Whites playing the political victim card

Bass v 2.0

Biblical Warrior For God.
Jun 16, 2008
Pennsylvania
Are whites racially oppressed? - CNN.com

"We went from being a privileged group to all of a sudden becoming whites, the new victims,'' says Charles Gallagher, a sociologist at La Salle University in Pennsylvania who researches white racial attitudes and was baffled to find that whites see themselves as a minority.

"You have this perception out there that whites are no longer in control or the majority. Whites are the new minority group."

And

For many decades, white people saw themselves as individuals, not as members of a race, says Matt Wray, a sociologist at Temple University in Pennsylvania, who writes books about white studies.

"We are often offended if someone calls attention to our race as shaping how we view the world," says Wray, author of "Not Quite White." "We don't like to be pigeon-holed that way. Non-white Americans are seldom afforded this luxury of seeing themselves as individuals, disconnected from any race."

Still, Wray says anxiety among whites over their place in America is nothing new. Some 19th century whites worried about slave revolts. During segregation. some worried about blacks they labeled as "uppity Negroes."

"Whites have never really felt terribly secure in their majority status," he says. "It's often said that it is lonely at the top, but it's also an anxious place to be, because you live in constant fear of falling."

Now we know why so many whites are against affirmative action, not because they're unfair but because they fear a minority person will knock them from the top and when Obama became the first elected black President all hell broke lose and those fears came to the surface, now so many whites are playing the victim card for unjustifiable reasons after all these years of ridiculing minorities who legitimately had a reason to raise hell.

Isn't it amazing what a bad economy does to people?

"We went from being a privileged group to all of a sudden becoming whites, the new victims,'' says Charles Gallagher, a sociologist at La Salle University in Pennsylvania who researches white racial attitudes and was baffled to find that whites see themselves as a minority.

"You have this perception out there that whites are no longer in control or the majority. Whites are the new minority group."

And

For many decades, white people saw themselves as individuals, not as members of a race, says Matt Wray, a sociologist at Temple University in Pennsylvania, who writes books about white studies.

"We are often offended if someone calls attention to our race as shaping how we view the world," says Wray, author of "Not Quite White." "We don't like to be pigeon-holed that way. Non-white Americans are seldom afforded this luxury of seeing themselves as individuals, disconnected from any race."

Still, Wray says anxiety among whites over their place in America is nothing new. Some 19th century whites worried about slave revolts. During segregation. some worried about blacks they labeled as "uppity Negroes."

"Whites have never really felt terribly secure in their majority status," he says. "It's often said that it is lonely at the top, but it's also an anxious place to be, because you live in constant fear of falling."

Now we know why so many whites are against affirmative action, not because they're unfair but because they fear a minority person will knock them from the top and when Obama became the first elected black President all hell broke lose and those fears came to the surface, now so many whites are playing the victim card for unjustifiable reasons after all these years of ridiculing minorities who legitimately had a reason to raise hell.

No, you don't 'know', you 'think you know'.... not the same thing at all. Just because some sociologist makes a comment about something doesn't make it fact, it's opinion. It should be taken as such - it should be considered - but making statements as fact (ie, what you KNOW) based on someone else's opinion is, frankly, not very intelligent.

And

That is your interpretation of the study?
No wonder you have such a chip on your shoulder.

Said it once and I will say it again....

Your sig says you love being black.

My guess is the black community doesnt feel the same about you.

Your thought process is a disgrace.

Now...go ahead...please....call me monkey as you seem to like to do....

And

On a different note, when you repeatedly have to dumb down Hiring Tests and Qualifications, to accommodate what you depict as a more balanced colorful staff or crew, you are cheating all of us and putting all of us at risk. You sacrifice quality, integrity, fairness, competence, and much more, to appear politically correct. That is a lose-lose scenario Bass.

That seems more like compounding a problem, rather than seeking resolution and address the issues that cause the discrepancies. Just a thought.

Holy shit! Before you know it our illegitimate birth rate is bound to be up there in the 70+% area with blacks, our number of high school school drop outs will soar, white on white crime will explode, many guys will adopt the chic fashion statement of walking around with their asses hanging out of their pants, etc., etc., etc. Hell, then if we can master ebonics we just might be able to finally get jobs we're not qualified for, but we'll be a hell of an enhancement to diversity.

And

No, you don't 'know', you 'think you know'.... not the same thing at all. Just because some sociologist makes a comment about something doesn't make it fact, it's opinion. It should be taken as such - it should be considered - but making statements as fact (ie, what you KNOW) based on someone else's opinion is, frankly, not very intelligent.

Well considering this:

• A recent Public Religion Research Institute poll found 44% of Americans surveyed identify discrimination against whites as being just as big as bigotry aimed at blacks and other minorities. The poll found 61% of those identifying with the Tea Party held that view, as did 56% of Republicans and 57% of white evangelicals.

I believe its true since Fauxnews and several rightwing leaning news outlets and blogs keep playing up on white fears, consider these things:

• Conservative talk-show host Rush Limbaugh argued in a radio show that Republicans are an "oppressed minority" in need of a "civil rights movement" because its members willingly sit in the "back of the bus" and "are afraid of the fire hoses and the dogs."

• Fox talk-show host Glenn Beck led a march on Washington (attended primarily by white people) to "restore honor," and once called President Obama a racist with a "deep-seated hatred for white people and white culture." He later said he regretted making that comment.

• Conservative news outlets ran a number of stories last summer highlighting an incident from the 2008 elections, in which activists from the New Black Panther Party appeared to be intimidating voters at a polling place. Those claims were never proven.

Facts aren't on your side, keep punching at the air.

This is dumb. Wide conjecture that you are drawing from a couple simple comments. I'm a minority, but I don't believe in affirmative action. I think it's NOT fair. I've gone back to school to get my BSN. For years I've had a hard time getting any kind of financial aid of any kind, except for the school constantly trying to throw me into the minority scholarship bin. I refuse to take it, because I don't think it's fair that that money should be made available to me simply because of my race. And I don't think it's fair that other avenues of financial aid have been cut off from me in the past because of my refusal to accept minority scholarships.

But then again, what do I know. I'm just an entitled white man afraid to fall from the top. Oh wait, I'm not!

And

On a different note, when you repeatedly have to dumb down Hiring Tests and Qualifications, to accommodate what you depict as a more balanced colorful staff or crew, you are cheating all of us and putting all of us at risk. You sacrifice quality, integrity, fairness, competence, and much more, to appear politically correct. That is a lose-lose scenario Bass.

That seems more like compounding a problem, rather than seeking resolution and address the issues that cause the discrepancies. Just a thought.

I'm a self made black man and a supervisor working for the federal government and I can affirm that no one has ever had to dumb down a God damn thing for me. When people discriminate and use those tests to keep back minorities we all do suffer and there is cheating, but cheating and suffering are nonexistent until white people are affected.

And

Yeah, I like being black in a country that has historically despised black people despite our contributions to the formation of this country and its culture.

And

Well considering this:

• A recent Public Religion Research Institute poll found 44% of Americans surveyed identify discrimination against whites as being just as big as bigotry aimed at blacks and other minorities. The poll found 61% of those identifying with the Tea Party held that view, as did 56% of Republicans and 57% of white evangelicals.

I believe its true since Fauxnews and several rightwing leaning news outlets and blogs keep playing up on white fears, consider these things:

• Conservative talk-show host Rush Limbaugh argued in a radio show that Republicans are an "oppressed minority" in need of a "civil rights movement" because its members willingly sit in the "back of the bus" and "are afraid of the fire hoses and the dogs."

• Fox talk-show host Glenn Beck led a march on Washington (attended primarily by white people) to "restore honor," and once called President Obama a racist with a "deep-seated hatred for white people and white culture." He later said he regretted making that comment.

• Conservative news outlets ran a number of stories last summer highlighting an incident from the 2008 elections, in which activists from the New Black Panther Party appeared to be intimidating voters at a polling place. Those claims were never proven.

Sorry, Charlie.... polls are not a basis on which to formulate an argument. Anyone capable of critical thinking knows that polls are skewed by too many variables - such as who is being polled, the wording of the questions, even the time of day influences outcome. So, no. That's a fail.

While I can understand your own obsession with racial issues, and where your views come from.... It's not fact, Charlie. I'm tired of being called a racist because I'm conservative. Really, truly, it's ridiculous.

And

Yeah, I like being black in a country that has historically despised black people despite our contributions to the formation of this country and its culture.

So you like being black and you like this country...but you dislike those that are not black in this country becuase of the few that despise black people.

So should I dislike all black people becuase you dislike white people?

Man....you need to get a grip.

Times they are a changin...have been for the better part of 40 years.

And

Key word: historically. The country has moved on. You really need to move on with us.

Sometimes, Charlie, I think you WANT whites to be racists... to justify hating people based on their skin color.

Last edited:

So you like being black and you like this country...but you dislike those that are not black in this country becuase of the few that despise black people.

Loving to be black doesn't mean I hate or dislike nonblacks, you have deepseated paranoid issues I'm not going to address, take care of your own biz.

Key word: historically. The country has moved on. You really need to move on with us.

Sometimes, Charlie, I think you WANT whites to be racists... to justify hating people based on their skin color.

No, the country has not moved on especially when paranoid whites are still pissed and paranoid over having a black prez, plus whites don't decide for minorities that racism has moved on.

Loving to be black doesn't mean I hate or dislike nonblacks, you have deepseated paranoid issues I'm not going to address, take care of your own biz.

I see your problem...

You assume way too much.

And sadly...your problem is one that can easily become the problem of those you interact with.

Must be tough living your life with such issues....I pity you. I really do.

Well considering this:

Sorry, Charlie.... polls are not a basis on which to formulate an argument. Anyone capable of critical thinking knows that polls are skewed by too many variables - such as who is being polled, the wording of the questions, even the time of day influences outcome. So, no. That's a fail.

While I can understand your own obsession with racial issues, and where your views come from.... It's not fact, Charlie. I'm tired of being called a racist because I'm conservative. Really, truly, it's ridiculous.

What the hell are you talking about CG? No one called you racist, but if you feel like you're being called one you might want to truly examine yourself.

Why 'love' an accident of birth? I'm of Irish extraction.... and the Irish have, historically, been treated appallingly by the English. Am I supposed to think that today's English hate today's Irish? That would be ridiculous and stupid. They don't.

You're black. Great. Be proud of it. I'm white - I feel no pride in being white. I am proud to be American, I'm proud of my Irish roots. But I am no better than you, and you are no better than me. We're all just Americans. And that is what unites us. I prefer to focus on what unites than what divides.... because there is no divide... at least, not to me.

No, the country has not moved on especially when paranoid whites are still pissed and paranoid over having a black prez, plus whites don't decide for minorities that racism has moved on.

And minorities dont decide that whites are racist.

And

.......and Bass, the Black Racist Ass is not only "not very intelligent", he is an even more stupid negro than the average one....in the African Paradise where the average IQ is.....below 70.

However, this POS does speak English ....having been probably born in America and received a Ghetto education where his bros, running amuck in the classrooms, made sure that he wound up as stupid as they are.

Forum List

Back