White Guy winning NBA MVPs causes Claims of racism from the black majority

Mr. Friscus

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2020
On “First Take” Wednesday, the controversial NBA analyst suggested MVP voters foster bias toward black players by pointing out that only Dirk Nowitzki, Steve Nash and Jokic have won the award since 1990 without finishing in the top 10 in scoring.

“What do those guys have in common? I’ll let it sit there and marinate. You think about it,” Perkins said. “When it comes down to moving the goalposts for certain individuals to win it, again, is it Oochie Wally? Or is it One Mic? What song are we actually dancing to right now, why is this subject not brought up?”

I’m surprised it took this long. Perkins had this choice:
A. Jokic is an all around elite player averaging a triple double on an elite team, so he’s deserving by of the MVP by any defined or historically held standard.
B. RACISM!

He chose B. From what I’ve observed, The black sports community gets annoyed/ticked when a white player wins MVP. I remember well when there was an uproar from them when Steve Nash won 2 in the mid 2000’s over Kobe and Shaq.

In the last 40 years, without looking, I’d say the MVP has gone to a black player well over 60% of the time.. maybe 75-80%? What about that Perk? Are black players entitled to the MVP?

some non-slick white guy comes over from Europe and completely tears up the league, and instead of “Wow, he’s amazing, and maybe we need to rethink and play different”.. it’s “NBA RACISM!!!!”

This line of logic is precisely why identity politics is bad for society. Don’t get competitive and better yourself, stay where you are and cry victimhood

I still can't believe anyone really takes anything said on a sports talk show as something to take seriously. I learned very early on that those participating in these shows are paid to get attention. What they say doesn't matter, it's how many ears and eyes they can draw.

The local radio host will propose the team trade their best player, because that is what gets the calls into the studio.

Black kids hang on every word spoken by their "idols". I quit everything but Sports talk (Sirius) during 2 hours work commute. Racist talk is on all the time from Black hosts.

NFL pays health insurance 5 yrs after players retire. That racist, not enough.

Lamar Jackson not given $50mil guaranteed over ten yrs? Thats racist. Its all day on the 5 Sports talk. 3 of 5 ars 100% gone racist Black. Few shows are somewhat more honest.

The Blacks speak ghetto. Axe instead of ask etc . It still beats hearing FOX or MSLSD lie 24-7.

Or music at times.

If you are not familiar, watch Jokic on YouTube. He is a singular talent...makes everyone around him better. Most Valuable Player means that he has the greatest impact on his team's overall performance. Right now, he is it. If you look at the other top scorers, when they sit out a game, their teams still do about the same; with Jokic, they wouldn't.

These European white guys also bring a lesson for the U.S. on how to develop top talent. In Europe, the best players play against players of the same quality, regardless of age. Doncic was playing against adult professionals when he was 13! In the U.S., most competition is based on either grade in school or age; it slows the development of the best players. The best 13-year-old white kid in the U.S. is playing against junior-high players, while the best 13's in Germany are playing against adults.

This is also one reason why Blacks are so much better than American white kids. On the playgrounds where they do most of their playing, age is not considered. You play against people who are your peers in talent, so young kids get to play against college players rather than their age-peers.

Right now, Jokic is the most valuable player in the NBA. Sorry.

My life had been Sports, playing or TV as much as I could.
I quit NBA 23 yrs ago when refs cheated Lakers along in playoffs. Yes they got caught. I knew it for yrs.

I used to live for March madness. Refs pushing big market teams (and racist Blacks) thru early round "losses" almost drove me off 100%. The TV coverage is now so good with 4-5 channels showing staggared games 9A_9P....i still get caught up some days and watch all day long on a weekend.

I quit golf, nascar. Almost ready to drop MLB (my favorite). Usually on mute now.

NFL redzone is on my TV or i would quit NFL. Racist announcers, commercials. LW hogwash on network BS 24-7 brainwashing youth. NFL playoffs is exciting at times, more so f you bet.

Everything is Fd up by commee GOVT DEMS. Rigged voting here, Brazil etc. has really setback "the peop". I HATE 24-7.

Only Wilt Chamberlain, Larry Bird and Bill Russell have won three consecutive NBA MVP's, and they all have rings. Joker doesn't really belong in that group but will be in it if he wins.

Interesting ALA has the gun delivery guy playing. As i heard, 130A delivers gun to bar. Ends up with bullet holes in his car? Someone killed. Play on. No harm no foul.

Black DL GA street racing 230Am. Leaves scene. Lies to cops. Two dead. So far, minor charges. Probably got away DUI. Would a white or Black non startrer get the same?

On “First Take” Wednesday, the controversial NBA analyst suggested MVP voters foster bias toward black players by pointing out that only Dirk Nowitzki, Steve Nash and Jokic have won the award since 1990 without finishing in the top 10 in scoring.

“What do those guys have in common? I’ll let it sit there and marinate. You think about it,” Perkins said. “When it comes down to moving the goalposts for certain individuals to win it, again, is it Oochie Wally? Or is it One Mic? What song are we actually dancing to right now, why is this subject not brought up?”

I’m surprised it took this long. Perkins had this choice:
A. Jokic is an all around elite player averaging a triple double on an elite team, so he’s deserving by of the MVP by any defined or historically held standard.
B. RACISM!

He chose B. From what I’ve observed, The black sports community gets annoyed/ticked when a white player wins MVP. I remember well when there was an uproar from them when Steve Nash won 2 in the mid 2000’s over Kobe and Shaq.

In the last 40 years, without looking, I’d say the MVP has gone to a black player well over 60% of the time.. maybe 75-80%? What about that Perk? Are black players entitled to the MVP?

some non-slick white guy comes over from Europe and completely tears up the league, and instead of “Wow, he’s amazing, and maybe we need to rethink and play different”.. it’s “NBA RACISM!!!!”

This line of logic is precisely why identity politics is bad for society. Don’t get competitive and better yourself, stay where you are and cry victimhood

Well then, that was a lot of sound and fury which fails to address the issue or the question. This is the typical knee jerk response of right wing Americans whenever the issue of racism is raised. Deny, deny, deny.

73% of NBA players are black. So saying that white guys win 40% of the MVP's when they are only 27% of the players says to me that they may have a point. Especially when there's a G0AT like LeBron James playing at the highest levels.

I'm a white girl Canadian who leaps for joy whenever a Canadian wins any big individual honor, but even I said "Steve Nash???? Really???".

Jokic is unbelievable. He might very well be the best player in the NBA

Jokic shouldnt win a third MVP award for this reason if no other. Lebron, Michael and Kobe never won 3 in a row. Lebron won 2, then skipped a year and then won 2 more. In the year between Derrick Rose won it. That year Lebron was 2nd in scoring, Rose wasnt in the top 10. Rose was 10th in assists James was 12. They didnt give it to Lebron because no one gets to win 3 in a row. Not because he wasnt the most valuable player.

As far as Jokic is concerned, he's a very good and talented player but he's just not the MVP. Not this year. It should probably be Emiid or Gianis. They are both averaging almost 10 more points a game than the Joker. Last year Jokic was top 10 in scoring rebounds and assists. This year his scoring has dropped considerably, He's barely staying in the top 20.

Well then, that was a lot of sound and fury which fails to address the issue or the question. This is the typical knee jerk response of right wing Americans whenever the issue of racism is raised. Deny, deny, deny.

73% of NBA players are black. So saying that white guys win 40% of the MVP's when they are only 27% of the players says to me that they may have a point. Especially when there's a G0AT like LeBron James playing at the highest levels.

66 MVP awards.

10 have been won by white dudes.

That's 15%

RACISM.

Should they only give it to white dudes for the next couple years so we make sure to even out the percentage?

LeBron James is probably the 8-9th best player in the league currently. He's not even in the conversation for the MVP.

If you are not familiar, watch Jokic on YouTube. He is a singular talent...makes everyone around him better. Most Valuable Player means that he has the greatest impact on his team's overall performance. Right now, he is it. If you look at the other top scorers, when they sit out a game, their teams still do about the same; with Jokic, they wouldn't.

These European white guys also bring a lesson for the U.S. on how to develop top talent. In Europe, the best players play against players of the same quality, regardless of age. Doncic was playing against adult professionals when he was 13! In the U.S., most competition is based on either grade in school or age; it slows the development of the best players. The best 13-year-old white kid in the U.S. is playing against junior-high players, while the best 13's in Germany are playing against adults.

This is also one reason why Blacks are so much better than American white kids. On the playgrounds where they do most of their playing, age is not considered. You play against people who are your peers in talent, so young kids get to play against college players rather than their age-peers.

Right now, Jokic is the most valuable player in the NBA. Sorry.

If Luka doesnt play for the Mavs they dont win (prior to Kyrie getting there). If Gianis doesnt play the Bucks dont win. If Embiid doesnt play in Philly they dont win. Jokic isnt unique in that regard.

Hell even the Lakers are trash if Lebron's not playing and he's not even close to being the MVP.

Jokic shouldnt win a third MVP award for this reason if no other. Lebron, Michael and Kobe never won 3 in a row. Lebron won 2, then skipped a year and then won 2 more. In the year between Derrick Rose won it. That year Lebron was 2nd in scoring, Rose wasnt in the top 10. Rose was 10th in assists James was 12. They didnt give it to Lebron because no one gets to win 3 in a row. Not because he wasnt the most valuable player.

As far as Jokic is concerned, he's a very good and talented player but he's just not the MVP. Not this year. It should probably be Emiid or Gianis. They are both averaging almost 10 more points a game than the Joker. Last year Jokic was top 10 in scoring rebounds and assists. This year his scoring has dropped considerably, He's barely staying in the top 20.
Jokic is averaging a triple double from the center position, and is most efficient high volume scorer in the NBA, coupled with the nuggets having the best record in the west.

He’s the MVP. Larry Bird one it three times in a row now joker will do it too

Last edited:

Forum List

Back