Which caliber is best for stopping a crook? Pistol, rifle or shotgun?

You like to deal with make believes Dorothy ?
You failed to address the issue put to you - as per the norm.

For a federal-level universal backhground check to work as it does in Illinois, you would have to obtain a license from the US government to simply own a gun.

How long do you think that would stand in federal court?

Request denied.

In the eyes of visiting Americans to Canada, we are their utopia! They come to Canada to lower their blood pressure and stock up on pharmaceuticals. Insulin sales are through the roof!
Yes, as they turn around and head right back to U.S.A.

For a federal-level universal backhground check to work as it does in Illinois, you would have to obtain a license from the US government to simply own a gun.
Wrong. You don’t need a federal license to buy TNT, an automobile or a plethora of other federally regulated items. You need to buy them from or be licensed by a regulated state or franchised agency that meets minimum federal guidelines. Just ask any FFL dealer or licensed car dealer. The states are free then to make them more stringent as they do now with the federal firearms act. If FOID permits or CC licenses issued by a state meets the minimum federal guidelines for being issued, it would be enough to comply.
Seriously, you do get that literally every interstate transaction is federally regulated but many of the actual agencies that enforce them are the states.

You can still have licenses issued by states but under minimal federal guidelines. You guys are so funny.
Demonstrate this to be true.
Pick 5 basic exercises of a constitutionally protected rights and cite their accompanying federal licensure.
Dollars to doughnuts says you will fail.
You‘re a child asking a foolish question. You think that the federal requirements for interstate trucking along with shipping has not passed the muster of the constitution ? How about the federal firearms act ? Or, You think the FAA mandates and restrictions on firearms instituted by 911 may not be constitutionally legal. You’re a child. Until challenged and changed, they are all the law of the land. Why don’t you just. Do your own research for amendments that cover any federally regulated enterprise. It’s easy to do. Move on

Geesus, the constitution provides access to shorelines in fresh and salt water in every state in the Union Too
You live a very sheltered life. State constitutions are all written to be in compliance with the US constitution. Otherwise, the Fed will take them to court.

Last edited:
Wrong. You don’t need a federal license to buy TNT, an automobile or a plethora of other federally regulated items. You need to buy them from or be licensed by a regulated state or franchised agency that meets minimum federal guidelines. Just ask any FFL dealer. The states are free then to make them more stringent as they do now with the federal firearms act. If FOID permits or CC licenses issued by a state meets the minimum federal guidelines for being issued, it would be enough to comply.

Seriously, you do get that literally every interstate transaction is federally regulated but many of the actual agencies that enforce them are the states. Even a long haul trucker drivers license issued by the state of origin is accepted in ever state in the union. Why don’t you look up why instead of having me explain the facts of life to you.

You can still have licenses issued by states but under minimal federal guidelines. You guys are so funny.

You‘re a child asking a foolish question. You think that the federal requirements for interstate trucking along with shipping has not passed the muster of the constitution ? How about the federal firearms act ? Or, You think the FAA mandates and restrictions on firearms instituted by 911 may not be constitutionally legal. You’re a child. Until challenged and changed, they are all the law of the land. Why don’t you just. Do your own research for amendments that cover any federally regulated enterprise. It’s easy to do. Move in child.

Wrong. You don’t need a federal license to buy TNT, an automobile or a plethora of other federally regulated items. You need to buy them from or be licensed by a regulated state or franchised agency that meets minimum federal guidelines. Just ask any FFL dealer or licensed car dealer. The states are free then to make them more stringent as they do now with the federal firearms act. If FOID permits or CC licenses issued by a state meets the minimum federal guidelines for being issued, it would be enough to comply.
Seriously, you do get that literally every interstate transaction is federally regulated but many of the actual agencies that enforce them are the states.

You‘re a child asking a foolish question. You think that the federal requirements for interstate trucking along with shipping has not passed the muster of the constitution ? How about the federal firearms act ? Or, You think the FAA mandates and restrictions on firearms instituted by 911 may not be constitutionally legal. You’re a child. Until challenged and changed, they are all the law of the land. Why don’t you just. Do your own research for amendments that cover any federally regulated enterprise. It’s easy to do. Move on

Geesus, the constitution provides access to shorelines in fresh and salt water in every state in the Union Too
You live a very sheltered life. State constitutions are all written to be in compliance with the US constitution. Otherwise, the Fed will take them to court.

Come on....you are actually Bulldog with a different name......right? He was fixated on background checks just like you...but called out on them because like him/her, you guys just want gun registration.....

Why are you introducing a red herring ? You have to pay for your driver’s license too. Weren’t we talking about BC s. Btw, I’ve had a CC for decades and willing pay to have it renewed. No dealer has ever asked to see it when I’ve legally purchased a firearm. It’s a non item. Find something else to whine about.
Driving is not a guaranteed right.

And if a licensed dealer never asked you for ID then you didn't buy a firearm legally.

In fact I'll wager you never bought one ever.

And if a licensed dealer never asked you for ID then you didn't buy a firearm legally.

Oh, all of a sudden you’re a lawyer now. What a rediculous statement. Access to public highways is a guaranteed right under the constitution.

I see you didn’t read my post accurately.
ACCESS to all public ways and facilities is a guaranteed right. But these rights are not absolute. Licensing is a way the the regulatory institutions, predominantly the states, have of controlling these regulated rights . You are Pretending you know what you are talking about by voicing trite little sayings from Tucker and Fix News.
You babble about what ID is acceptable to an FFL dealer is lame too. You’re now conflating IDs

They are regulated as to what is acceptable.

Lastly, you’d lose that bet many times over. I don’t have to brag about my experience with firearms And federal regulations. Already I’ve shown I know much more then most gun a holics. Most of you with a few exceptions need constant correcting. When I commented on my having a valid state issued concealed carry permit which does serve as at least one acceptable form of ID to most vendors, I guess you figured I just used my card to scare people and never owned a firearm. Hilarious.

Oh, all of a sudden you’re a lawyer now. What a rediculous statement. Access to public highways is a guaranteed right under the constitution.

I see you didn’t read my post accurately.
ACCESS to all public ways and facilities is a guaranteed right. But these rights are not absolute. Licensing is a way the the regulatory institutions, predominantly the states, have of controlling these regulated rights . You are Pretending you know what you are talking about by voicing trite little sayings from Tucker and Fix News.
You babble about what ID is acceptable to an FFL dealer is lame too. You’re now conflating IDs

They are regulated as to what is acceptable.

Lastly, you’d lose that bet many times over. I don’t have to brag about my experience with firearms And federal regulations. Already I’ve shown I know much more then most gun a holics. Most of you with a few exceptions need constant correcting. When I commented on my having a valid state issued concealed carry permit which does serve as at least one acceptable form of ID to most vendors, I guess you figured I just used my card to scare people and never owned a firearm. Hilarious.
Really?

What part of the Constitution mentions driving?

Driving is a privilege granted by the state you live in and that privilege can be revoked at any time for a variety of reasons

Come on....you are actually Bulldog with a different name......right? He was fixated on background checks just like you...but called out on them because like him/her, you guys just want gun registration.....
Huh ? What a BS red herring. States that have required universal BCs already to buy and sell firearms . Which ones also require firearm registration ? Geesus, is there any FFL dealer that turns the firearm registration material into a national gun registry ? Try answer that….

Only for some federally regulated firearms is that the case . So you’re FOS.

What part of the constitution mentions machine guns, shot guns or even firearms ? Huh ?
The Second amendment clearly mentions arms.
Arms collectively means any weapon for offense or defense.

That includes firearms

Are you really that fucking STUPID?

The Second amendment clearly mentions arms.
Arms collectively means any weapon for offense or defense.

That includes firearms

Are you really that fucking STUPID?
And driving clearly implies access to public ways.
Are you really that Fking stupid ?
Clearly access to public ways and places of assembly is guaranteed under the constitution. Fourteenth Amendment of the US Constitution -- Rights Guaranteed: Privileges and Immunities of Citizenship, Due Process, and Equal Protection

Really?

Driving is a privilege granted by the state you live in and that privilege can be revoked at any time for a variety of reasons

Wrong. You’re access to public ways is guaranteed under the 14 th amendment. You are using a red herring. You can still walk, ride a bike where allowed, take a bus etc and no one can stop you. The driving of a car restricted by a license doesn’t prevent you from using a public way.

The license and BC is a way of qualifying bearing arms just like the license to carry a firearm qualifies your right of firearm possession and the license to drive qualifies your right to access public ways. . There is no deference. The right to bear arms has to be defined because “ arms” doesn’t explicitly say firearms. The courts had to do that. They EXCLUDED SHOULDER FIRED RPGs . Doooofus.

Really?

Btw, thanks for putting a reference down that supports everything I’ve said. You still need a license to drive a car but not to access public ways in other means.

You said UBC works in Illinois
It works because you need a state license to worn a gun.
So, with Illinois as the model you chose, for UBC to work at the national level you'd nee a federal license to buy a gun.
How long do you think that would stand in federal court?
You‘re a child asking a foolish question
A question you cannot answer because you know your statement is a lie.
Disagree?
Pick 5 basic exercises of a constitutionally protected rights and cite their accompanying federal licensure.
Dollars to doughnuts says you will, again, fail.

Forum List

Back