Who is the best GOP alternative to Trump in 2024?

Pretty sure my cat could beat Biden in 2024...
A word of advice: Don't get too cocky. The left felt the very same way in 2016. Do you really expect the woke progressive Democratic liberal crowd to vote red in 2024? Hell, you don't even know if Biden will be the Democratic nominee.

That makes your cat better than Trump. It's about time people figured that out!
But the pertinent fact would be that Trump would never be beaten by my cat.

Biden would.

But, in reality, your logic is skewed. Yes, Biden beat Trump. But that doesn't necessarily equate to Trump being beaten by anyone who could be Biden...

Interesting that he's the first out of the gate in this thread. He was the write-in candidate I went for when they handed me the choice between Hillary or Trump in 2016. Doubt he'll represent the party's best chance of winning back the presidency, which also will be a consideration.
He was my choice in 2016 as well. I don't think he could get through the primaries in 2024.

A word of advice: Don't get too cocky. The left felt the very same way in 2016. Do you really expect the woke progressive Democratic liberal crowd to vote red in 2024? Hell, you don't even know if Biden will be the Democratic nominee.
Oh, I'll wager that says Biden's not the nominee in 2024. Hell, he'll probably be put out to pasture by this time next year. His cognitive decline is accelerating. He'll be lucky to make it through the holidays. In 2024 the guy will be 82 years old and wearing a diaper.

I don't know who the Democratic nominee will be, but it won't be Biden, and it likely won't be Harris...

Wait. You're talking about the guy who is threatening to withhold the salaries of school leaders who mandate masks, right?
Honey, schools are turning a huge chunk of children into same sex relationships in numerous ways, sex education, and changing laws that makes them want to seek alternative means of gratification including how to seek and get turn innocent adolescents into same sex partners by the book and by example. Public Schools are the new Sadam and Gamorrah and the new Democrat laws provide protections for this family destroying lifestyle. The wrath of Sodom and Gommorah's destruction from terrors coming from the sky. When this forget-the-past shove takes human reproduction down to the same rate, people will use the new law to kill at birth, women will extinguish their female children with afterbirth abortion murders, because that will end their responsibility of dealing with female suffering entirely. Men will turn the planet into another lifeless Mars which may be why a network of roads scar the red planet that has no structures millions of years later when winds were all that was left to get rid of the evidence. Will that be our fate with the replacement of forests for windfarm power? Yeah.

We can put education back into the private sector's churches. That way, people will have more say into the reproductive habits of American children. The current system is fatally broke with the insistence that schools not parents would teach them about the role of sex in human life. That was an end-the species move if there ever was one.

Last edited:
Honey, schools are turning a huge chunk of children into same sex relationships in numerous ways, sex education, and changing laws that makes them want to seek alternative means of gratification including how to seek and get turn innocent adolescents into same sex partners by the book and by example. Public Schools are the new Sadam and Gamorrah and the new Democrat laws provide protections for this family destroying lifestyle. The wrath of Sodom and Gommorah's destruction from terrors coming from the sky. When this forget-the-past shove takes human reproduction down to the same rate, people will use the new law to kill at birth, women will extinguish their female children with afterbirth abortion murders, because that will end their responsibility of dealing with female suffering entirely. Men will turn the planet into another lifeless Mars which may be why a network of roads scar the red planet that has no structures millions of years later when winds were all that was left to get rid of the evidence. Will that be our fate with the replacement of forests for windfarm power? Yeah.
Wow. The crazy really leaked out of you!

DeSantis is good. Jordan and Hawley would be good. They all have good leadership qualities. There are others who could emerge depending on the political climate. The Dems, on the other hand, have no possibilities since they locked up Michael Avanotti.
Jordan & Hawley? Name one thing those two jerkoffs have accomplished other then having a permant brown smudge on the end of their nose from having it buried up Trump's ass.

Especially Jordan. Nobody would know that jerk even existed if it wasen't for his rabid devotion to Trump.

If President Trump doesn't want to run, I like Donald Jr., Kushner, Carlson, Eric, or Melania as all good choices.

But if Trump wants to run, I think it would be pointless to think of any Republican who could successfully primary The Donald and then actually vanquish Sleepy Joe in the general election.
Tho...it would be deliciously priceless if trump tried in 2024 and kept losing primaries.

Yep, and I was saying that here before Trump was even elected:

This madness is opening the door for the hardcore Left, and that's not a good thing, either.

The policies you define as "hardcore left", are standard fare every top 5 Best Country in the World to Live In stuff,

Universal healthcare, what you call "Medicare for All", is a fixture in every first world country in the world. Education is free to all up to university levels in some countries, including Norway. Canada's child tax benefit is up to $500 per month per child, for families with less than $70,000 in income.

"The Republican standard bearer can not be a perceived RINO. There can be a difference or two in views, but no more.

The Republican standard bearer cannot be a Trump Republican, a white nationalist, or someone who thinks that certain people shouldn't be allowed to vote.

It is time for Republicans to stop pretending that they are in any way capable of managing the needs of the country, or its economy. With three calamatous economic crashes in 40 years, and a complete financial destruction of both the working and the middle classes. Poverty has been increasing since Reagan, and the US rate poverty rate would be around 18% nationwide, if the USA calculated its poverty levels the same wy the rest of the world does.

Everything that Republicans tell Americans about the ability to manage the economy is based on lies. They are NOT for smaller government nor are they for balanced budgets. The size of government grows under every Republican Administrations, and declines under Democrats.

The basic function of government is to keep the lights on, safe drinking water running, and deal with shit like pandemics and natural disasters. Republicans still haven't finished the Katrina and every year brings newer and bigger "storms of the century". "Storms of the century" now occur every 10 years now.

Republicans keep trying to move the nation backwards, not forwards. Going forward requires new investment, not the same old profit taking. It requires looking ahead at where the jobs are in the 21st century. Retraining workers for jobs in the new economy. Why spend money on trying to revive coal? Why not train coal miners to build windmills? Install solar panels?

The USA has spent trillions of dollars - all on the credit card, waging wars on foreign soil. Imagine if all of the money you spent on equipment and weapons had been spent instead on infrastructure at home, on education for the 21st century jobs - instead of fighting over false histories and narratives, and ideaologies in the classroom, instead focus on a cirriculum high on facts and science, not one that denies science and relies on religion and political dogma.

There is no alternative. The GOP is the Trump Party.

You have as your signature a quote from a man who died 130 years ago and who is best known for burning Atlanta during the Civil War.

Nothing this man said has any bearing on what is going on in the world today. The press had no journalistic standards in Sherman's day, and it wasn't until the the 1900's that Journalism began to have ethics and best practices.

A recent opinion piece by the editor of The Arizona Republic editorial pages has aroused my interest in looking for the GOP candidate I'd best prefer nominated by the GOP in 2024. The closer we get to the election the less trust I have in what candidates say and so I figure it's a good time to start searching the field while politicians are more representative of their true selves.

In the editorial piece the commentator favors Florida Governor Ron DeSantis. He did a good job of arousing my curiosity, the key part being:

The liberal party understands that the real person who threatens their fortunes wasn’t playing the fairways at Mar-a-Lago last week, he was persuading Floridians to get their COVID-19 shots.

Gov. Ron DeSantis is the future of the Republican Party. He has all the fight Donald Trump brings to the arena and all the Reagan charm Trump never had.
Democrats expect the Republicans to come to their senses and do to Trump what they should have done six months ago -- trade him in.

That's why they've spent the last six months pummeling DeSantis, trying to soften him up for his re-election as governor and his eventual rise as Republican nominee. None of it has worked, because DeSantis doesn’t govern like Trump – with a blow torch. He knows how to talk to a greater range of people and how to appeal to their more decent instincts.

ha, ha, ha

The policies you define as "hardcore left", are standard fare every top 5 Best Country in the World to Live In stuff,

Republicans keep trying to move the nation backwards, not forwards. Going forward requires new investment, not the same old profit taking. It requires looking ahead at where the jobs are in the 21st century. Retraining workers for jobs in the new economy. Why spend money on trying to revive coal? Why not train coal miners to build windmills? Install solar panels?
ha, ha, ha,

New investment in failed windmills! I seen them torn down and replaced 3 times in California. That is an investment? Each company who builds them goes bankrupt. Yet, the CEO's of those companies got paid millions then bankrupt the company.

Why spend money to revive coal? Without coal you dont build Solar Panels or Wind Turbines, both which increase the use of coal. Why not train coal miners to build wind turbines? Cause they must mine for coal to make the steel, the copper, the fiberglass that is wind turbines.

Why not train coal miners to install solar panels? Cause you can not make solar panels without the coal that is used to create the heat to melt the silica needed to make the poly-silicon used to make solar panels.

But hey, it costs a $100 trillion dollars so what politician does not want to get his fingers into that kind of money, right.

The problem here is the ignorance that supports solar and wind. You have no idea what you speak of, you simply state utopian dreams as if they are reality.

Forum List

Back