Whites Must Do Their Part to End Racism

This is not about prior generations, you have been shown an example of that. Whites today benefit from what happened in prior generations. This thread is not about reparations nor am I going to allow it to be derailed by having a conversation on reparations. This thread is about what whites can do to end racism in their communities.

This is not about prior generations, you have been shown an example of that. Whites today benefit from what happened in prior generations. This thread is not about reparations nor am I going to allow it to be derailed by having a conversation on reparations. This thread is about what whites can do to end racism in their communities.
When you say things like this and I quote you:
"I'm fine with your essay. But the issue of reparations goes beyond slavery and it is not about what YOU/YOUR FAMILY did or did not do. And the Irish participated in discrimination against blacks. All the examples you make are not equivalent to what blacks endured. The only other group with a similar claim are native Americans and congress provides them money every year and will do so until the end of days. This is a case against the government that made the laws that allowed the atrocities to happen and the system that continues to maintain it." . . . it is difficult to believe that you aren't suggesting black people are entitled to compensation.

The government forced the Native Americans to live on reservations and that is why they get government money every year. The government did them no favors with that system whatsoever. A one time reparation for those living who were affected by it back then could have been appropriate maybe and then eliminate the reservations, give each family an opportunity for a few acres or whatever, but they would then become mainstream Americans.

For at least some of the blame, you can take it up with the self-proclaimed social reformers that tore apart black communities, bussed kids into different schools, forced them into the projects, discouraged marriage or the father staying home with their welfare programs, and rewarded single parents which, coupled with substance abuse, is the number one cause of child poverty in America today.

As long as these self-proclaimed social reformers look to cries of RACISM and presumed white guilt and black victimhood that forces separation of people based on the color of their skin, and the whole PC schtick to keep themselves employed and the money flowing in, everybody is FORCED to consider color of skin first. A common sense goal would be to put all that back into Pandora's box and instead focus on a world in which skin color becomes of no more importance than hair color or eye color.

Going down this road and even though you were raised without money does not mean you should be raised poorly in learning how to save and not waste…

I work daily for my cash earning and spend 25% of it and let the rest sit in the bank but I wasn’t raised by poorly educated people, so money is saved and not wasted.
In each generation a few poor and admittedly disadvantaged poor people - even blacks - manage to make better personal decisions and escape the cycle of poverty

But liberal policies encourage most poor people to stay where they are

In each generation a few poor and admittedly disadvantaged poor people - even blacks - manage to make better personal decisions and escape the cycle of poverty

But liberal policies encourage most poor people to stay where they are
I agree and their policies teach that the check is more important.

I guess I should admit that I believe Blacks do not deserve anything in today time and they should sink or swim and stop demanding a check.

Is that racist?

If it is, well I am fine with it…

I guess I should admit that I believe Blacks do not deserve anything in today time and they should sink or swim and stop demanding a check.

Is that racist?

If you say only poor black people do not deserve a welfare check that sounds racist

Blacks and their guilt-ridden liberal white patrons will rightfully point out that more whites than blacks get welfare

But if you lead off by saying all able-bodied adults should be kicked off government welfare the same woke crowd will call you a racist anyway

Go figure

If you say only poor black people do not deserve a welfare check that sounds racist

Blacks and their guilt-ridden liberal white patrons will rightfully point out that more whites than blacks get welfare

But if you lead off by saying all able-bodied adults should be kicked off government welfare the same woke crowd will call you a racist anyway

Go figure
True…

I say if you are able to work no matter skin color, well get off the government dime…

Why is it we must apologize for something that none of us caused?

I mean that would be like me demanding the Op to apologize for what FDR did that benefited Blacks in Compton or apologizing for racial attacks by Blacks into Asian Americans in today time…

Why should we pay for the sins of the past when we didn’t contribute to slavery or Jim Crow laws or even bad banking practices?

We must end racism within our community and yet that can never be done, so what does the OP truly want besides a check?

How much of this is "cultural choice"? Any one of those families could relocate into the burbs or a different city. Maybe even find better schools, cheaper cost of living. There is a tendency to WANT to live in predominantly segregated communities. THAT - should be by choice.

And of course, the NEW racist mantra of CRT ENCOURAGES re-segregation because the "oppressed" dont live with or under the "oppressors". Only way to AVOID the somewhat imaginary "systemic racism" TODAY -- is to remain the "ghetto" and control your own govt and economics. Any PROBLEMS from doing that for multiple generations now IS NOT "white people's fault"...
That's DE FACTO segregation as opposed to DE JURE segregation. De facto segregation is a personal choice. People tend to be mist comfortable living around others who look like and think long me them. To change that, you have to change human nature.

When you say things like this and I quote you:
"I'm fine with your essay. But the issue of reparations goes beyond slavery and it is not about what YOU/YOUR FAMILY did or did not do. And the Irish participated in discrimination against blacks. All the examples you make are not equivalent to what blacks endured. The only other group with a similar claim are native Americans and congress provides them money every year and will do so until the end of days. This is a case against the government that made the laws that allowed the atrocities to happen and the system that continues to maintain it." . . . it is difficult to believe that you aren't suggesting black people are entitled to compensation.

The government forced the Native Americans to live on reservations and that is why they get government money every year. The government did them no favors with that system whatsoever. A one time reparation for those living who were affected by it back then could have been appropriate maybe and then eliminate the reservations, give each family an opportunity for a few acres or whatever, but they would then become mainstream Americans.

For at least some of the blame, you can take it up with the self-proclaimed social reformers that tore apart black communities, bussed kids into different schools, forced them into the projects, discouraged marriage or the father staying home with their welfare programs, and rewarded single parents which, coupled with substance abuse, is the number one cause of child poverty in America today.

As long as these self-proclaimed social reformers look to cries of RACISM and presumed white guilt and black victimhood that forces separation of people based on the color of their skin, and the whole PC schtick to keep themselves employed and the money flowing in, everybody is FORCED to consider color of skin first. A common sense goal would be to put all that back into Pandora's box and instead focus on a world in which skin color becomes of no more importance than hair color or eye color.
Again, I'm done talking about reparations. Start a thread if you want to discuss it. I already know what your argument is because if you start that thread it will probably be the thousanth thread started by a white person whining about why blacks should not get reparations while everyone else the government damaged did. Your post is full of b.s, all of it based on emotions and feelings instead of fact.

For racism to end whites like you need to go back and study government and public policies at every level.

I think that if some of it is cultural choice, there is nothing wrong with wanting to live in a segregated community, white folks mostly do it all the time (I've heard many here say they don't want to be anywhere near black folks). I think the problem becomes that once a place becomes predominantly black, that services may stop, investments in the community may stop, opportunities may disappear, education slips, often because of the belief that investing in black people will do them no good and is a waste of good money.

And I don't know how many folks have the resources to pick up and move, and if they were born and raised somewhere that they consider home, they may not want to move. And, unfortunately, blacks are not always accepted when they move up and out.
Most of the places black people live are run by black mayors and largely black city councils. The decisions on spending money come from them. Black people can vote for change, or require their elected "leaders" to improve things. One big problem is that poor people of all races are rarely involved with politics, they just don't bother, leaving decisions up to " them" whoever "them" are. If people want change, they have to make change happen and they have to work for it every day. No one can fix things for the black communities, it has to be done from the grassroots.

Again, I'm done talking about reparations. Start a thread if you want to discuss it. I already know what your argument is because if you start that thread it will probly be the thousanth thread started by a white person whining about why blacks should not get reparations while everyone else the government damaged did. Your post is full of b.s all of it based on emotions and feelings instead of fact.

For racism to end whites like you need to go back and study government and public policies at every level.
Again, racism will never end, so what will you do and it was you that introduced the topic on reparations, so own your mistake…

Most of the places black people live are run by black mayors and largely black city councils. The decisions on spending money come from them. Black people can vote for change, or require their elected "leaders" to improve things. One big problem is that poor people of all races are rarely involved with politics, they just don't bother, leaving decisions up to " them" whoever "them" are. If people want change, they have to make change happen and they have to work for it every day. No one can fix things for the black communities, it has to be done from the grassroots.

This thread is about whites doing their part to end racism. There are millions of blacks who don't live in that situation, black mayors are a relatively new thing and white communities exist in those cities.

I was sitting and thinking about something and maybe move everyone from California and give it to the Blacks and tell them there is your land and let them leave the nation…

I mean that might be the only solution because we can never find peace with each other, so why pretend we should?
If you are giving them states, they should be the ones IM2 claims blacks built. Alabama, Georgia, the Carolinas and Virginia. There was never slavery or Jim Crow in California.

Until whites like many here understand that they have a responsibility to end racism, the fight will continue.
IOW, you're fighting to control what whites do with their time. I think there's a word for that.... slavery?

Most of the places black people live are run by black mayors and largely black city councils. The decisions on spending money come from them. Black people can vote for change, or require their elected "leaders" to improve things.
I hadn't realised it was Black people reducing voting places, hours and conditions in places where a lot of Blacks live. I guess Black people don't really want Black people to vote, eh?

Is that racist?

But if you lead off by demanding all able-bodied adults be removed from from the dole the same libs will still call you a racist

Go figure

50,000 a year. How few of those folk. Let them have it. After all, Most of our founders lost their families, fortunes, health, homes, children during the War for Independence and Congress did not lift a finger to help any of them. 50,000 is a drop in the bucket to what Biden is giving away to our enemies today.
A TOTAL of fifty grand. That's five grand per person per year. Not a significant sum.

I will part company with you — on part of your assertion — there. Slavery ended. Check. But I don’t for a moment believe that blacks were doing great. There was an awful lot of racism as a consequence. For example, the Democrat Party’s KKK. There was Jim Crow. There were years and years of trying to play catch-up from the unfairly imposed handicap of prior racism and all of its attendant evils.

I will agree that progress was made. It was slow, but was painful. I recognize that the sin of racism is a blot on the American record. But, you didn’t cause it. I didn’t cause it. I don’t practice racism today. I am intolerant of racists. But I recognize that any person of any race can be a racist.

And I defy anyone to support the notion that one defeats racist thought in others by one’s own racist behavior and words. Accordingly, racist folks like little im.2 and superbadbreath can kiss my ass in mid fart. I don’t take lectures from racists.
Only in democrat controlled areas did blacks have it bad. It would depend on the geographic location.

Forum List

Back