Who is the best GOP alternative to Trump in 2024?

Actually that was before Trumps assault on our Democracy and attack on Congress

You sure you want to run him again?
Trump lost by 43,000 votes in WI + AZ.
After seeing the democrats in action for 2 & 4 years, I'm not worried.
Who you running Joe or Kamala? (two losers)

2022 should tell us how voters view democrats in-charge of DC.

In that case will you even have a party? Reagan’s “big tent” will be more like a pup tent.
This is Trump's OH rally in 2021. You were saying?

1627259165403.png

Never-Trumpers can vote democrat, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

Well I intended this thread to be about Republicans other than Trump but that's okay. So let's go this route, let's assume it's fall 2023 and the polls favored by Republicans show that Trump trails badly numerous other GOP politicians when it comes to a head-to-head contest with the most likely Democratic candidate.
  • In the primary would you go with who the polls show as the best chance to win back the presidency?
  • Would you stick with Trump no matter what?
  • Would you buy Trump's complaint that the polls were fixed against him?
  • Would you favor Trump pulling a Hillary and buying the nomination?
  • Other?

A recent opinion piece by the editor of The Arizona Republic editorial pages has aroused my interest in looking for the GOP candidate I'd best prefer nominated by the GOP in 2024. The closer we get to the election the less trust I have in what candidates say and so I figure it's a good time to start searching the field while politicians are more representative of their true selves.

In the editorial piece the commentator favors Florida Governor Ron DeSantis. He did a good job of arousing my curiosity, the key part being:

The liberal party understands that the real person who threatens their fortunes wasn’t playing the fairways at Mar-a-Lago last week, he was persuading Floridians to get their COVID-19 shots.

Gov. Ron DeSantis is the future of the Republican Party. He has all the fight Donald Trump brings to the arena and all the Reagan charm Trump never had.
Democrats expect the Republicans to come to their senses and do to Trump what they should have done six months ago -- trade him in.

That's why they've spent the last six months pummeling DeSantis, trying to soften him up for his re-election as governor and his eventual rise as Republican nominee. None of it has worked, because DeSantis doesn’t govern like Trump – with a blow torch. He knows how to talk to a greater range of people and how to appeal to their more decent instincts.

Trump’s dementia will make his fatass useless by 2024. He’ll get nowhere. It doesn’t help that he started out being a moron.

A recent opinion piece by the editor of The Arizona Republic editorial pages has aroused my interest in looking for the GOP candidate I'd best prefer nominated by the GOP in 2024. The closer we get to the election the less trust I have in what candidates say and so I figure it's a good time to start searching the field while politicians are more representative of their true selves.

In the editorial piece the commentator favors Florida Governor Ron DeSantis. He did a good job of arousing my curiosity, the key part being:

The liberal party understands that the real person who threatens their fortunes wasn’t playing the fairways at Mar-a-Lago last week, he was persuading Floridians to get their COVID-19 shots.

Gov. Ron DeSantis is the future of the Republican Party. He has all the fight Donald Trump brings to the arena and all the Reagan charm Trump never had.
Democrats expect the Republicans to come to their senses and do to Trump what they should have done six months ago -- trade him in.

That's why they've spent the last six months pummeling DeSantis, trying to soften him up for his re-election as governor and his eventual rise as Republican nominee. None of it has worked, because DeSantis doesn’t govern like Trump – with a blow torch. He knows how to talk to a greater range of people and how to appeal to their more decent instincts.

I’ll vote for the GOP nominee.

Same ones that have been in place for quite a while now, just to name the most prevalent ones….

Limited Government
Fiscal Restraint
Free Markets
Traditional Values
Strict Constructionism

Not that they ever adhere to any of them when they manage to get into power, however it would be nice if the rank and file at least CONSIDERED them when choosing a nominee.
Really? ...wow.... And Trump, if he runs, is at 49% right now polls show. I think you need to re-think what the GOP values are since he embraces none of them.

Trump will be President and DeSantis will be his VP. Then DeSantis will be President and Jordan will be his VP. Then Jordan will be President............... Get the picture? Marxism-communism is dead in the USA. So is lawlessness
Fat, old white men and women are dying off. They're getting less and less of the population every election cycle. Hello, Dreamer...

This is Trump's OH rally in 2021. You were saying?

View attachment 517341

Never-Trumpers can vote democrat, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.
Trump popular at a Trump rally! Who’d a thunk it?

Try this on for size. In MD, a normally solid blue state, he has a 77% approval rating with Republicans, 73% with Democrats and 78% with Independents, numbers Trump couldn’t touch in his dreams!

Hogan, 75% approval rating statewide

Fat, old white men and women are dying off. They're getting less and less of the population every election cycle. Hello, Dreamer...
And they're being replaced by people from shit hole countries who vote for liberal Democrats. America is doomed. Stephen Miller was our last chance to save America.

And they're being replaced by people from shit hole countries who vote for liberal Democrats. America is doomed. Stephen Miller was our last chance to save America.

White people from First World countries have no desire to move to a country without universal, single payer health care, quality public schools, and a stable, democratic government. Your live expectancy is going backwards, and your middle class in shrinking. The USA is currently the shithole country of the first world.

Perhaps, if you voted for the social programs that the rest of the world enjoys, more white people will want to move to the USA, but currently, we're MUCH better off where we are. No guns, covid under control, country re-opening safely.

Probably Joe Biden. He's the best most awesome POTUS we've ever had, and next time he should run as a Republican, just to show he's best as a Republican or piece of shit Demonicrat.

Trump popular at a Trump rally! Who’d a thunk it?

Try this on for size. In MD, a normally solid blue state, he has a 77% approval rating with Republicans, 73% with Democrats and 78% with Independents, numbers Trump couldn’t touch in his dreams!

Hogan, 75% approval rating statewide
Then he shouldn't have been a Never-Trumper and he could be in the running with Desantis and Noem. As it is there are several good governors, like Kristie Noem in SD, who supports Trump's policies.

I don't know Hogan's policies, but if he's a Never-Trumper I'd call him a globalist to start with.
I'm not a Trump fan, but I do like his "America First" populism.

Trump lost by 43,000 votes in WI + AZ.
After seeing the democrats in action for 2 & 4 years, I'm not worried.
Who you running Joe or Kamala? (two losers)

2022 should tell us how voters view democrats in-charge of DC.
Trump lost Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, Arizona and Georgia. States he won in 2016.
That was before his assault on our Democracy.

What makes you think he can win again?

Last edited:
Perhaps, if you voted for the social programs that the rest of the world enjoys, more white people will want to move to the USA, but currently, we're MUCH better off where we are. No guns, covid under control, country re-opening safely.

The US decided to invest in the military rather than social programs for its people.

That is why other nations are shocked that Americans can go into major debt over a health emergency or sending their children to college

Trump lost Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, Arizona and Georgia. States he won in 2016.
That was before his assault on our Democracy.

What makes you think he can win again?
If there was any "assault on democracy" it was the totally biased MSM's coverage of the Trump admin. If you think that the democrats can pound 1/6 up voter's asses and win in 2022 and 2024 you're wrong. 400 DC rioters don't represent the 65m Trump voters. Trump lost by 43,000 votes in WI & GA. The GOP didn't lose one House seat in 2020. The GOP lost the senate when they ran Collins against Loeffler in GA splitting the GOP vote, so dumb.
People vote their wallets and their safety, and Xiden and the lawless democrats have shown that they simply don't know how to govern. We'll see in 2022 who voters prefer. IMHO we've had more than enough of the radical racists running DC.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back