Zone1 Which came first, Christianity or Judaism?

I sense that you are looking at a translation of text in a vacuum and trying to imagine an observance driven solely by those words. That would be impossible as there is not that much explanation given in the text. Judaism has much more in the way of text and instruction which we date back to biblical times. We can't understand how people can think that any observance limited to the written verses is possible.
Because not only do they rely on bad translation, they don't understand Mishna and Gemara.

I suggest you stop trying to comment on Judaism. You clearly know nothing about it. At best you come off as ignorant. At worst you come off as an Antisemite.
All you have to do my Jewish friend, is compare your 'holy days' with those in scripture. It doesn't take a scholar to see the differences. What you have done is excise any suggestion of the presence of Christ from your holy days, which explains everything.

Mr. Nutz----what does " "JUDAIZING" the religion" in reference to Judaism mean? Is there
a form of Judaism that is not JUDAISM? How would YOU "celebrate" or "observe"
the days that are prescribed in the Jewish scriptural writings?
You've just made my point. The scriptures regarding religious ceremonies were written for all of Israel, not solely for the Jews. After the division of Israel, the Jews retained the temple service in Jerusalem and began to impose the 'religion of the elders', which removed the atonement sacrifices from the holy days, thus Judaizing the religion. Jews don't believe they need a savior to save them from their sins, but a messiah to save them from the gentile world.

All you have to do my Jewish friend, is compare your 'holy days' with those in scripture. It doesn't take a scholar to see the differences. What you have done is excise any suggestion of the presence of Christ from your holy days, which explains everything.
to what "scripture" do you refer?

I sense that you are looking at a translation of text in a vacuum and trying to imagine an observance driven solely by those words. That would be impossible as there is not that much explanation given in the text. Judaism has much more in the way of text and instruction which we date back to biblical times. We can't understand how people can think that any observance limited to the written verses is possible.
That begs for the question, is scripture the basis of your observance, or has that been lost?

You've just made my point. The scriptures regarding religious ceremonies were written for all of Israel, not solely for the Jews. After the division of Israel, the Jews retained the temple service in Jerusalem and began to impose the 'religion of the elders', which removed the atonement sacrifices from the holy days, thus Judaizing the religion. Jews don't believe they need a savior to save them from their sins, but a messiah to save them from the gentile world.
right---ALL OF ISRAEL which is----in scriptural parlance--"THE CHILDREN" aka the descendants of
JACOB and his sons. ----to wit the people of the KINGDOM OF JUDAH (Judah being the
son names as "KING" by Jacob)------the "children of Jacob" are also known as "JEWS"

right---ALL OF ISRAEL which is----in scriptural parlance--"THE CHILDREN" aka the descendants of
JACOB and his sons. ----to wit the people of the KINGDOM OF JUDAH (Judah being the
son names as "KING" by Jacob)------the "children of Jacob" are also known as "JEWS"
The 'Kingdom of Judah' today is the state of Israel.
The Kingdom of Israel is the Christian nations of the west, and spiritually all of Christendom.

Last edited:
Where is the throne that a Jewish king is keeping warm for the appearance of Shiloh? Is it in the state of Israel, or England?

Probably because your Christ has nothing to do with Judaism. may I suggest remedial education on Judaism?

I hope you can understand that the Jewish position would be that you are inserting Jesus where he has no reason to be, not that Jews are removing him, and that he wasn't there for the many generations before his birth so jews see no reason to introduce him there now.

Can you point to the "atonement sacrifices" which were presented on each of the holidays and were removed? Atonement was an element to specific holidays and sacrifices (and, according to one reckoning, part of the daily sacrifice) but was not part of the sacrifices delineated for a variety of other holidays.

Forum List

Back