Who are the Democrat Intellectuals, if any?

Rachel Maddow is one of the foremost intellectuals.

Being a Rhodes Scholar and all.

Going back to Robert Byrd (D) West Virginia (KKK), he played a Confederate General.

Then you had Algore, probably an even better actor than Byrd, but screwed the pooch on any integrity he had at all when he made that global warming hoax movie.

Sheila Jackson Lee once claimed that we planted a flag on Mars.

Then there are cable hosts Bill Mahr and John Stewart whom Liberals depend upon for their serious news, "comedy shows" with writers.

When I see Democrats, I think of these as the "intellectual heavy hitters". If not them, then who?

Are these the ones you see mentioned on Fox? Expand your news sources and you'd already know.

Rachel Maddow is one of the foremost intellectuals.

Being a Rhodes Scholar and all.

While I do appreciate Ms. Maddow, being a Rhodes Scholar is far from what you seem to think it is...

1. William Warren "Bill" Bradley (born July 28, 1943) is an American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, and former three-term Democratic U.S. Senator from New Jersey. He ran unsuccessfully for the Democratic Party's nomination for President in the 2000 election.Bill Bradley - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2. Bill Bradley, the thinking presidential candidate, scored a 485 verbal on his SAT? That's lower than George W. Bush, the allegedly slow-witted presidential candidate. As reported recently in The New Yorker, Bush got an SAT verbal score of 566.Bill Bradley's SAT Scores - By Geoff Kabaservice - Slate Magazine

Seems that if you are Democrat, you get glowing recommendations and awards, no matter what....
Current President case in point.

I don't know the party affiliation of all of these but they could be considered "left." (alphabetical)

Phil Donahue
Norman Finkelstein
Amy Goodman
Molly Ivins
Dennis Kucinich
Cynthia McKinney
Bill Moyers
Greg Palast
Edward Said
Jeremy Scahill
Gore Vidal
Howard Zinn

Foreign intellectuals.

Tariq Ali
Robert Fisk
Naomi Klein
John Pilger
Arundhati Roy
Vandana Shiva

None. politicians use emotion, not intellect to deliver there message.

in·tel·lec·tu·al
   [in-tl-ek-choo-uhl] Show IPA
–adjective
appealing to or engaging the intellect: intellectual pursuits.
of or pertaining to the intellect or its use: intellectual powers.
possessing or showing intellect or mental capacity, especially to a high degree: an intellectual person.
guided or developed by or relying on the intellect rather than upon emotions or feelings; rational.
characterized by or suggesting a predominance of intellect: an intellectual way of speaking.
–noun
a person of superior intellect.
a person who places a high value on or pursues things of interest to the intellect or the more complex forms and fields of knowledge, as aesthetic or philosophical matters, especially on an abstract and general level.
an extremely rational person; a person who relies on intellect rather than on emotions or feelings.
a person professionally engaged in mental labor, as a writer or teacher.
intellectuals, Archaic .
a.
the mental faculties.
b.
things pertaining to the intellect.

Obama: "Under my plan, ah, the cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket."

(I assume that would be true in all 57 states.)

Who are the Democrat Intellectuals, if any?

You cannot be both an intellectual and a partisan at the same time.

You can. at best, be a smart partisan.

Partisanship demands that you abandon the rigorous demands of intellectualism to accept the facts and the logical conclusions that come from them, regardless of how those conclusions jibe with your pet theories.

Closing Bell: Allowing the Bush tax cuts to expire would essentially be a tax increase.

Pelosi It isn't a tax increase. It is ah, it is a decrease, ah um ah ah ah, ah ah eliminating the tax, ah, decrease that was there.

Maxine Waters: This liberal will be all about socializi... ah um, will be about basically taking over, and the government running all of your companies.

I would consider this guy an intellectual..

NJ congressman tops 'Jeopardy' computer Watson - Yahoo! News

Find me one Republican in congress that could do that..

Spout a bunch of remembered facts and useless trivia? You honestly think I could not find a Republican that could do that? Or do you, like many people, actually think that doing well in Jeopardy is a function if intelligence? Do you understand that Wheel of Fortune is actually a more challenging game intellectually than Jeopardy?

Last edited:
Then there are cable hosts Bill Mahr and John Stewart whom Liberals depend upon for their serious news, "comedy shows" with writers.

Compared with Limbaugh, O'Reilly, Hannity and Beck, Bill Maher and John Stewart ARE intellectuals.
Compared to Limbaugh, Hannity, and Beck, Maher and Stewart are retarded. If you rely on those two bafoons you need help.

Closing Bell: Allowing the Bush tax cuts to expire would essentially be a tax increase.

Pelosi It isn't a tax increase. It is ah, it is a decrease, ah um ah ah ah, ah ah eliminating the tax, ah, decrease that was there.
Nancy Pelosi, the poster child of dimwit intellect.

Rep. Gregory Meeks, (D., N.Y.): . . . I am just pissed off at OFHEO [Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight] because if it wasn't for you I don't think that we would be here in the first place.

Um, well, now wait....a sec.... my man Byrd was merely supportive of KKK, Hitler 'the main man' who many wiser than us peoples claim to be a Genius was who he was and did what he did... Really? Does levels of humanity come into 'it all' when one is discussing intellect?

"DO levels of humanity ... ", dear.

Who could forget Sheila Jackson Lee? One of the intellectual lights of the Demparty.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK3rTUgoQD4]YouTube - Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee on North and South Vietnam[/ame]

Forum List

Back