Which Party Is Out Of Touch?

You can't successfully label large groups of people ~

We do it all the time. In government and in the Insurance Industry.

And in most other industries as well.

You're little quip sounds good, but it's just simply not accurate.

Had you said, "We would prefer not to label large groups of people" .........

But you didn't :dunno:

Why? So we have a brand new batch of politicians that need to be bought off every few years?

nope, I would also ban all forms of lobbying (legalized bribery), and cut congressional salaries and staffs by 50% and eliminate the congressional retirement program.

It should be a sacrifice to be in congress, and then you return to your real job.

Dewd..... There HAVE to be lobbyists. Have to be.

Is there nothing in your field of endeavor that couldn't benefit from a government action or inaction?

Of course there is. And I'll tell you what else..... No matter what you do, there is a lobbying group on K Street that is representing your interests.

There HAVE to be lobbyists, otherwise the really, really, really rich, and the really, really, really powerful would be the only ones being heard.

With a lobbyist, everybody gets a chance.

BTW, a lobbyist might represent 20 or more groups of people in one or more industries.

They're not (all) the evil you make them out to be. They are an absolute necessity to a Free People.

I usually agree with you, but you are wrong on this. Lobbyists are controlled and funded by big money, not small individuals and farmers. Lobbyists do not represent the interests of average people, the represent the big corporations and special interests--not you and me. Its legalized bribery, plain and simple.

Elements of both parties, particularly the left and the TPM and the libertarian wings, are way out of touch.

Is there nothing in your field of endeavor that couldn't benefit from a government action or inaction?

Of course there is. And I'll tell you what else..... No matter what you do, there is a lobbying group on K Street that is representing your interests.

There HAVE to be lobbyists, otherwise the really, really, really rich, and the really, really, really powerful would be the only ones being heard.

BTW, a lobbyist might represent 20 or more groups of people in one or more industries.

They're not (all) the evil you make them out to be. They are an absolute necessity to a Free People.

Lobbyists are a blight on the American political landscape because only the rich and powerful can afford to grease the skids so to speak. It's one thing to have a paid mouthpiece but when they come bearing expensive toys and vacations it's another. Edit: and don't forget truckloads of cash.

Idiot.

Who represents the small farmer in Congress? Who speaks out for him?

Lobbyists. Lobbyists got the plight of the small farmer heard in Congress over the greed of Agribusiness and they did something about it.

Who represents the Mom and Pop stores? Who represents the little guy? Lobbyists.

They ALL have organizations that they belong to that have paid lobbyists to represent them in Washington.

I can't think of anything that doesn't....... Thieves, maybe. Criminals. Idiots.

Otherwise, there's a lobbyist representing you.

Unions? Think they got lobbyists? Oh hell yes. The best.

Think the Airline Industry has lobbyists telling Congressmen about how Airbus is cheating and breaking the rules and how they need help to protect them and their workers from unfair labor and purchasing practices?

Yep.

Remember what I told you...... Grow up. You're only hurting yourself.

You're only making yourself look stupid when you make these kinds of comments around those who know better.

If all you strive to is mediocrity (which most libturds hope to attain at some point in their lives) then forget it. Stay your immature self.

But unless you want to be just another libturd loser -- Grow up

I think I've guessed what your profession is. You should know better than any of us what a dirty business you are defending. How do you wash off the stench of corruption? Does plain water work or do you need the tears of starving infants.

Last edited:
nope, I would also ban all forms of lobbying (legalized bribery), and cut congressional salaries and staffs by 50% and eliminate the congressional retirement program.

It should be a sacrifice to be in congress, and then you return to your real job.

I usually agree with you, but you are wrong on this. Lobbyists are controlled and funded by big money, not small individuals and farmers. Lobbyists do not represent the interests of average people, the represent the big corporations and special interests--not you and me. Its legalized bribery, plain and simple.

Red, don't tell me that because I personally met a K Street lobbyist that we hired as a small group of individuals (around 1,000) to get to help us.

We didn't get what we wanted but we got a nice consolation prize.

Believe me, whatever it is you do, someone is representing you in Congress through a lobbyist.

While many are dirtbags, most are decent, hard-working, cocktail-buying (and swigging) ass-kissers (they have to be to get through the monumental egos of politicians) trying to do their jobs of representing the little guy in this Country.

General Electric, Generic Motors, the UAW, Exxon-Mobil, Microsoft, Apple....

They don't need lobbyists. You and I do.

Lobbyists are amoral scum, the few there are that work for positive change are entirely drowned out by an army of corporate lobbyists bent on screwing regular people out of their voice. Last time there was an attempt at reform only the most progressive of congressmen had any interest, the rest closed ranks in a rare display of bipartisanship to protect their perks.

I have to agree even though I believe that the dems are MORE out of touch.

the people are fed up with DC and corrupt politicians from both parties---DEMAND TERM LIMITS.

Why? So we have a brand new batch of politicians that need to be bought off every few years?

holy shit did I just agree with you on something?

You can't successfully label large groups of people ~

We do it all the time. In government and in the Insurance Industry.

And in most other industries as well.

You're little quip sounds good, but it's just simply not accurate.

Had you said, "We would prefer not to label large groups of people" .........

But you didn't :dunno:

keyword: "successfully"

CNN131127.GIF

holy shit did I just agree with you on something?

A broken clock is wrong occasionally, Destroyer2, but on this I agree with Redfish.

Redfish is not immoral at all, just mistaken as to the grounding of America and what is happening now.

Lobbyists are a blight on the American political landscape because only the rich and powerful can afford to grease the skids so to speak. It's one thing to have a paid mouthpiece but when they come bearing expensive toys and vacations it's another. Edit: and don't forget truckloads of cash.

Idiot.

Who represents the small farmer in Congress? Who speaks out for him?

Lobbyists. Lobbyists got the plight of the small farmer heard in Congress over the greed of Agribusiness and they did something about it.

Who represents the Mom and Pop stores? Who represents the little guy? Lobbyists.

They ALL have organizations that they belong to that have paid lobbyists to represent them in Washington.

I can't think of anything that doesn't....... Thieves, maybe. Criminals. Idiots.

Otherwise, there's a lobbyist representing you.

Unions? Think they got lobbyists? Oh hell yes. The best.

Think the Airline Industry has lobbyists telling Congressmen about how Airbus is cheating and breaking the rules and how they need help to protect them and their workers from unfair labor and purchasing practices?

Yep.

Remember what I told you...... Grow up. You're only hurting yourself.

You're only making yourself look stupid when you make these kinds of comments around those who know better.

If all you strive to is mediocrity (which most libturds hope to attain at some point in their lives) then forget it. Stay your immature self.

But unless you want to be just another libturd loser -- Grow up

Who represents the small farmer in Congress?...Who represents the Mom and Pop stores? Who represents the little guy?

the people who are supposed to be.....your areas Representative in Congress....

Forum List

Back