
1. Half country can be outraged about 1/6, while the other half is outraged by the BLM/antifa riots
2. Most of the country is outraged by the way the democrats are running the country, defund the police, shootings, open borders, racist policies, runaway inflation, using the power of government to promote communist policies, keeping political prisoners is solitary in DC, while BLM rioters are back on the street, prosecutors not doing their jobs as murders walk, fans running from DC ballparks and restaurants, the list is endless.
3. If Trump incited the riot, why wasn't he charged? Because his speech was not incitement.
4. Here's your pathetic senile POS president...
Biden falling up stairs

If Trump incited the riot, why wasn't he charged? Because his speech was not incitement.
Republicans keep trying to pigeon hole it into one speech
It was more than one speech. It was Trump creating the Stolen Election LIE, Trump calling supporters to DC while Congress was confirming the election, Trump firing up his base, Trump telling them to do something about the stolen election, Trump refusing to interfere with the riot.
Trump was impeached over his actions

Forum List

Back