Who is running this place now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus...the way the world is now.....people are more short of temper. Lock them up, all they have is social media. Frustration comes out of boredom and being pissed off. Which comes out full force here and anywhere else on the net as well in real life.

Read an article today about Maui. It's not the island it used to be. Locals and the whole state wants to start charging people just to go there NOT including housing, motels, resorts, car rentals, dining out, hiking, etc. Step off the plane....you pay a fee. Period.

Why are they doing this? Because the visitors that used to be excited to go there are now rude to everyone....locals, I mean. RUDE. Hateful. Obnoxious. The Aloha Spirit is kaput.

Anyway....I was just asking cuz as I keep saying..I miss what was. Here and everywhere.
Thanks Gracie, a lot of what you said is right. I miss what was. It seems harder and harder to have real discussions...I just don't know. Seems rudeness is everywhere now.
Same as it ever was. Let us remember that people come here for the drama...and will create some if necessary.
Real discussions are available...downstairs. Most are not here for reasoned debate...in fact, they abhor it.
Hell...even if they wanted such a thing...the rest of the crowd would troll them out of existence.
I come here to zing the knee-jerk idiots on either side...not to change minds...and not to stress over mods that have an impossible task.
The Mods helped create that atmosphere. It’s kind of amusing that they are now whining about it. They let their pet trolls run unchecked and are now surprised the board sucks?

You got what you wanted.

Plus...the way the world is now.....people are more short of temper. Lock them up, all they have is social media. Frustration comes out of boredom and being pissed off. Which comes out full force here and anywhere else on the net as well in real life.

Read an article today about Maui. It's not the island it used to be. Locals and the whole state wants to start charging people just to go there NOT including housing, motels, resorts, car rentals, dining out, hiking, etc. Step off the plane....you pay a fee. Period.

Why are they doing this? Because the visitors that used to be excited to go there are now rude to everyone....locals, I mean. RUDE. Hateful. Obnoxious. The Aloha Spirit is kaput.

Anyway....I was just asking cuz as I keep saying..I miss what was. Here and everywhere.
Thanks Gracie, a lot of what you said is right. I miss what was. It seems harder and harder to have real discussions...I just don't know. Seems rudeness is everywhere now.
Same as it ever was. Let us remember that people come here for the drama...and will create some if necessary.
Real discussions are available...downstairs. Most are not here for reasoned debate...in fact, they abhor it.
Hell...even if they wanted such a thing...the rest of the crowd would troll them out of existence.
I come here to zing the knee-jerk idiots on either side...not to change minds...and not to stress over mods that have an impossible task.
The Mods helped create that atmosphere. It’s kind of amusing that they are now whining about it. They let their pet trolls run unchecked and are now surprised the board sucks?

You got what you wanted.
After censoring one of my postings for about the thousandth time, Coyote made sure I knew the lay of the land by referring to JoeB by the affectionate pet name "Joey".

You got what you wanted.
After censoring one of my postings for about the thousandth time, Coyote made sure I knew the lay of the land by referring to JoeB by the affectionate pet name "Joey".
Socks and trolls get preferential treatment on USMB. They create clicks.

The Mods pretend to hate the “drama” but they get off on it.

You got what you wanted.
Socks and trolls get preferential treatment on USMB. They create clicks.

The Mods pretend to hate the “drama” but they get off on it.
Exactly.

The worse the poster, the more attention they draw.

You got what you wanted.
We witnessed an act of blatant intimidation last week, that would have resulted in a permaban of the perpetrator as recently as 5-6 years ago....Today, *shrug*.

You got what you wanted.
We witnessed an act of blatant intimidation last week, that would have resulted in a permaban of the perpetrator as recently as 5-6 years ago....Today, *shrug*.
Which says a lot considering how bad it was 5/6 years ago even lol.

You got what you wanted.
I was banned for far less of a transgression.

Does anyone get the soft, sexist undertones of this thread? Basically, a bunch of you girls have gotten together, even ones that usually disagree on everything and you all agree on one thing:

THAT BOYS NEED TO GROW UP AND ACT MORE LIKE YOU GIRLS!

Just like in school where the girls took on "serious and sensible" interests like cooking and housework while the boys were out throwing apples at passing cars and seeing who could ride their bike off the roof of the house and make it into the pool without crashing and dying on the sidewalk as their friends look on and laugh. Or were mixing up some concoction in the driveway to see what they could blow up.

BOYZ WILL BE BOYZ.

It is the boys whose passions run high either because of the topic or because they are defending themselves against trolling or because they are sick and tired of some other troll's stupid, partisan comments and just want them to STFU!

Girls are simply not that generally emotionally involved.

Even sex change operations can't make a girl out of a boy. Sorry girls, you are just going to have to live with us. If you want an end to bickering and more clean debates, start booting people off the forum who REFUSE to stick to topics, REFUSE to answer questions, REFUSE to provide supporting evidence for their wild claims, REFUSE to start threads on legitimate topics other than bashing Trump and supporters every 5 minutes, and who are trying to take over this forum to make it like 50 others---- all decidedly Woke and Cancel-Cultured.

Food for thought.

You got what you wanted.

One poster here is always saying how much he wants to see white children killed. He is a particular mod favorite.

I think their ide of "free speech" involves supporting the most absolutely repulsive statements imaginable while censoring the reactions to them.

You got what you wanted.
I got banned for telling Intense he was not telling the truth. So yeah…I can totally believe it.

Connery was pretty good from what I remember. But, he picked a fight with the board owners and poof...out he went.

You got what you wanted.
I got banned for telling Intense he was not telling the truth. So yeah…I can totally believe it.
I was banned for a couple of years. Elvis hit the ban hammer on me. Don't remember what I did, but...eventually they relent and let some back in.

Does anyone get the soft, sexist undertones of this thread? Basically, a bunch of you girls have gotten together, even ones that usually disagree on everything and you all agree on one thing:

THAT BOYS NEED TO GROW UP AND ACT MORE LIKE YOU GIRLS!

Just like in school where the girls took on "serious and sensible" interests like cooking and housework while the boys were out throwing apples at passing cars and seeing who could ride their bike off the roof of the house and make it into the pool without crashing and dying on the sidewalk as their friends look on and laugh. Or were mixing up some concoction in the driveway to see what they could blow up.

BOYZ WILL BE BOYZ.

It is the boys whose passions run high either because of the topic or because they are defending themselves against trolling or because they are sick and tired of some other troll's stupid, partisan comments and just want them to STFU!

Girls are simply not that generally emotionally involved.

Even sex change operations can't make a girl out of a boy. Sorry girls, you are just going to have to live with us. If you want an end to bickering and more clean debates, start booting people off the forum who REFUSE to stick to topics, REFUSE to answer questions, REFUSE to provide supporting evidence for their wild claims, REFUSE to start threads on legitimate topics other than bashing Trump and supporters every 5 minutes, and who are trying to take over this forum to make it like 50 others---- all decidedly Woke and Cancel-Cultured.

Food for thought.
Interesting...we start with boys against girls...segue to a plea to enforce all rules equally....and end with the premise that says even and fair enforcement would impact the left leaning posters far more and that there is an agenda to turn this board into a woke and cancel culture zone.
I liked the middle...especially since so many of those of both sides do all that you'd like to eliminate.
Forensic parsing of your post reduces it to a sexist tirade...that says the same old shit...the libs are the bad guys and we should squash them.
***YAWN***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back