Who is running this place now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I consider myself to be a relatively new member on USMB compared to many long-timers, I wasn’t going to throw in my 2 cents, but the fact that this board is the best one I’ve encountered seems worth a mention. I might not have been to as many message boards that some members have, but what comes to my mind is what if this board wasn’t available? What if we lose all moderators who are still donating their time, manning the complaints, merging threads, and do it for free? Asking for my twin sister - she’s really nosy;)
There are many MANY other boards. If they don't like being here dealing with many personalities...then they should quit. It is not doing any favors for them to stay hating their "jobs" and it damn sure isn't helping the board either.

Nearly all the honest brokers have resigned in disgust....I have that on first-hand authority.

Haters, cranks, and hacks, for the most part, are running the joint.

First hand authority? lol
Yes....Multiple sources....I was behind the curtain for quite some time, and know people.

You schmendricks are an embarrassment, were it that you had the capacity to access that emotion.
:thankusmile: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Plus...the way the world is now.....people are more short of temper. Lock them up, all they have is social media. Frustration comes out of boredom and being pissed off. Which comes out full force here and anywhere else on the net as well in real life.

Read an article today about Maui. It's not the island it used to be. Locals and the whole state wants to start charging people just to go there NOT including housing, motels, resorts, car rentals, dining out, hiking, etc. Step off the plane....you pay a fee. Period.

Why are they doing this? Because the visitors that used to be excited to go there are now rude to everyone....locals, I mean. RUDE. Hateful. Obnoxious. The Aloha Spirit is kaput.

Anyway....I was just asking cuz as I keep saying..I miss what was. Here and everywhere.
Thanks Gracie, a lot of what you said is right. I miss what was. It seems harder and harder to have real discussions...I just don't know. Seems rudeness is everywhere now.

Plus...the way the world is now.....people are more short of temper. Lock them up, all they have is social media. Frustration comes out of boredom and being pissed off. Which comes out full force here and anywhere else on the net as well in real life.

Read an article today about Maui. It's not the island it used to be. Locals and the whole state wants to start charging people just to go there NOT including housing, motels, resorts, car rentals, dining out, hiking, etc. Step off the plane....you pay a fee. Period.

Why are they doing this? Because the visitors that used to be excited to go there are now rude to everyone....locals, I mean. RUDE. Hateful. Obnoxious. The Aloha Spirit is kaput.

Anyway....I was just asking cuz as I keep saying..I miss what was. Here and everywhere.
Thanks Gracie, a lot of what you said is right. I miss what was. It seems harder and harder to have real discussions...I just don't know. Seems rudeness is everywhere now.
See my new thread here in this forum. We can all try. No guarantees, but basic common sense and WEEEE bit of bending without breaking might help. :huddle:

I don’t know the details Gracie I don’t know the history is
As I consider myself to be a relatively new member on USMB compared to many long-timers, I wasn’t going to throw in my 2 cents, but the fact that this board is the best one I’ve encountered seems worth a mention. I might not have been to as many message boards that some members have, but what comes to my mind is what if this board wasn’t available? What if we lose all moderators who are still donating their time, manning the complaints, merging threads, and do it for free? Asking for my twin sister - she’s really nosy;)
There are many MANY other boards. If they don't like being here dealing with many personalities...then they should quit. It is not doing any favors for them to stay hating their "jobs" and it damn sure isn't helping the board either.
Gracie, you were one of the first people to greet me in a very warm fashion on here and I don’t forget that.

About complaints: I’ve complained on here about issues, inept decisions made by people in politics, and I’ve even made a few negative comments (must have been my own breaking point) directly to other posters on occasion. For me, as you see… I don’t have any ground to stand on to say that the moderators shouldn’t complain as well. What is the purpose of making a complaint public? if I were a moderator, I can imagine being frustrated from the job stress and say “Look. I’m getting tired of getting complaints for personal battles, and this needs to stop!” I’d then maybe add in quickly…”OK, I feel better now but I’m 100% serious!” I can absolutely imagine me going there, just as a typical human.

At the end of the day, we’re all just humans trying to do our best… along with a few trolls who are as predictable as clockwork. Since numerous posters are likely to have complained on this message board, more than once about things, it’s just hard for me to understand posters can tell the moderators to not do the same thing. Now, I could understand somebody who donates monthly to USMB (I have not made a donation myself) having more right to complain about the moderators complaining publicly… but even then it’s good to focus on the good things at least for me. I’m almost like a sponge with negativity; I try to avoid it at all costs because as an empathic type will at times absorb it before I throw it back in the water.

A lot of us are sick and tired of playing kindergarten cop over and over and it never seems to change.

You wonder why flacaltenn spends less time here? Because he can’t even get people to comprehend the simplest of rules such Clean Start....or add some content to your flames.

.Instead we have to listen over and to the bipartisan Whine and Complain Club calling us biased, racists, a female slur that the word filter objects to, and gross expletives in pm’s. Some people.

That is not everyone but frankly it is enough to makes all of us not want to be here much.

Senior mods are flacaltenn and donttazmebro.

The rules are not that difficult to follow, it is the reluctance of Moderators to FULLY defend them, otherwise it will never improve, when a membership base perceive they can get away with it or get a slap on the wrist, they won't take you seriously enough to improve.

How many times should I report offenders before I realize the chronic abusers I report over and over rarely stop the repeated abuse of the rules because too often nothing happens to them for a while afterwards. Why don't Mods use the thread ban to stop it?

Why doesn't the Moderation team start a running list of rule breakers infractions and time away to show the Mods are indeed trying to corral the abusers, it is commonly done in most forums, why not here?

A lot of us are sick and tired of playing kindergarten cop over and over and it never seems to change.

You wonder why flacaltenn spends less time here? Because he can’t even get people to comprehend the simplest of rules such Clean Start....or add some content to your flames.

.Instead we have to listen over and to the bipartisan Whine and Complain Club calling us biased, racists, a female slur that the word filter objects to, and gross expletives in pm’s. Some people.

That is not everyone but frankly it is enough to makes all of us not want to be here much.

The rules are not that difficult to follow, it is the reluctance of Moderators to FULLY defend them, otherwise it will never improve, when a membership base perceive they can get away with it or get a slap on the wrist, they won't take you seriously enough to improve.

How many times should I report offenders before I realize the chronic abusers I report over and over rarely stop the repeated abuse of the rules because too often nothing happens to them for a while afterwards. Why don't Mods use the thread ban to stop it?

Why doesn't the Moderation team start a running list of rule breakers infractions and time away to show the Mods are indeed trying to corral the abusers, it is commonly done in most forums, why not here?
We do use threadbans.

As the biden regime evolves more and more into a totalitarian system the future for any political message board that dares tell the truth is very dim.

The net result will be that any truth that is spoken will only be amongst friends....and they will talk in whispers.

1626052858158.png

The Whisperers is a triumphant act of recovery. In this powerful work of history, Orlando Figes chronicles the private history of family life during the violent and repressive reign of Josef Stalin. Drawing on a vast collection of interviews and archives, The Whisperers re-creates the anguish of family members turned against one another--of the paranoia, alienation, and treachery that poisoned private life in Russia for generations. A panoramic portrait of a society in which everyone spoke in whispers.

Those who do not know history are doomed to repeat it.

Last edited:
Gracie, you were one of the first people to greet me in a very warm fashion on here and I don’t forget that.

About complaints: I’ve complained on here about issues, inept decisions made by people in politics, and I’ve even made a few negative comments (must have been my own breaking point) directly to other posters on occasion. For me, as you see… I don’t have any ground to stand on to say that the moderators shouldn’t complain as well. What is the purpose of making a complaint public? if I were a moderator, I can imagine being frustrated from the job stress and say “Look. I’m getting tired of getting complaints for personal battles, and this needs to stop!” I’d then maybe add in quickly…”OK, I feel better now but I’m 100% serious!” I can absolutely imagine me going there, just as a typical human.

At the end of the day, we’re all just humans trying to do our best… along with a few trolls who are as predictable as clockwork. Since numerous posters are likely to have complained on this message board, more than once about things, it’s just hard for me to understand posters can tell the moderators to not do the same thing. Now, I could understand somebody who donates monthly to USMB (I have not made a donation myself) having more right to complain about the moderators complaining publicly… but even then it’s good to focus on the good things at least for me. I’m almost like a sponge with negativity; I try to avoid it at all costs because as an empathic type will at times absorb it before I throw it back in the water.
Claire, you are a blessing for this place. PERFECT poster. Say what ya think, don't get down and dirty, stick to yer guns, are open minded. Love it that you are here.

Meanwhile....members are gonna bash other members. Its a given. Problem is, when they are losing the verbal fight, they run to mommy and daddy mods. Chickenshit behavior. I reported a dick being a dick 2 days ago. I think that is the only report I have done in almost a damn year. People need to buckle up and fight their battles, TRY to follow the rules, and stop running to mods for help because they have egg on their face.

You don't do that.

Claire, you are a blessing for this place. PERFECT poster. Say what ya think, don't get down and dirty, stick to yer guns, are open minded. Love it that you are here.

Meanwhile....members are gonna bash other members. Its a given. Problem is, when they are losing the verbal fight, they run to mommy and daddy mods. Chickenshit behavior. I reported a dick being a dick 2 days ago. I think that is the only report I have done in almost a damn year. People need to buckle up and fight their battles, TRY to follow the rules, and stop running to mods for help because they have egg on their face.

You don't do that.
I an so glad you don’t consider me one of the nicey-nice posters! When I read your description of different posters, I thought oh no ….I so need to get in the mud more to avoid that horrible status! Being a “nicey-nice” is almost as bad as being a repetitive troll … almost;) Whoooo hoooo I’m not either one- yaaaaah! Thanks for your kind words but I was seriously a mess in political chat land… barely made it out in one piece, many times over, armoring up to go back in to fight the good fight… now that crap was exhausting;p This message board format is so much better:)

As the biden regime evolves more and more into a totalitarian system the future for any political message board that dares tell the truth is very dim.

The net result will be that any truth that is spoken will only be amongst friends....and they will talk in whispers.

View attachment 511635

The Whisperers is a triumphant act of recovery. In this powerful work of history, Orlando Figes chronicles the private history of family life during the violent and repressive reign of Josef Stalin. Drawing on a vast collection of interviews and archives, The Whisperers re-creates the anguish of family members turned against one another--of the paranoia, alienation, and treachery that poisoned private life in Russia for generations. A panoramic portrait of a society in which everyone spoke in whispers.

Keep your chin up. Help is on the way!

1626053990901.png

I am far from NiceyNice. Far. FARRRR. But...I can be reasonable. Sometimes.
But..I'm old. No patience. Trolls who troll just to troll....BAN HAMMER. Fuck 'em. After a year or so...MAYBE let them back in once they get a load of the other many many boards.

Y'all love Kat. Did ya know she was banned here long ago? For years. YEARS. We all fuck up. We all learn. We all grow up eventually. And are let back in. And look at her now! Beloved!

Lets take some time out for a high power plea to whomever you believe in to make Kat better, soon. She is much needed here.

View attachment 511635

Keep your chin up. Help is on the way!

View attachment 511639
I have that guy on iggie, but I looked. HE is PRIME example of taking a thread and turning it into partisan BULLSHIT.

Gosh, I wish I had a ban hammer. He'd get smacked with it.

Basically there are two things that determine how good a political message board is........the agenda of the owner of the board and the quality of the moderators.

Even in the best of times it was always difficult to find a good board.....now with America being in a struggle comparative to a civil war.....hatred and bitterness have gone rampant....almost impossible to find a board that is tolerable for truth seeking people.

The thing anyone who participates on a political board should strive for is the truth.....which obviously the majority does not even make a effort to do.

Truth has become secondary at best for most(mostly democrats)...only interested in promoting their narrative....being willing to lie, cheat, steal and even prostitute themselves to try and accomplish their goals....the primary one being the destruction of America....and they care not what evil conglomerate replaces the America they want to destroy.

We do use threadbans.

Ok. but the rest of never see it openly.

Basically there are two things that determine how good a political message board is........the agenda of the owner of the board and the quality of the moderators.

Even in the best of times it was always difficult to find a good board.....now with America being in a struggle comparative to a civil war.....hatred and bitterness have gone rampant....almost impossible to find a board that is tolerable for truth seeking people.

The thing anyone who participates on a political board should strive for is the truth.....which obviously the majority does not even make a effort to do.

Truth has become secondary at best for most(mostly democrats)...only interested in promoting their narrative....being willing to lie, cheat, steal and even prostitute themselves to try and accomplish their goals....the primary one being the destruction of America....and they care not what evil conglomerate replaces the America they want to destroy.
This is NOT just a political board. There are many forums for all kinds of chatting and discussion. To make this political, is not necessary. I agree with what you said, except for the political stuff. Leave that off. How do we all FIX this place to what it was when we first arrived? It was so much better. Now we have burned out staff and really pissed off people.

That movie...The Mist.....the grocery store guy said "Put people in the dark, locked up, scare them....and see what happens"...or some such quote. But it's true. We all have been locked up, threatened, a fucking virus, poor government management, helplessness, etc etc....so here we are. Pouring it all out and relying on staff to herd the spitting cats. Ever try that? About as easy as giving a cat a damn bath.

This is NOT just a political board. There are many forums for all kinds of chatting and discussion. To make this political, is not necessary. I agree with what you said, except for the political stuff. Leave that off. How do we all FIX this place to what it was when we first arrived? It was so much better. Now we have burned out staff and really pissed off people.

That movie...The Mist.....the grocery store guy said "Put people in the dark, locked up, scare them....and see what happens"...or some such quote. But it's true. We all have been locked up, threatened, a fucking virus, poor government management, helplessness, etc etc....so here we are. Pouring it all out and relying on staff to herd the spitting cats. Ever try that? About as easy as giving a cat a damn bath.

I have been online and on internet forums since the early days of dialup. The level of hostility has never been this bad. People have never been so polarized.

I have been online and on internet forums since the early days of dialup. The level of hostility has never been this bad. People have never been so polarized.
Yup. It's pretty bad. Lots of factors are involved to make it so. Climate change is not just for weather. Its for personalities as well. Not good. Nope. Not good at all.

I did this thread as a tongue in cheekily-lighten-up-shit, along with curiosity on who was running the joint. Then like all threads, it evolved. So, putting on my thinking cap, I kept it semi going...with suggestions, more joking around. It's really nothing to laugh about, either. But if I put a bug in some ears...great. Or maybe not so great. I just hope things turn around for staff...AND us as posters. In short..I wanted to help.

We bicker, fight, name call, bitch, moan, laugh, pile on, etc...but when things get really tough, we all seem to semi pull together for each other. I am hoping this thread..and the other one...will do that. The world sucks. We don't have to make where we hang out suck as well.

Anyway...going to bed. Good luck, and best wishes. Seriously.

Same as it ever was. Let us remember that people come here for the drama...and will create some if necessary.
Real discussions are available...downstairs. Most are not here for reasoned debate...in fact, they abhor it.
Hell...even if they wanted such a thing...the rest of the crowd would troll them out of existence.
I come here to zing the knee-jerk idiots on either side...not to change minds...and not to stress over mods that have an impossible task.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back