Which caliber is best for stopping a crook? Pistol, rifle or shotgun?

Otis Mayfield

Diamond Member
Sep 17, 2021

Watching this, you'd think the .380 ACP is best, or at least as good as the rest of the pistols. This would mean that you could get a smaller, lighter pistol with the .380 without losing any effectiveness.

The 2nd amendment allows us guns. Which gun do you think has the most stopping power? Which is the easiest to carry? Do you believe the study is accurate?

Watching this, you'd think the .380 ACP is best, or at least as good as the rest of the pistols. This would mean that you could get a smaller, lighter pistol with the .380 without losing any effectiveness.

The 2nd amendment allows us guns. Which gun do you think has the most stopping power? Which is the easiest to carry? Do you believe the study is accurate?

Crook close up..shotgun..crook more that 30ft..rifle--handguns are for personal protection..closer the better..but..many's the gun fight that has had dozens of rounds fired..and no hits. A well trained dog is just as good, if not better, for home protection...IMO.

Are you feeling okay? Has your account been taken over?

Which gun do you think has the most stopping power?

If the gun doesnt stop the perp, the bikini sure will.

.380 ACP is a perfectly appropriate self-defense round; I carry a 380 auto when I pocket carry.

Best thing I know for home defense is a 12 gauge with a light so you just point and shoot. Put the light where you want it to go. I'd use birdshot....#4 or #7. The main thing is stopping power without too much penetration.

As always, no gun is better than having any gun if the objective is to live to see sunset.

Statistically, having a gun in your home is more dangerous for you and your family, especially if you have young children or teens. A 2014 review in the Annals of Internal Medicine concluded having a firearm in the home, even when it’s properly stored, doubles your risk of becoming a victim of homicide and triples the risk of suicide.3

I usually carry an lcp 9. I have the .380 versions as well. It's so small I can drop it in a pocket and go.

Rifles are a terrible weapon for home defense.

As always, no gun is better than having any gun if the objective is to live to see sunset.
Yeah... you go with that. The gene pool can do without ya just fine. The truth is you can find "data" to support anything you already believe. IMO, those who push against 2A do so for political reasons and either already have security provided for them OR have never faced a situation where no cop was coming to help them and they KNEW IT. New Orleans, post-Katrina is a perfect example.

Eventually, you'll find yourself living in a world totally Without Rule Of Law. It's on the horizon right now, in fact. In THAT world there will be predators and prey. The choices made now will determine which group you inhabit and for how long. Choose well...

I usually carry an lcp 9. I have the .380 versions as well. It's so small I can drop it in a pocket and go.

Rifles are a terrible weapon for home defense.
I used to carry the LCP .380 but I decided to carry a Sig P365 SAS version in 9 mm. It's a pure pocket gun in 9 mm. The SAS stands for "Sig Anti Snag". The sights are rather odd but effective. There are no raised contact points like front or rear sight posts or any safety or magazine buttons that can snag coming out of a pocket. It also has a couple of venting ports near the muzzle to reduce the flip of recoil. I carry it for self defense and practice with it no farther away from a target than 3 steps.

I disagree about rifles being all bad for home defense. An AR-15 is the PERFECT home defense weapon for most women, due to the near lack of recoil. The only caveat to that would be for those living in apartments rather than homes with some distance between them. That's just my opinion, of course.
The very best gun for self defense is a gun you TRAIN WITH and learn to handle safely.

Crook close up..shotgun..crook more that 30ft..rifle--handguns are for personal protection..closer the better..but..many's the gun fight that has had dozens of rounds fired..and no hits. A well trained dog is just as good, if not better, for home protection...IMO.

I can drop you at 100 yards with a shotgun.
And no a dog isn't just as good unless you taught them how to shoot.
A dog is good for alerting you and thats it.

Liberals dont know shit about firearms as you've just displayed.

I can drop you at 100 yards with a shotgun.
And no a dog isn't just as good unless you taught them how to shoot.
A dog is good for alerting you and thats it.

Liberals dont know shit about firearms as you've just displayed.
Uh-huh..sure..keep thinking that political party or ideological position somehow equates to some sort of innate skill with firearms..dumbass~
I know dogs that would rip your throat out..while you piss yourself and fire your weapon into the floor. just sayin'--a guy is a lot more frantic..with 120 lbs of dog attached to him.
All your post goes to show is that being a fool is a non-political affair.

You don't need squat that shoots 100 yards for home defense. If the perp is fleeing..ya stop shooting..unless you like jail~

Rifles, then shotguns, then handguns.....the order of usefulness in stopping criminals.

Forum List

Back