Who is the best GOP alternative to Trump in 2024?

interesting that I don’t see any Republicans endorsing anyone but Trump

It is sort of curious that the antitrumpist faction of the GOP isn't putting up Powell or Hogan or someone else to run.

Do you think that there is something wrong with the nevertrumpers that they don't want to compete and have no desire to use the electoral system to get their message out?

They need to stick with trump. He has a confirmed track record of losing.

Yes, unlike the democrats who have lost at almost everything every time they have tried over the last decade, Trump with no experience in politics whipped their asses, took them to school and won on most everything until last Fall when the democrats finally resorted to FRAUD to remove him in an illegal and illegitimate election.

interesting that I don’t see any Republicans endorsing anyone but Trump
To say the least, he's unique.

So going forward, one of the zillion fascinating storylines will be how successful a politician will be if they can stay in Trump's graces and ride his coattails with the base. Will that presidential candidate be able to get out the vote like Trump has?

The base's blind adoration for Trump isn't going to transfer 100% to anyone, I'd think. Right now I'd guess he'll run again anyway, so in that case it would be a moot point until 2028.

Yes, unlike the democrats who have lost at almost everything every time they have tried over the last decade, Trump with no experience in politics whipped their asses, took them to school and won on most everything until last Fall when the democrats finally resorted to FRAUD to remove him in an illegal and illegitimate election.
Trump was one and done as President
A failed experiment

Trump 2.0 is who the democrats fear the most. A republican who learned the lessons of Trump on how to fight the democrats and the democrat controlled press but better understands how not to frighten weak minded people. People who voted in biden and his actual destruction because they didnt like mean tweets are a
Special kind of stupid and they need to be handled with more finesse
Dems love the chance to run against Trump

They know how to kick his ass

306-232

After 2022, unless Republicans reclaim the House and or the Senate, both of which are looking less and less likely as time goes on, the party will turn on Trump the way they should have turned on him after January 6th.

Don't forget that Nancy Pelosi's January 6th investigation will be holding hearings for at least the rest of this legislative session, and issuing their report in the run-up to the Republican primaries. Instead of the political theatre we watched throughout the Obama and Trump administrations, you're going to see a REAL investigation, being run by people who want to make sure nothing like it ever happens again.

Last but not least, we have plea deals with at least 3 of the leaders of the Proud Boys who were hired as Roger Stone's "bodyguards" during the planning stages insurrection. The same Roger Stone who was the liason between the Trump Campaign and WikiLeaks. And General Flynn's brother helping to keep the National Guard sitting in their buses for 5 hours.

I'm really interested to hear what these Proud Boys have to say at their conspiracy trials, next year.

Kevin McCarthy really shot himself in the foot walking out on that investigation. Under the first proposal that was voted down, Republicans had veto power over any witnesses Democrats want to call. Those Pentagon appointments that Trump made right after the election was called for Biden, made everybody curious at the time. What was Trump doing with these appointments?

After January 6th, it was fairly evident what he was doing.

Apparently, someone didn't see how he was received when he spoke yesterday.

:laughing0301:

Yeah, but that was before voters got to see the democrats in action, open borders, lawlessness, runaway inflation, pissing away $trillions.
Actually that was before Trumps assault on our Democracy and attack on Congress

You sure you want to run him again?

Last edited:
Trump won't ruin any careers. What a fucking stupid thing to say, Mac. Really, with all your lies you've lost your credibility on this forum.

I could start with Rudy and work backwards. But you're already so backwards, it wouldn't be worth my time.

I suspect that, assuming COVID doesn't wreck his state and he isn't able to blame it on someone else, DeSantis has the inside track right now, by far.

But it's getting tougher to believe Trump won't run. And DeSantis and the rest know that he'll ruin their careers if they run against him.
Desantis may be 1st in line for the VP pick when Trump runs ...and barring a health issue Trump will run ..Trump is already running ! just look at the massive crowds at his recent rallies !

What Democrat? It won't be Biden because he will be in a Home for the Terminally Bewildered. Kamala "Heels up" Harris will be about as popular as root canals with no anesthesia. Who else do they have?

It won't matter which Democrat. NOBODY WILL EVER VOTE FOR DONALD TRUMP. If Trump is the candidate, it won't matter who the Dems run.

Seriously? Biden has rolled over and played dead for Xi and Putin. You are a fool and a tool!

Blinded by partisanship. Biden has stood up strongly to both Putin and Xi, something that Trump didn't do ONCE during his entire Presidency.

And don't give me that bullshit about Trump slapping tariffs on China. That was the biggest favour Trump did for Xi, enabling the Chinese to expand their agriculture markets into Mexico and South America.

Trump sucked up to Xi, encouraging him to build concentration camps for Chinese Muslims, and saying nothing about human rights abuses in Hong Kong. Trump praised Xi right up to the point when he realized he could blame Xi for the virus and help his election chances. Around about the time the virus hit Italy. Trump even changed his export rules in order to allow American companies to sell ALL of their PPE to China in January.

In the run up to the election, Xi even helped Trump out by signing that sham of an "interim trade agreement" whereby China agreed to go back to importing the same levels of soy beans and rice as they were buying in 2017, by 2022. 3 years of the worst level of fiscal pain and bankruptcy in history for American farmers, all to get back to where they started before the tariffs.

Biden has gone after the Russians over their hacking, getting money back from the ransomwear attacks, and threatening more serious repercussions if they don't rein in their hackers.

China bristled at comments about human rights violations, telling Biden that the USA should tend to its own abuse of minorities at the hands of police before coming down on other countries. Trump spent 4 years snuggling up to Xi and Putin, but Xi tired of his idiocy and the chaos.

The USA cannot thrive if the American President is making economic decisions of major importance - like starting a trade war, to deflect from the lawsuit filed by his latest mistresses.

Forum List

Back