Who is better to rebuild US economy, Trump or Biden? (poll)

Which presidential candidate will be better to get the US economy back to "normal"?

• "It's the economy stupid", vote Trump

Votes: 41 83.7%
  • We need tax revenue, and "only little people pay taxes" unless you vote for Biden

Votes: 8 16.3%

• Total voters
Biden rescued our economy from the Great Bush Recession, he can rescue us from the Great Trump Depression
George W Bush was still president at the time of what you call the "Great Bush Recession", however, Congress holds the pursestrings, and beginning in January 2007 Democrats had control of both houses of Congress. The Democrat Congress was responsible for the recession!
Lol, no. Every republican president causes a recession. They have for decades.

And they always try to blame it on someone else.
Republicans try to point out that most of these recessions you just mentioned were actually caused by Democrat-controlled Congress. At the risk of repeating myself, I point out that Congress controls the purse strings.
Typical Republican revisionist history

These major economic crashes always occur while Republicans are in control

Invariably, they always rewrite facts to somehow blame Democrats for their failures

Biden rescued our economy from the Great Bush Recession, he can rescue us from the Great Trump Depression
George W Bush was still president at the time of what you call the "Great Bush Recession", however, Congress holds the pursestrings, and beginning in January 2007 Democrats had control of both houses of Congress. The Democrat Congress was responsible for the recession!
Lol, no. Every republican president causes a recession. They have for decades.

And they always try to blame it on someone else.
Republicans try to point out that most of these recessions you just mentioned were actually caused by Democrat-controlled Congress. At the risk of repeating myself, I point out that Congress controls the purse strings.
Typical Republican revisionist history

These major economic crashes always occur while Republicans are in control

Invariably, they always rewrite facts to somehow blame Democrats for their failures
How can you deny that Congress controls the purse strings?

If COVID-19 returns in the fall/winter the US economy will take another hit.
Which party, and which candidate would voters rather have in-charge to get the US back up to "normal" the fastest?

One poll favors Trump over Biden.

Is the economy and jobs the #1 issue in 2020, or will other issues be more important to voters?
Your poll is not exactly asking honestly, but the answer is Joe Biden.

However, if the poll asked who was better for the economy at this point, SpongeBob or tRump, the answer stil wouldn't be tRump.
We know Trump's economic policies.
We know what Biden says his economic policies will be:
copied from post #65
"I don’t see how Biden can get the economy back. His masters will mandate that he put egregious environmental and energy policies which will delay recovery. Further, in the name of “taxing the wealthy”, his tax policies will assuredly end up with the Middle Class taking home less of their pay; and, corporations will get hit with higher taxes and increased regulations that will leave them little incentive to expand and add headcount"
Nationalize utilities, electric bills will skyrocket
The "Green New Deal"?
Close XL & Keystone pipelines?? (I don't see how the president can close a working pipeline??)
tRumps "economic policy" is a series of twitter rants and I'll considered trade wars.

Will Biden be under pressure to undo some of the environmental damage the tRump *administration* has caused? Of course, but those things are not really economically damaging. That's just what tRump told you.

And Joe is almost infinitely better suited to restoring trade with other nations. Diplomacy, ya know.
The problem with restoring our past trade and military alliances is our allies can no longer trust us. We are an unstable democracy and we can’t assure them we will not elect another Republican
That's why we need to get those re-education camps fired up.
Thanks to Republican America First policies, these countries are finding that they can’t trust us to keep our word and they no longer need us.

Which party, and which candidate would voters rather have in-charge to get the US back up to "normal" the fastest?

Is the economy and jobs the #1 issue in 2020, or will other issues be more important to voters?

However, if the poll asked who was better for the economy at this point, SpongeBob or tRump, the answer stil wouldn't be tRump.
copied from post #65
"I don’t see how Biden can get the economy back. His masters will mandate that he put egregious environmental and energy policies which will delay recovery. Further, in the name of “taxing the wealthy”, his tax policies will assuredly end up with the Middle Class taking home less of their pay; and, corporations will get hit with higher taxes and increased regulations that will leave them little incentive to expand and add headcount"
The "Green New Deal"?
Close XL & Keystone pipelines?? (I don't see how the president can close a working pipeline??)
tRumps "economic policy" is a series of twitter rants and I'll considered trade wars.

Will Biden be under pressure to undo some of the environmental damage the tRump *administration* has caused? Of course, but those things are not really economically damaging. That's just what tRump told you.

And Joe is almost infinitely better suited to restoring trade with other nations. Diplomacy, ya know.
Oh........you want Biden in so we can be China's bitch again...........go eat a bat.
That a buncha made up bullshit and you know it.
Denial is a city in Liberal Utopia...............his drug addict son went with him their on Air Force 2 and the company his son was with got Billions..............Imagine that.............Guess the Chinese needed Biden's Son to line them up with some good coke dealers .........LOL

copied from post #65
The "Green New Deal"?

The problem with restoring our past trade and military alliances is our allies can no longer trust us. We are an unstable democracy and we can’t assure them we will not elect another Republican
Thanks to Republican America First policies, these countries are finding that they can’t trust us to keep our word and they no longer need us.
Sounds like Isolationism............sounds good to me............cut them off......we are no longer the world's police force........we move our bases out ...........let them fend for themselves...........Oh well........not a bad idea.

...You mean when you were led to believe our hospitals would be totally overrun...right? That was the lie that they used to shut down the entire economy.
It was not a lie.

It was an entirely plausible data-projection/prediction that eventually (and only so far) failed to materialize in full.

By the way...

1. who is "they" ( as in, "they... shut down the... economy )???

2. why would "they" want to shut down the economy?

...You mean when you were led to believe our hospitals would be totally overrun...right? That was the lie that they used to shut down the entire economy.
It was not a lie.

It was an entirely plausible data-projection/prediction that eventually (and only so far) failed to materialize in full.

By the way...

To Elect Joe Biden. DUUUUUUH!

It was not a lie.

By the way...

Materialize in full? LOL Dude, hospitals are laying off tens of thousands of healthcare workers because they were standing around with their thumbs up their butts waiting for someone to come into the hospital! That massive hospital ship that they sent to New York City? The largest field hospital ever constructed at the Javits Center? They didn't use either one and now they're both gone! That's at the place that was most affected by the virus!

It was not a lie.

By the way...

"They" would be the main stream media who treated this whole thing like it was a zombie apocalypse! "They" would be Democrats who saw this as a way to finally cripple the economy that Trump had sailing along! "They" would be all the people who know Joe Biden doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of getting elected unless the economy is in the toilet!

It was not a lie.

By the way...

"They" would be the main stream media who treated this whole thing like it was a zombie apocalypse! "They" would be Democrats who saw this as a way to finally cripple the economy that Trump had sailing along! "They" would be all the people who know Joe Biden doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of getting elected unless the economy is in the toilet!
Sorry, guy... worst unsubstantiated Kornball Kornspiracy theory I've run across in quite a few years.

...Materialize in full? LOL Dude, hospitals are laying off tens of thousands of healthcare workers because they were standing around with their thumbs up their butts waiting for someone to come into the hospital! ...
Probably has something to do with Stay-At-Home Orders forcing cancellation of Elective Surgeries, etc., for a couple of months, eh?

...That massive hospital ship that they sent to New York City? The largest field hospital ever constructed at the Javits Center? They didn't use either one and now they're both gone! That's at the place that was most affected by the virus!
Better safe than sorry... the predictions were for a swamping of hospitals... Stay-At-Home Orders went a long way in preventing that from happening... it worked. ;)

Who is better to rebuild the US economy?

1. Biden

2. Trump

Personally, I vote for...

3. Someone who combines SOME attributes of BOTH men - and the parties they represent

---------------------------------

Trump attributes to be preserved:
-------------------------------------

I want someone who will restore our manufacturing base and eliminating our dependence upon China

I want someone who will dramatically reduce Illegal Immigration in order to restore several Trades to a Living Wage status.

------------------------------------
Biden attributes to be preserved:
------------------------------------

I want someone not afraid to use Federal power to force an economic issue using temporary powers if-and-when necessary

I want someone who will not pull the plug on social services programming until there is no longer a substantive need for it

=====================

We need ingredients from the Left and ingredients from the Right to make a decent economic soup.

We need someone willing to blend the best from both sides, and to discard the rest.

My grandchildren should live so long.

Kondor,
Negotiating and signing TPP basically backs China into a hard place. If it is properly put together (i.e. not corporate slushfest) then it gives US huge control over China..

Example:
Australia exports its Iron Ore to China, they then dump steel(and steel products) on the US market. They do this illegally and Obama and Trump both imposed fines and tariffs on them for doing so.
The simpler way is under TPP they can control the amount of Iron Ore China gets thus cutting them off at the balls.

US (because they are the major player) would control all imports into the TPP trading area. In the TPP area certain environmental, working practices.... would have to be in place in places like Vietnam and other low cost areas. This give US workers more of a level playing field to compete. It also raises standards in Vietnam and they will buy US goods (Remember not tarrifs on US goods).
This has proven to work and to see a great example just look at Germany and Ireland in the EU. Ireland joined as not far of third world, within a 25 years they became one of the richest countries in the world and they bought a lot of German Goods(Cars especially). German Car industry loves this and the same working standards, heath and safety, environmental... for workers in Ireland are the same as in Germany (Germany, UK & France generally set all of these (that would US power in TPP))...

Trump actually didn't know that China & India were not in TPP and said China would have too much power. That shows a lack of understanding. China celebrated when US decided not to continue with TPP. It gave them the major hand in the region.

TPP would have made a huge market for US, one where they would be making the rules (if they could keep corporates on a leash). And that was the big if, US main problem is they can't control their own lobby industry.

--------------------
As to your second point, the increased trade and control US would have over places like Mexico could really help Mexico gain control of there countries security. Generally Mexicans don't want to go to America, they rather make a living at home. Much like Germany and Ireland said before, there economic growth would gradually see this immigration reduce. Irish don't really leave the country now for economic reasons...
But before you say I want all immigrants gone. Who is going to do the crappy jobs with low unemployment market... This can cause a major increases in prices.. Just look at the prices of basic goods in Europe where nearly all workers have rights.

copied from post #65
The "Green New Deal"?

Yup.

Gonna make it hard.

No way in hell tRump can handle it.

...Materialize in full? LOL Dude, hospitals are laying off tens of thousands of healthcare workers because they were standing around with their thumbs up their butts waiting for someone to come into the hospital! ...
Probably has something to do with Stay-At-Home Orders forcing cancellation of Elective Surgeries, etc., for a couple of months, eh?

...That massive hospital ship that they sent to New York City? The largest field hospital ever constructed at the Javits Center? They didn't use either one and now they're both gone! That's at the place that was most affected by the virus!
Better safe than sorry... the predictions were for a swamping of hospitals... Stay-At-Home Orders went a long way in preventing that from happening... it worked. ;)
Closing down the entire economy...forcing people with serious medical conditions to put off treatment for months...and your response is "better safe than sorry"? Your "experts" got this wrong but you'll never admit that. We shut down our economy on the say so of people that were wrong and now you're going to subject us to years of "woulda...coulda...shoulda's"?

copied from post #65
The "Green New Deal"?

Oh........you want Biden in so we can be China's bitch again...........go eat a bat.
Denial is a city in Liberal Utopia...............his drug addict son went with him their on Air Force 2 and the company his son was with got Billions..............Imagine that.............Guess the Chinese needed Biden's Son to line them up with some good coke dealers .........LOL
Fake news.

I don't know why I keep repeating that. You know it as well as I do.

Who is better to rebuild US economy, Trump or Biden?

'I'm Joe Biden, and I'm running for the US Senate....'

'Nuff Said.

Bwuhahahahahahahaha

copied from post #65
The "Green New Deal"?

Fake news.

I don't know why I keep repeating that. You know it as well as I do.
You have a problem.............TDS and look the other way at the corruption of the last administration.......

Your problem not mine.

Yep. The one thing the bush league never got, and the magats still don't get. You can't build the economy fast. That's what creates bubbles, that crashes it in the first place. It has to be slow, and steady, as was done under Obama, and Biden.

Trump was on his way to crashing it again before Covid 19 showed up. The Trump economy was artificially propped up by the hundreds of billions being pumped into it every week by the fed. The deficit was actually exploding, at a time when it was supposed to be going down.

Throw in unnecessary tax cuts, coupled with over the top defense spending, and the dent starts blowing up on top of that.

Just like what Trump did with the money he inherited from daddy. He made bad bets when all he had to do was leave it alone. Just like the growing economy he inherited from Obama, Biden.

And now we have yet another post on who needs to "Rebuild" the economy.

Keep Republican hands off the economy, and we don't need to keep "Rebuilding" it.

Forum List

Back