Which Party Is Out Of Touch?

Heard about this poll on Rush. Credit where credit is due.

IBD/TIPP Poll: Democrats Are the Out-of-Touch Extremists - Investors.com

Politics: We keep hearing about how the Republican Party is full of radical Tea Party crazies. But our latest IBD/TIPP Poll shows that it's Democrats who are out of touch with reality and well outside the mainstream.

The public overwhelmingly believes the country is headed in the wrong direction, that current economic policies aren't working, that President Obama is doing a bad job, that government should be smaller and that ObamaCare should be repealed. But not Democrats.

On issue after issue, in fact, Democrats are the outliers by wide margins, according to an analysis of the December IBD/TIPP survey.

They are, by and large, Pollyanna-ish about the economy, they can see no evil when it comes to Obama or ObamaCare, and they are extremists when it comes to the size and role of the federal government.

To get a sense of just how out to lunch Democrats are these days, consider:
The economy is barely moving after four years of Obama's "recovery," there are millions who've given up looking for work, household incomes are down and poverty is up.
Not surprisingly, 64% of the public says the country is headed in the wrong direction — 71% of independents say this. But those who identify themselves as Democrats are positively upbeat. Two-thirds, in fact, are perfectly satisfied with the country's direction.

Edge:

More at the link. Much more

democrats won't acknowledge this. Anybody surprised?

They like leisurely lives.

All parties are out of touch, the very idea that an American political party can effectively reflect the will of the people is ludicrous. As soon as any movement gains national attention lobbyists ruin it by trying to turn it into a tool of the powers that be - the end.

332-206

Can't touch that.

yes, obama won, we get it Fluke. and you get free condoms so you can ply your trade as a DC hooker and get free abortions if one happens to break. :eusa_boohoo:

That was funny. :lmao:

But I will give CC credit for being the first, and one of only two libturds to admit that obama lied his ASS OFF about obamacare.

Which segues to my next point -- That's how he won.... He fucking lied his ass off and the DISGUSTING FILTH in the LSM backed him up on it.

Sad state of affairs when dimocrap scum go around trumpeting a victory based on lies but the truth is.... The entire dimocrap party is based on lies.

As are the lives of most dimocraps. That, and fear. Talk about some shaking-in-their-boots wusses?

dimocraps. That's their whole schtick -- Fear. Somebody has to protect from life. Somebody like that man among men, Captain Kickass...

superob.jpg

:iagree:
That is the correct answer.
One poll says the Dems are out of touch, another poll says the GOP is out of touch. All polls show the public's dissatisfaction with both parties.
It's not that hard to figure out,,,well that would be for most folks who aren't married to one or the other ideology.

I have to agree even though I believe that the dems are MORE out of touch.

the people are fed up with DC and corrupt politicians from both parties---DEMAND TERM LIMITS.

I hear tell that Obama doesn't want term limits on his office.

Which Party Is Out Of Touch?

Both

One poll says the Dems are out of touch, another poll says the GOP is out of touch. All polls show the public's dissatisfaction with both parties.
It's not that hard to figure out,,,well that would be for most folks who aren't married to one or the other ideology.

I can assure you, the people who are working and paying the taxes are NOT out of touch.

I have to agree even though I believe that the dems are MORE out of touch.

the people are fed up with DC and corrupt politicians from both parties---DEMAND TERM LIMITS.

Why? So we have a brand new batch of politicians that need to be bought off every few years?

nope, I would also ban all forms of lobbying (legalized bribery), and cut congressional salaries and staffs by 50% and eliminate the congressional retirement program.

It should be a sacrifice to be in congress, and then you return to your real job.

Dewd..... There HAVE to be lobbyists. Have to be.

Is there nothing in your field of endeavor that couldn't benefit from a government action or inaction?

Of course there is. And I'll tell you what else..... No matter what you do, there is a lobbying group on K Street that is representing your interests.

There HAVE to be lobbyists, otherwise the really, really, really rich, and the really, really, really powerful would be the only ones being heard.

With a lobbyist, everybody gets a chance.

BTW, a lobbyist might represent 20 or more groups of people in one or more industries.

They're not (all) the evil you make them out to be. They are an absolute necessity to a Free People.

Why? So we have a brand new batch of politicians that need to be bought off every few years?

nope, I would also ban all forms of lobbying (legalized bribery), and cut congressional salaries and staffs by 50% and eliminate the congressional retirement program.

It should be a sacrifice to be in congress, and then you return to your real job.

Is there nothing in your field of endeavor that couldn't benefit from a government action or inaction?

Of course there is. And I'll tell you what else..... No matter what you do, there is a lobbying group on K Street that is representing your interests.

There HAVE to be lobbyists, otherwise the really, really, really rich, and the really, really, really powerful would be the only ones being heard.

BTW, a lobbyist might represent 20 or more groups of people in one or more industries.

They're not (all) the evil you make them out to be. They are an absolute necessity to a Free People.

Lobbyists are a blight on the American political landscape because only the rich and powerful can afford to grease the skids so to speak. It's one thing to have a paid mouthpiece but when they come bearing expensive toys and vacations it's another. Edit: and don't forget truckloads of cash.

Last edited:
Bot sides are out of touch, it is just that the deems are out of touch on specific parties, as they control the government now. And are responsible for what is going on.

I can assure you, the people who are working and paying the taxes are NOT out of touch.

Harry Dresden (Post 7) said it best when replying to Don't Taz Me, "im sure the die hards on both sides will say you are full of shit....". That truism is on display throughout this thread.
No one can deny that the general public is very, very unhappy with both parties. The general public which consists of taxpayers and who are not ideologues are much more objective in their view of politics than most ideologues (tax paying or not).

Well let's see now.

The Republicans have been building golden parachutes at taxpayer expense since the first time Lincoln was sworn in.

The Ds regularly demonstrate that they have not yet mastered how to pour urine out of a boot with directions on the heel.

What was that question again?

Lobbyists are a blight on the American political landscape because only the rich and powerful can afford to grease the skids so to speak. It's one thing to have a paid mouthpiece but when they come bearing expensive toys and vacations it's another. Edit: and don't forget truckloads of cash.

Idiot.

Who represents the small farmer in Congress? Who speaks out for him?

Lobbyists. Lobbyists got the plight of the small farmer heard in Congress over the greed of Agribusiness and they did something about it.

Who represents the Mom and Pop stores? Who represents the little guy? Lobbyists.

They ALL have organizations that they belong to that have paid lobbyists to represent them in Washington.

I can't think of anything that doesn't....... Thieves, maybe. Criminals. Idiots.

Otherwise, there's a lobbyist representing you.

Unions? Think they got lobbyists? Oh hell yes. The best.

Think the Airline Industry has lobbyists telling Congressmen about how Airbus is cheating and breaking the rules and how they need help to protect them and their workers from unfair labor and purchasing practices?

Yep.

Remember what I told you...... Grow up. You're only hurting yourself.

You're only making yourself look stupid when you make these kinds of comments around those who know better.

If all you strive to is mediocrity (which most libturds hope to attain at some point in their lives) then forget it. Stay your immature self.

But unless you want to be just another libturd loser -- Grow up

Well let's see now.

The Republicans have been building golden parachutes at taxpayer expense since the first time Lincoln was sworn in.

The Ds regularly demonstrate that they have not yet mastered how to pour urine out of a boot with directions on the heel.

What was that question again?

What Republicans? What 'golden parachutes'?

You mean those e-vul Republicans like Warren Buffet? Bill Gates? Peter Lewis?

There are just as many greedy rich dimocrap scum as there Republicans. Maybe more. No.... Definitely more.

Know why? I'll let you in on a little secret....

Know who Big Business's best friend is? Big Government. Know who favors big government AND big business?

Know who fears and loathes small government? Big Business and the dimocrap party.

You people would buy anything if it had a candy coating on it. Honest to God

Edge, why are you such a fan of corporatism? I though conservatives were into the free market and capitalism, not corporatism. Another reason to distance ones self from todays "conservative" republicans.

Edge, why are you such a fan of corporatism? I though conservatives were into the free market and capitalism, not corporatism. Another reason to distance ones self from todays "conservative" republicans.

Why are you such a fan of communism?

Which is just as appropriate for me to ask of you as your question was to ask of me.

You pose a question in which you have already framed an answer..... to wit; I'm a bad guy.

Spare me your High School debating tactics. They're boring.

Frame the question better and we can talk.

If you think that Democrats, Independents, and young people favor the Republican knuckle-dragging anti-science homophobic party, you're out of your mind. For the most part, the country is unhappy that Obama resembles Bush so strongly.

We wanted change . . . instead, we got more of the same shit, but in a darker skin color that Southerners cannot abide.

LOL. I find it amusing that you seem to think your propaganda against Republicans is at all realistic.

If you think that Democrats, Independents, and young people favor the Republican knuckle-dragging anti-science homophobic party, you're out of your mind. For the most part, the country is unhappy that Obama resembles Bush so strongly.

We wanted change . . . instead, we got more of the same shit, but in a darker skin color that Southerners cannot abide.

LOL. I find it amusing that you seem to think your propaganda against Republicans is at all realistic.

libturds need to watch this..... Reality is their enemy

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=x7Q8UvJ1wvk]Who's More Pro-Science, Republicans or Democrats? - Neil deGrasse Tyson - YouTube[/ame]

Heard about this poll on Rush. Credit where credit is due.

IBD/TIPP Poll: Democrats Are the Out-of-Touch Extremists - Investors.com

Politics: We keep hearing about how the Republican Party is full of radical Tea Party crazies. But our latest IBD/TIPP Poll shows that it's Democrats who are out of touch with reality and well outside the mainstream.

The public overwhelmingly believes the country is headed in the wrong direction, that current economic policies aren't working, that President Obama is doing a bad job, that government should be smaller and that ObamaCare should be repealed. But not Democrats.

On issue after issue, in fact, Democrats are the outliers by wide margins, according to an analysis of the December IBD/TIPP survey.

They are, by and large, Pollyanna-ish about the economy, they can see no evil when it comes to Obama or ObamaCare, and they are extremists when it comes to the size and role of the federal government.

To get a sense of just how out to lunch Democrats are these days, consider:
The economy is barely moving after four years of Obama's "recovery," there are millions who've given up looking for work, household incomes are down and poverty is up.
Not surprisingly, 64% of the public says the country is headed in the wrong direction — 71% of independents say this. But those who identify themselves as Democrats are positively upbeat. Two-thirds, in fact, are perfectly satisfied with the country's direction.

Edge:

More at the link. Much more

democrats won't acknowledge this. Anybody surprised?

I say the Democrats and the Republicans.

Now a real party that is in touch....

THE CONSTITUTION PARTY

Constitution Party > Home

They don't take orders from Bilderberg, the other 2 can't say that !!!!

Forum List

Back