Whites playing the political victim card

So you like being black and you like this country...but you dislike those that are not black in this country becuase of the few that despise black people.

So should I dislike all black people becuase you dislike white people?

Man....you need to get a grip.

Times they are a changin...have been for the better part of 40 years.

Loving to be black doesn't mean I hate or dislike nonblacks, you have deepseated paranoid issues I'm not going to address, take care of your own biz.

Why 'love' an accident of birth? I'm of Irish extraction.... and the Irish have, historically, been treated appallingly by the English. Am I supposed to think that today's English hate today's Irish? That would be ridiculous and stupid. They don't.

You're black. Great. Be proud of it. I'm white - I feel no pride in being white. I am proud to be American, I'm proud of my Irish roots. But I am no better than you, and you are no better than me. We're all just Americans. And that is what unites us. I prefer to focus on what unites than what divides.... because there is no divide... at least, not to me.

You are much better than Bass.

Bass is a racist.

You are not.

Key word: historically. The country has moved on. You really need to move on with us.

Sometimes, Charlie, I think you WANT whites to be racists... to justify hating people based on their skin color.

No, the country has not moved on especially when paranoid whites are still pissed and paranoid over having a black prez, plus whites don't decide for minorities that racism has moved on.

And minorities dont decide that whites are racist.

Oh really, so when a white discriminate against a black who decides that? The whites? lol.

No, the country has not moved on especially when paranoid whites are still pissed and paranoid over having a black prez, plus whites don't decide for minorities that racism has moved on.

Who is pissed and paranoid about having a Black President?

I hardly think about the fact that he's black. And it doesn't effect at all of what i think on his policies.

Well considering this:

• A recent Public Religion Research Institute poll found 44% of Americans surveyed identify discrimination against whites as being just as big as bigotry aimed at blacks and other minorities. The poll found 61% of those identifying with the Tea Party held that view, as did 56% of Republicans and 57% of white evangelicals.

I believe its true since Fauxnews and several rightwing leaning news outlets and blogs keep playing up on white fears, consider these things:

• Conservative talk-show host Rush Limbaugh argued in a radio show that Republicans are an "oppressed minority" in need of a "civil rights movement" because its members willingly sit in the "back of the bus" and "are afraid of the fire hoses and the dogs."

• Fox talk-show host Glenn Beck led a march on Washington (attended primarily by white people) to "restore honor," and once called President Obama a racist with a "deep-seated hatred for white people and white culture." He later said he regretted making that comment.

• Conservative news outlets ran a number of stories last summer highlighting an incident from the 2008 elections, in which activists from the New Black Panther Party appeared to be intimidating voters at a polling place. Those claims were never proven.

Facts aren't on your side, keep punching at the air.

Sorry, Charlie.... polls are not a basis on which to formulate an argument. Anyone capable of critical thinking knows that polls are skewed by too many variables - such as who is being polled, the wording of the questions, even the time of day influences outcome. So, no. That's a fail.

While I can understand your own obsession with racial issues, and where your views come from.... It's not fact, Charlie. I'm tired of being called a racist because I'm conservative. Really, truly, it's ridiculous.

What the hell are you talking about CG? No one called you racist, but if you feel like you're being called one you might want to truly examine yourself.

You've just given us a load of bullshit 'reasons' why whites are racist. I'm white. If you cannot separate the two, then you're including me in that bunch you think are racist. I'm not a racist Charlie. I know you aren't either. But I think you have personal issues - because of your family bloodline - that colors your view and makes you accept as fact things that are not fact.

Limbaugh is an idiot. He does not speak on behalf of Republicans, conservatives or white people. He's just an ass with an agenda. Polls should not be taken as fact. A gathering of conservatives - who happened to be mainly white - is nothing more than representative of the country. Our country is, currently, predominantly white. But, there were blacks and hispanics at Becks rally. Yet you conveniently ignore those.

Oh really, so when a white discriminate against a black who decides that? The whites? lol.

Bingo..

SO you dont get it.

You dont simply decide one is a racist

you must first observe the actions/words of the person....as I have with you...and your words reek of racism.

Done with this conversation.

Are whites racially oppressed? - CNN.com

"We went from being a privileged group to all of a sudden becoming whites, the new victims,'' says Charles Gallagher, a sociologist at La Salle University in Pennsylvania who researches white racial attitudes and was baffled to find that whites see themselves as a minority.

"You have this perception out there that whites are no longer in control or the majority. Whites are the new minority group."

And

For many decades, white people saw themselves as individuals, not as members of a race, says Matt Wray, a sociologist at Temple University in Pennsylvania, who writes books about white studies.

"We are often offended if someone calls attention to our race as shaping how we view the world," says Wray, author of "Not Quite White." "We don't like to be pigeon-holed that way. Non-white Americans are seldom afforded this luxury of seeing themselves as individuals, disconnected from any race."

Still, Wray says anxiety among whites over their place in America is nothing new. Some 19th century whites worried about slave revolts. During segregation. some worried about blacks they labeled as "uppity Negroes."

"Whites have never really felt terribly secure in their majority status," he says. "It's often said that it is lonely at the top, but it's also an anxious place to be, because you live in constant fear of falling."

Now we know why so many whites are against affirmative action, not because they're unfair but because they fear a minority person will knock them from the top and when Obama became the first elected black President all hell broke lose and those fears came to the surface, now so many whites are playing the victim card for unjustifiable reasons after all these years of ridiculing minorities who legitimately had a reason to raise hell.

Isn't it amazing what a bad economy does to people?
I work for the state and we hire and promote based on quota not capabilities and ability. We put a lot of uncapable people in positions that can not do the job as a result. Bottom line, it ends up costing the tax payer more. When it comes to services like fire and police, it can en up costing lives. It's a flawed plan.

So you like being black and you like this country...but you dislike those that are not black in this country becuase of the few that despise black people.

So should I dislike all black people becuase you dislike white people?

Man....you need to get a grip.

Times they are a changin...have been for the better part of 40 years.

Loving to be black doesn't mean I hate or dislike nonblacks, you have deepseated paranoid issues I'm not going to address, take care of your own biz.

Why 'love' an accident of birth? I'm of Irish extraction.... and the Irish have, historically, been treated appallingly by the English. Am I supposed to think that today's English hate today's Irish? That would be ridiculous and stupid. They don't.

You're black. Great. Be proud of it. I'm white - I feel no pride in being white. I am proud to be American, I'm proud of my Irish roots. But I am no better than you, and you are no better than me. We're all just Americans. And that is what unites us. I prefer to focus on what unites than what divides.... because there is no divide... at least, not to me.

No, we're *NOT* all Americans when we all get treated equally as Americans, just as Malcolm X once said:

“Sitting at the table doesn't make you a diner, unless you eat some of what's on that plate. Being here in America doesn't make you an American. Being born here in America doesn't make you an American.”

Last edited:

"We went from being a privileged group to all of a sudden becoming whites, the new victims,'' says Charles Gallagher, a sociologist at La Salle University in Pennsylvania who researches white racial attitudes and was baffled to find that whites see themselves as a minority.

"You have this perception out there that whites are no longer in control or the majority. Whites are the new minority group."

And

For many decades, white people saw themselves as individuals, not as members of a race, says Matt Wray, a sociologist at Temple University in Pennsylvania, who writes books about white studies.

"We are often offended if someone calls attention to our race as shaping how we view the world," says Wray, author of "Not Quite White." "We don't like to be pigeon-holed that way. Non-white Americans are seldom afforded this luxury of seeing themselves as individuals, disconnected from any race."

Still, Wray says anxiety among whites over their place in America is nothing new. Some 19th century whites worried about slave revolts. During segregation. some worried about blacks they labeled as "uppity Negroes."

"Whites have never really felt terribly secure in their majority status," he says. "It's often said that it is lonely at the top, but it's also an anxious place to be, because you live in constant fear of falling."

Now we know why so many whites are against affirmative action, not because they're unfair but because they fear a minority person will knock them from the top and when Obama became the first elected black President all hell broke lose and those fears came to the surface, now so many whites are playing the victim card for unjustifiable reasons after all these years of ridiculing minorities who legitimately had a reason to raise hell.

I work for the state and we hire and promote based on quota not capabilities and ability. We put a lot of uncapable people in positions that can not do the job as a result. Bottom line, it ends up costing the tax payer more. When it comes to services like fire and police, it can en up costing lives. It's a flawed plan.

by "uncapable" you mean minorities only right? You don't have to speak in code.

Who is pissed and paranoid about having a Black President?

I hardly think about the fact that he's black. And it doesn't effect at all of what i think on his policies.

Ironically...I know more people that voted for him BECUASE he was black than those that didnt based on his race.

And the truth is....I dont know a single person that didnt vote for him based on his race...although I am sure many exist.

Yeah, I like being black in a country that has historically despised black people despite our contributions to the formation of this country and its culture.

Key word: historically. The country has moved on. You really need to move on with us.

Sometimes, Charlie, I think you WANT whites to be racists... to justify hating people based on their skin color.

We elected that black guy. White people elected that black guy. Without whites, he wouldn't be POTUS. Fact.

The majority of whites who oppose Obama, oppose him on his policies not his skin color. I know that's inconvenient for you but it's true.... we would feel the same way no matter what his skin color. We dislike his policies. If you make it about race, shame on you for using racism for point scoring.

And

by "uncapable" you mean minorities only right? You don't have to speak in code.

Not necessarily...and I am sure he meant incapable...

If you have a quota system..and the majority of the applicants are black..and you need to hire no less than a third of any race...you may be forced to hire an incapable white person.

Sadly...you took that as meaning minorities.

Seems YOU have the race issue on your mind.

Bingo..

SO you dont get it.

you must first observe the actions/words of the person....as I have with you...and your words reek of racism.

Are saying black people are too stupid and incapable of discerning what is and what is not racist? With the history that we've had in this country you're in no position to make such a jackass statement. Your thing is that you don't like to hear black people call whites out on their racism so you have to make up the perception that people can't discern racism.

Bingo..

SO you dont get it.

Are saying black people are too stupid and incapable of discerning what is and what is not racist? With the history that we've had in this country you're in no position to make such a jackass statement. Your thing is that you don't like to hear black people call whites out on their racism so you have to make up the perception that people can't discern racism.

No. Im confident he is saying you are too stupid and incapable.

No, we're *NOT* all Americans when we all get treated equally as Americans, just as Malcolm X once said:

“Sitting at the table doesn't make you a diner, unless you eat some of what's on that plate. Being here in America doesn't make you an American. Being born here in America doesn't make you an American.”
Does rioting, looting, collecting welfare, writing crappy music about killing cops and disrespecting women, honoring a thug life, not taking responsibility for children you've fathered, having the highest crime rates in cities where you are the majority and all that make you an american? I mean really, what's your point here? Or are you just angry because you still have marks on your ankles from the shackles? :cuckoo:

Bingo..

SO you dont get it.

jeez...you are really sick Bass.
Never said that never implied it.
Read my post again without an attitude.....you may start to learn something.

We elected that black guy. White people elected that black guy. Without whites, he wouldn't be POTUS. Fact.

The majority of whites who oppose Obama, oppose him on his policies not his skin color. I know that's inconvenient for you but it's true.... we would feel the same way no matter what his skin color. We dislike his policies. If you make it about race, shame on you for using racism for point scoring.

Without that historically high black vote Obama would not have been elected and would not have gotten the Democratic nod. His election win had more to do with a sorry and weak Republican candidate than with whites wanting to elect a black president. Get damn real and get off your God damned pedestal, you were not one of those whites that voted for Obama so why even make the statement you just made? In fact, you attack those same whites who voted for him as evil liberals.

Bingo..

SO you dont get it.

You are correct. I dont like to hear black people call whites out on racism when they are assuming and not basing it on actions.

And yes...THAT was what I said in my earlier post.

You sir, are a racist...and you are a disgrace to the cause you claim to be so concerned about.

Bingo..

SO you dont get it.

jeez...you are really sick Bass.
Never said that never implied it.
Read my post again without an attitude.....you may start to learn something.

Try thinking before you post BS, you gave the impression that black people call everything racist without evaluating whether it is racist. Jackass.

What suit do we get to wear when we play the race card?

Hearts or Diamonds?

Wait, those are red.

Do we get a coupld of sharply dressed funny talking preachers to rep us when we get down trodded upon?

Bingo..

SO you dont get it.

You are correct. I dont like to hear black people call whites out on racism when they are assuming and not basing it on actions.

And yes...THAT was what I said in my earlier post.

You sir, are a racist...and you are a disgrace to the cause you claim to be so concerned about.

I don't give a God damn what you think of me, you're faceless internet person as far as I'm concerned that had his rear end handed to him so now he's resorting to calling me racist. Doesn't bother me a bit. As I stated, black people know what racism is and can quickly evaluate it because of experience, you're the type thats looks for ways to say something isn't racist.

Forum List

Back