White Guy winning NBA MVPs causes Claims of racism from the black majority

73% of NBA players are black. So saying that white guys win 40% of the MVP's when they are only 27% of the players says to me that they may have a point.
I can play that woke/BLM/CRT game too!

If 73% of NBA players are black, but blacks only make up 12.5% of the population.. isn’t the NBA massively racist????

Answer that
Especially when there's a G0AT like LeBron James playing at the highest levels.
You are clearly not versed in sports knowledge, context, or norms, so I wouldn’t venture into something you clearly know little about.

I'm a white girl Canadian who leaps for joy whenever a Canadian wins any big individual honor, but even I said "Steve Nash???? Really???".
Again, you don’t know anything about what we’re talking about. You probably didn’t watch him play once the years he won MVPs.

So, why are you trying to offer opinions? Just admit you don’t know.

Jokic is averaging a triple double from the center position, and is most efficient high volume scorer in the NBA, coupled with the nuggets having the best record in the west.

He’s the MVP. Larry Bird one it three times in a row now joker will do it too
He’s 19th in scoring.

He’s 19th in scoring.
Because scoring is the only measure in being a great player… sometimes high scorers are cancer to teams (Kyrie, Iverson, Carmelo, Harden)

He’s averaging a triple double,25-12-10… and is routinely putting up crazy stat lines.. all on a first place team (45-19, 1st in West) 1+1+1= a legitimate, expected MVP

Russell Westbrook averaged a triple double a few years ago on an average team and got MVP. 31-11-10, team finished 6th in west at 47-35.

Last edited:
He’s 19th in scoring.
And?

Kendrick Perkins accused him of stat padding. Jokic doesn’t do that. All he does is constantly make winning plays. If he wanted to he could score 35 points a game, but he doesn’t focus on scoring , he focuses on making the right reads. Magic Johnson was never an unbelievable scorer and he’s won MVP’s.

Because scoring is the only measure in being a great player… sometimes high scorers are cancer to teams (Kyrie, Iverson, Carmelo, Harden)

I never said those player should be the MVP. Gianis or EmbiI’d should get it this year. And scoring is how you win the game. You dont need to be the top scorer in the game but you should probably be in the top 15 if you’re the “MVP”. Jokic isn’t.
He’s averaging a triple double,25-12-10… and is routinely putting up crazy stat lines.. all on a first place team (45-19, 1st in West) 1+1+1= a legitimate, expected MVP

Russell Westbrook averaged a triple double a few years ago on an average team and got MVP. 31-11-10, team finished 6th in west at 47-35.

And?

Kendrick Perkins accused him of stat padding. Jokic doesn’t do that. All he does is constantly make winning plays. If he wanted to he could score 35 points a game, but he doesn’t focus on scoring , he focuses on making the right reads. Magic Johnson was never an unbelievable scorer and he’s won MVP’s.
I’ve noticed Black Bball culture often has certain ppg and stylistic demands, not to mention massive entitlement issues when it comes to the MVP award

Remind me, that number they put up on the scoreboard that decides the game is it the total number of assists or points?
Dude, really???

Assists = points. You can’t have assists without the team scoring. Jokic averages 10 assists per game.. thus he facilitates at least 20 points that way, combined with his 25 he scores himself

My life had been Sports, playing or TV as much as I could.
I quit NBA 23 yrs ago when refs cheated Lakers along in playoffs. Yes they got caught. I knew it for yrs.

I used to live for March madness. Refs pushing big market teams (and racist Blacks) thru early round "losses" almost drove me off 100%. The TV coverage is now so good with 4-5 channels showing staggared games 9A_9P....i still get caught up some days and watch all day long on a weekend.

I quit golf, nascar. Almost ready to drop MLB (my favorite). Usually on mute now.

NFL redzone is on my TV or i would quit NFL. Racist announcers, commercials. LW hogwash on network BS 24-7 brainwashing youth. NFL playoffs is exciting at times, more so f you bet.

Everything is Fd up by commee GOVT DEMS. Rigged voting here, Brazil etc. has really setback "the peop". I HATE 24-7.

The only sport I watch anymore is air racing, and the Isle of Man TT.

The rest is purely drivel.

Dude, really???

Assists = points. You can’t have assists without the team scoring. Jokic averages 10 assists per game.. thus he facilitates at least 20 points that way, combined with his 25 he scores himself
So if team A has 30 asssits and 80 points and team B has zero assists and 81 points who wins?

On “First Take” Wednesday, the controversial NBA analyst suggested MVP voters foster bias toward black players by pointing out that only Dirk Nowitzki, Steve Nash and Jokic have won the award since 1990 without finishing in the top 10 in scoring.

“What do those guys have in common? I’ll let it sit there and marinate. You think about it,” Perkins said. “When it comes down to moving the goalposts for certain individuals to win it, again, is it Oochie Wally? Or is it One Mic? What song are we actually dancing to right now, why is this subject not brought up?”

I’m surprised it took this long. Perkins had this choice:
A. Jokic is an all around elite player averaging a triple double on an elite team, so he’s deserving by of the MVP by any defined or historically held standard.
B. RACISM!

He chose B. From what I’ve observed, The black sports community gets annoyed/ticked when a white player wins MVP. I remember well when there was an uproar from them when Steve Nash won 2 in the mid 2000’s over Kobe and Shaq.

In the last 40 years, without looking, I’d say the MVP has gone to a black player well over 60% of the time.. maybe 75-80%? What about that Perk? Are black players entitled to the MVP?

some non-slick white guy comes over from Europe and completely tears up the league, and instead of “Wow, he’s amazing, and maybe we need to rethink and play different”.. it’s “NBA RACISM!!!!”

This line of logic is precisely why identity politics is bad for society. Don’t get competitive and better yourself, stay where you are and cry victimhood
Of the 5 people in the running for MVP, Joker, Luca, Embid, Giannis and Tatum, Joker deserves to be in the conversation. I personally feel Embid is the best.

So if team A has 30 asssits and 80 points and team B has zero assists and 81 points who wins?
Team B, but by different methods. Let’s do an analogy with players as far as MVP:
Player A scores 25 pts and dishes 15 assists in a win.
Player B scores 40 points and 4 assists in a win.

Player A directly accounted towards at least 55 pts for his team, while player B accounted for 48.

Which would you say is more valuable?

Team B, but by different methods. Let’s do an analogy with players as far as MVP:
Player A scores 25 pts and dishes 15 assists in a win.
Player B scores 40 points and 4 assists in a win.

Player A directly accounted towards at least 55 pts for his team, while player B accounted for 48.

Which would you say is more valuable?
B. Just because I passed the ball to another player before he shoots it doesn't mean I had much to do with that bucket.

Assists are important. Rebounds are important. But they are important like time of possession and total yards in football. They are good indicators of wins but they do not translate directly to wins. If Jokic werent so far down the scoring list it wouldnt be as much of an issue, but he is. He's averaging 10 points less a game than Embiid and Gianis.

So do you think Trae Young should be MVP? Hes averaging more points and assists that Jokic.... Luka is leading the league in scoring and is averaging 8 assists per game to Jokic's 10.

I can play that woke/BLM/CRT game too!

If 73% of NBA players are black, but blacks only make up 12.5% of the population.. isn’t the NBA massively racist????

Answer that

You are clearly not versed in sports knowledge, context, or norms, so I wouldn’t venture into something you clearly know little about.

Again, you don’t know anything about what we’re talking about. You probably didn’t watch him play once the years he won MVPs.

So, why are you trying to offer opinions? Just admit you don’t know.

100% of the owners are white. 80% of the General Managers are white. And 66% of the coaches. They're the guys doing the hiring. You should ask them why they're hiring so many black players.

I am not only well versed in sports, it's just about all I am well versed in. My law firm was behind the campaign which lead to Toronto getting an NBA team. The 0ttawa Senators were clients of one of the lawyers I worked for, and my BFF handles the Tennis Canada website. She had seasons tickets to the Raptors when I lived in Toronto. I had seasons tickets to the Blue Jays.

I currently subscribe to full coverage of two sports networks. This weekend I'm watching Jr. World Figure Skating Championships on YouTube, Blue Jays playing the Pirates in Grapefruit league, and the Canadian Briar [curling]. Next year, I'm going to the World Figure Skating Championships in Montreal.

I was a competitive swimmer as a kid. My youngest was a competitive figure skate. I hang out with a group of sports fans and we attend a lot of live events, including tennis, horse racing, figure skating, baseball, basketball and hockey. When we're not attending events, we get together for "Not Going To . . . " parties where we eat, drink, and watch sports on TV. Your assumptions about me are laughable.

100% of the owners are white. 80% of the General Managers are white. And 66% of the coaches. They're the guys doing the hiring. You should ask them why they're hiring so many black players.

LOL anything you can come up with to make this about anything other than a meritocracy. The reason 70+% of the players in the NBA are black is that 70+% of the best players on the planet happen to be black. That's it. Period. Full stop. No one gives a shit what color your skin is as long as you can ball.

I am not only well versed in sports, it's just about all I am well versed in. My law firm was behind the campaign which lead to Toronto getting an NBA team. The 0ttawa Senators were clients of one of the lawyers I worked for, and my BFF handles the Tennis Canada website. She had seasons tickets to the Raptors when I lived in Toronto. I had seasons tickets to the Blue Jays.

If this is you well versed in something I'd hate to see read something you're ignorant of.

I currently subscribe to full coverage of two sports networks. This weekend I'm watching Jr. World Figure Skating Championships on YouTube, Blue Jays playing the Pirates in Grapefruit league, and the Canadian Briar [curling]. Next year, I'm going to the World Figure Skating Championships in Montreal.

I was a competitive swimmer as a kid. My youngest was a competitive figure skate. I hang out with a group of sports fans and we attend a lot of live events, including tennis, horse racing, figure skating, baseball, basketball and hockey. When we're not attending events, we get together for "Not Going To . . . " parties where we eat, drink, and watch sports on TV. Your assumptions about me are laughable.

So you arent "well versed" in sports generally. You may know much about swimming or figure skating but it's apparent you know fuck all about basketball.

Jokic is averaging a triple double from the center position, and is most efficient high volume scorer in the NBA, coupled with the nuggets having the best record in the west.

He’s the MVP. Larry Bird one it three times in a row now joker will do it too

Funny, but I'd never heard of the guy before he won MVP. In fairness, he plays in Denver, so I wouldn't hear about him much. But I had heard about John Elway - a L0T, and Larry Walker.

LOL anything you can come up with to make this about anything other than a meritocracy. The reason 70+% of the players in the NBA are black is that 70+% of the best players on the planet happen to be black. That's it. Period. Full stop. No one gives a shit what color your skin is as long as you can ball.

You seem to have missed the post I responded to which said that it was fair that a white guy most people have never heard has won the MVP award.

That post pointed out that black players win 60% of the time so no racism is involved at at.

B. Just because I passed the ball to another player before he shoots it doesn't mean I had much to do with that bucket.
There are empty assists just as there are empty points in garbage time in a non-competitive game. However, assists more than likely take accuracy to lead the player towards the basket, or at the very least make sure the pass is right at the hands so the guy receiving can catch and shoot in rhythm.

Also, the guy that scores 44 points and only 4 assists more than likely fits the profile of someone who jacks up lots of shots and doesn't let other players touch the ball as much, which hurts them when called on. Theres a reason why Iverson, Carmelo, etc. never won a championship. They were black holes for the basketball who caused their players to get cold by not touching the ball for multiple minutes.
So do you think Trae Young should be MVP? Hes averaging more points and assists that Jokic....
Let's look at Resumes:
Trae Young: 26.6 ppg, 10 assists per game, 3 rebounds, 1 steal
Jokic: 24.4 ppg, 10 assists per game, 12 rebounds, 1 steal

Now let's look at their teams:
Atlanta Hawks 32-33
Denver Nuggets 46-19

99.999% of people will clearly see Jokic is more qualified to be MVP than Trae Young. Maybe Trae Young's momma, but that's it. Are you suggesting Trae Young should be MVP or Jokic?

Luka is leading the league in scoring and is averaging 8 assists per game to Jokic's 10.
Let's look at their Resumes:
Luka: 33.4 ppg, 9 boards, 8 asst, 1.5 steals
Jokic: 24.4 ppg, 12 boards, 10 assists, 1 steal

Let's look at their teams:
Dallas Mavericks: 33-32
Denver Nuggest: 46-19

Again, Jokic clearly takes it by any historical application of what aids a player in winning MVP. Are you suggesting that Luka should be MVP over Jokic?

Forum List

Back