Who are Jesus Christ enemy's ?

oh----I was told that Scofield did not rewrite the bible----just did some
commentary. The constantine bible remains

oh goody -----has it been translated into arabic?

The Romans didn't care about Jesus. All they wanted from the Jews was peace and paying their taxes. They didn't care about their religion.

norwegen
In the gospels, Jesus doesn't identify any Romans as his enemy. However, he repeatedly identifies certain Jews as such, even in his parables, like the Parable of the Ten Minas:

A nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom and then return. Calling ten of his servants, he gave them ten minas, and said to them, ‘Engage in business until I come.’ But his citizens hated him and sent a delegation after him, saying, ‘We do not want this man to reign over us.’ When he returned, having received the kingdom, he ordered these servants to whom he had given the money to be called to him, that he might know what they had gained by doing business. The first came before him, saying, ‘Lord, your mina has made ten minas more.’ And he said to him, ‘Well done, good servant! Because you have been faithful in a very little, you shall have authority over ten cities.’ And the second came, saying, ‘Lord, your mina has made five minas.’ And he said to him, ‘And you are to be over five cities.’ Then another came, saying, ‘Lord, here is your mina, which I kept laid away in a handkerchief; for I was afraid of you, because you are a severe man. You take what you did not deposit, and reap what you did not sow.’ He said to him, ‘I will condemn you with your own words, you wicked servant! You knew that I was a severe man, taking what I did not deposit and reaping what I did not sow? Why then did you not put my money in the bank, and at my coming I might have collected it with interest?’ And he said to those who stood by, ‘Take the mina from him, and give it to the one who has the ten minas.’ And they said to him, ‘Lord, he has ten minas!’ ‘I tell you that to everyone who has, more will be given, but from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away. But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me.’ (Lk 19:12-27)

This parable foretells a slaughter of Jews. But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me. As Elijah came in power and spirit in John the Baptist, Jesus was coming in power and spirit in his kingdom, for as he was king even then, in the flesh, the kingdom was already present, its power already manifesting and shaking up the ruling places, as evidenced by the nervous and hostile reactions of the Pharisees to his preaching. But he would appear in glory on judgement day. This parable is about the kingdom, to be sure, but not so much about its arrival as about its glory being magnified when the old system disintegrated. On that day, those of his disciples who were still alive would see the kingdom after it had not merely come but come in power (Mk 9:1). Judgment Day would not be the kingdom’s arrival; it would be the kingdom’s consummation.

The coming calamity in Judea runs in the Parable of the Wicked Tenants as well:

A man planted a vineyard and let it out to tenants and went into another country for a long while. When the time came, he sent a servant to the tenants, so that they would give him some of the fruit of the vineyard. But the tenants beat him and sent him away empty-handed. And he sent another servant. But they also beat and treated him shamefully, and sent him away empty-handed. And he sent yet a third. This one also they wounded and cast out. Then the owner of the vineyard said, ‘What shall I do? I will send my beloved son; perhaps they will respect him.’ But when the tenants saw him, they said to themselves, ‘This is the heir. Let us kill him, so that the inheritance may be ours.’ And they threw him out of the vineyard and killed him. What then will the owner of the vineyard do to them? He will come and destroy those tenants and give the vineyard to others. (Lk 20:9-16)​

In this parable, the vineyard is the land of Israel. The lord of the vineyard is the Father. The lord’s servants are the prophets. His son is Jesus Christ. The tenants are the rebellious Jews. Retribution comes from Christ and his church, the stone that crushes the rebellious Jewish kingdom and indeed all the mighty kingdoms of the world, bringing to life Daniel’s interpretation of Nebuchadnezzar’s dream (Dn 2:34).

In the previous Parable of the Ten Minas, Christ’s enemies who rejected his mission as the redeemer of the lost were slaughtered in the Jewish Wars. In this Parable of the Wicked Tenants, shortly before the slaughter of the Jews and after a history of abuses against the righteous prophets, the Jews kill Christ and so are denied admission to the kingdom that they had so long waited for. The Jews are destroyed and the vineyard handed over to others. The kingdom would be taken from them and handed over to a people who would follow Christ and bear fruit for God (Mt 21:43). The kingdom was handed to the saints, a productive people.

That this parable bears on the people of the Savior’s generation is clear. We know this not only from history and by the judgment that God meted out in the war a few decades after the crucifixion but also by the reaction of some in the crowd. If not for others in the audience holding them back, the scribes and chief priests would have arrested Jesus for speaking against them (Lk 20:19). Jesus spoke not against their descendants or anyone else in the distant future. He spoke against them, these very people in that very generation. The scribes and chief priests were the tenants in that first-century audience in the temple where Jesus was speaking.

In the gospels, Jesus doesn't identify any Romans as his enemy. However, he repeatedly identifies certain Jews as such, even in his parables, like the Parable of the Ten Minas:

A nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom and then return. Calling ten of his servants, he gave them ten minas, and said to them, ‘Engage in business until I come.’ But his citizens hated him and sent a delegation after him, saying, ‘We do not want this man to reign over us.’ When he returned, having received the kingdom, he ordered these servants to whom he had given the money to be called to him, that he might know what they had gained by doing business. The first came before him, saying, ‘Lord, your mina has made ten minas more.’ And he said to him, ‘Well done, good servant! Because you have been faithful in a very little, you shall have authority over ten cities.’ And the second came, saying, ‘Lord, your mina has made five minas.’ And he said to him, ‘And you are to be over five cities.’ Then another came, saying, ‘Lord, here is your mina, which I kept laid away in a handkerchief; for I was afraid of you, because you are a severe man. You take what you did not deposit, and reap what you did not sow.’ He said to him, ‘I will condemn you with your own words, you wicked servant! You knew that I was a severe man, taking what I did not deposit and reaping what I did not sow? Why then did you not put my money in the bank, and at my coming I might have collected it with interest?’ And he said to those who stood by, ‘Take the mina from him, and give it to the one who has the ten minas.’ And they said to him, ‘Lord, he has ten minas!’ ‘I tell you that to everyone who has, more will be given, but from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away. But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me.’ (Lk 19:12-27)

This parable foretells a slaughter of Jews. But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me. As Elijah came in power and spirit in John the Baptist, Jesus was coming in power and spirit in his kingdom, for as he was king even then, in the flesh, the kingdom was already present, its power already manifesting and shaking up the ruling places, as evidenced by the nervous and hostile reactions of the Pharisees to his preaching. But he would appear in glory on judgement day. This parable is about the kingdom, to be sure, but not so much about its arrival as about its glory being magnified when the old system disintegrated. On that day, those of his disciples who were still alive would see the kingdom after it had not merely come but come in power (Mk 9:1). Judgment Day would not be the kingdom’s arrival; it would be the kingdom’s consummation.

The coming calamity in Judea runs in the Parable of the Wicked Tenants as well:

A man planted a vineyard and let it out to tenants and went into another country for a long while. When the time came, he sent a servant to the tenants, so that they would give him some of the fruit of the vineyard. But the tenants beat him and sent him away empty-handed. And he sent another servant. But they also beat and treated him shamefully, and sent him away empty-handed. And he sent yet a third. This one also they wounded and cast out. Then the owner of the vineyard said, ‘What shall I do? I will send my beloved son; perhaps they will respect him.’ But when the tenants saw him, they said to themselves, ‘This is the heir. Let us kill him, so that the inheritance may be ours.’ And they threw him out of the vineyard and killed him. What then will the owner of the vineyard do to them? He will come and destroy those tenants and give the vineyard to others. (Lk 20:9-16)​

In this parable, the vineyard is the land of Israel. The lord of the vineyard is the Father. The lord’s servants are the prophets. His son is Jesus Christ. The tenants are the rebellious Jews. Retribution comes from Christ and his church, the stone that crushes the rebellious Jewish kingdom and indeed all the mighty kingdoms of the world, bringing to life Daniel’s interpretation of Nebuchadnezzar’s dream (Dn 2:34).

In the previous Parable of the Ten Minas, Christ’s enemies who rejected his mission as the redeemer of the lost were slaughtered in the Jewish Wars. In this Parable of the Wicked Tenants, shortly before the slaughter of the Jews and after a history of abuses against the righteous prophets, the Jews kill Christ and so are denied admission to the kingdom that they had so long waited for. The Jews are destroyed and the vineyard handed over to others. The kingdom would be taken from them and handed over to a people who would follow Christ and bear fruit for God (Mt 21:43). The kingdom was handed to the saints, a productive people.

That this parable bears on the people of the Savior’s generation is clear. We know this not only from history and by the judgment that God meted out in the war a few decades after the crucifixion but also by the reaction of some in the crowd. If not for others in the audience holding them back, the scribes and chief priests would have arrested Jesus for speaking against them (Lk 20:19). Jesus spoke not against their descendants or anyone else in the distant future. He spoke against them, these very people in that very generation. The scribes and chief priests were the tenants in that first-century audience in the temple where Jesus was speaking.
one of the most idiotic bits of christian commentary I have ever encountered. ^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^
Luke was a GREEK---never met Jesus and could not speak his language. The
SCRIBES??? for the record---at that time the chief priest was a ROMAN
APPOINTEE and despised. Jesus was speaking in the Temple? Where in the
Temple. Since when did the priests arrest people? ---well--maybe on the
authority of Rome----not in their position of priest. ----cite your moronic
source, wegen. OH GEE-----even "the scribes" are arresting people ---in the
world of wegen

PS----wegen also said that Jesus cites "certain jews" as his enemy---but poor wegen cannot manage to name the "certain jews" cited (with the possible exception of the
Rome appointed chief priest at that time who was DESPISED by PHARISEES--
(like Jesus)

one of the most idiotic bits of christian commentary I have ever encountered. ^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^
Luke was a GREEK---never met Jesus and could not speak his language. The
SCRIBES??? for the record---at that time the chief priest was a ROMAN
APPOINTEE and despised. Jesus was speaking in the Temple? Where in the
Temple. Since when did the priests arrest people? ---well--maybe on the
authority of Rome----not in their position of priest. ----cite your moronic
source, wegen. OH GEE-----even "the scribes" are arresting people ---in the
world of wegen
It's not my world; it's what Luke says. The scribes and chief priests wanted to arrest him and deliver him to the authorities (20:19-20).

Just curious. Would you consider yourself anti-Roman or anti-Italian?

PS----wegen also said that Jesus cites "certain jews" as his enemy---but poor wegen cannot manage to name the "certain jews" cited (with the possible exception of the
Rome appointed chief priest at that time who was DESPISED by PHARISEES--
(like Jesus)
Um, read the Olivet Discourse.

Um, read the Olivet Discourse.
I read it-----it is vague, cites writings and really conjectured "teachings" by people who never met Jesus and Luke who did not even know any language that Jesus spoke. It is just as silly as your "commentary"---and still does not cite the
enemies of Jesus

It's not my world; it's what Luke says. The scribes and chief priests wanted to arrest him and deliver him to the authorities (20:19-20).

Just curious. Would you consider yourself anti-Roman or anti-Italian?
Luke says.................... the scribes (who had no authority to arrest anyone)
and the chief priest {s} ---like there were DOZENS of chief priests----NOPE--
only one----Caiaphas-----roman appointed despised by the pharisees and
"deliver him to the authorities" WHAT AUTHORITIES????. If I were a jew
living in Judea at the time of Jesus----like Jesus I would despise the OPPRESSIVE
ROMANS

I read it-----it is vague, cites writings and really conjectured "teachings" by people who never met Jesus and Luke who did not even know any language that Jesus spoke. It is just as silly as your "commentary"---and still does not cite the
enemies of Jesus
It is not vague. Jesus clearly identifies the scribes and Pharisees as the subject of his delivery (Mt 23:2). Woe to the scribes and Pharisees, the hypocrites and blind guides (23:13, 16, 23, 25, 27, 29, and corresponding verses in other gospels). He then proceeds to tell of their coming destruction in Chapter 24.

It is the Jews whom he targets, who have corrupted Moses and murdered their prophets. The Jews, not the Romans. The Romans had nothing to do with Jesus' mission or his vengeance.

Luke says.................... the scribes (who had no authority to arrest anyone)
and the chief priest {s} ---like there were DOZENS of chief priests----NOPE--
only one----Caiaphas-----roman appointed despised by the pharisees and
"deliver him to the authorities" WHAT AUTHORITIES????. If I were a jew
living in Judea at the time of Jesus----like Jesus I would despise the OPPRESSIVE
ROMANS
I'm referencing the New Testament. You're arguing with the New Testament. You're free to do so.

When you're done arguing with some gospels and epistles, feel free to address me if you'd like.

It is not vague. Jesus clearly identifies the scribes and Pharisees as the subject of his delivery (Mt 23:2). Woe to the scribes and Pharisees, the hypocrites and blind guides (23:13, 16, 23, 25, 27, 29, and corresponding verses in other gospels). He then proceeds to tell of their coming destruction in Chapter 24.

It is the Jews whom he targets, who have corrupted Moses and murdered their prophets. The Jews, not the Romans. The Romans had nothing to do with Jesus' mission or his vengeance.
yes-----I read it-----written by ROMAN SHILLS -----in documents without clear
authors-----some putatively by a greek who did not speak the aramaic that
Jesus spoke and SOMEHOW places Jesus IN THE TEMPLE as a "teacher"
when all the "officials" wanted to kill him------and cites the PHARISEES as
enemies-----who certainly were ENEMIES-----enemies of the oppressive
ROMANS whose asses they refused to lick. You are free---of course---to
believe that drivel

I'm referencing the New Testament. You're arguing with the New Testament. You're free to do so.

When you're done arguing with some gospels and epistles, feel free to address me if you'd like.
oh----ok -----a LITERALIST

yes-----I read it-----written by ROMAN SHILLS -----in documents without clear
authors-----some putatively by a greek who did not speak the aramaic that
Jesus spoke and SOMEHOW places Jesus IN THE TEMPLE as a "teacher"
when all the "officials" wanted to kill him------and cites the PHARISEES as
enemies-----who certainly were ENEMIES-----enemies of the oppressive
ROMANS whose asses they refused to lick. You are free---of course---to
believe that drivel
The authorship is not clear, yet the authors were Roman shills.

Sure, okay.

Forum List

Back