White Guy winning NBA MVPs causes Claims of racism from the black majority

100% of the owners are white. 80% of the General Managers are white. And 66% of the coaches. They're the guys doing the hiring. You should ask them why they're hiring so many black players.

I am not only well versed in sports, it's just about all I am well versed in. My law firm was behind the campaign which lead to Toronto getting an NBA team. The 0ttawa Senators were clients of one of the lawyers I worked for, and my BFF handles the Tennis Canada website. She had seasons tickets to the Raptors when I lived in Toronto. I had seasons tickets to the Blue Jays.

I currently subscribe to full coverage of two sports networks. This weekend I'm watching Jr. World Figure Skating Championships on YouTube, Blue Jays playing the Pirates in Grapefruit league, and the Canadian Briar [curling]. Next year, I'm going to the World Figure Skating Championships in Montreal.

I was a competitive swimmer as a kid. My youngest was a competitive figure skate. I hang out with a group of sports fans and we attend a lot of live events, including tennis, horse racing, figure skating, baseball, basketball and hockey. When we're not attending events, we get together for "Not Going To . . . " parties where we eat, drink, and watch sports on TV. Your assumptions about me are laughable.
Couchpotato beat me to the punch.. but I'll say this:
1. It's wonderful you had sports connections
2. It's wonderful that you follow baseball and figure skating.
3. It's wonderful you were a competitive swimmer (I always sink like a brick)
4. It's wonderful that you enjoy tennis, horse racing, and other sports.

All of that is meaningless in this discussion that you have interjected into and attempted to represent you have knowledge in.

Here's some questions:
1. Do you know how the MVP is historically awarded? What do voters value?
2. Did you know the specifics/context of the Phoenix Suns/Steve Nash in 2004-2005 and 2005-06 when he won? Did you watch a single game? Did you know who he beat, and what they offered?

I'm guessing you probably don't know much of that. If you do, speak up, I'm well versed and will know the arguments for both sides. However, you came boldly swinging as if you knew exactly what you were talking about. I'm calling your bluff that you don't, but had to recite the woke/CRT bumper sticker, and to just be contrarian to a Conservative who enjoys watching sports. I'm touched.

In all sports, the people who decide such things should create parallel awards: Most Valuable Player, and Player of the Year. It's possible that both would be the same guy, but more often, they would be two different players. This year, Embiid was probably Player of the Year, but the playoffs proved Jokic was the MVP - no question.

Forum List

Back