Where You Can Get Contraceptives After Your Employer And The Supreme Court Refuse To Give Them To You

You are one serious MFer aren’t you?

Some advice: lighten, up. You only go around once.

Im as serious as a heart attack in Antarctica. I have no sense of humor. It was surgically removed in my childhood to allow my ego to grow to full size.

If we only get to go around once, I’m screwed. Of course I don’t believe that we only get one shot, but that’s for another thread.

Again, the abortion opponents can't see the forest for the trees. And yes I know this is about birth control. But the subjects go hand in hand. Easy and affordable access to birth control reduces the need for abortion. Sure, you can walk into a pharmacy and buy it...if you can afford it. But hey, let's let the corporations and their Republican party donating board members decide who gets that right.

No one has a right to have someone else pay their way. The pill costs 10-15 dollars a month. That's not really a large burden, if it is you can't afford a cell phone or cable TV.

And you're neatly glossing over the fact that the 10-15 a month you speak of still requires a doctor's appointment, blood work, and possibly other tests before that scrip gets written to the pharmacy. So depending on your insurance, it'll be more out of pocket than just the money for the scrip. Now your employer gets to discriminate because of their religious beliefs. Hardly equitable. Religion has no place in healthcare. One more reason to scrap the current system we have. And good news, attitudes like this are exactly why the country will eventually be pushed to nationalized health insurance.
Government has no place in religion.

This makes you angry. Too bad.

So you'll use the courts to make sure religion can be used to restrict choice.
Government makes rules against discrimination. They should be followed.
Again, one more reason to scrap the current healthcare system we have.
You are free to make any choice you want.

You are NOT free, however, to make other people pay for it.

I don't know what's so hard to understand about that, but leftists just can't seem to grasp it.

They are.

They pay premiums, deductibles and copays. They also pay in their time and labor. That insurance is part of the employee pay and benefits. Just like everyone else. Just like you do if you have employer provided insurance.

If you have insurance they are paying the same things you are paying. Yet you think you have the right to deny them to have the same things you have. You get your medications paid for or heavily discounted by your insurance company or medicare. Yet you demand that others can't have the same thing you have.

When you start paying for every penny of all medications you use then you might have a leg to stand on. Get back to me when you live what you demand others do.

Until then, you are a hypocrite.
I want a Les Baer Custom Gun Shop M4 Flattop LE Semi-Auto AR-15 Rifle, .223 Remington, with a 16" Barrel.

The Second Amendment guarantees me the right to own it.

You have to pay for it. $1,995.00 at Cheaper Than Dirt.

But I bet that's somehow different.

What does that have to do with employer provided insurance, health care and medication?

You aren't making much sense.

But then when you're called on your hypocrisy I guess the best you can to is not make sense.

Carry on.

Well, it happened: The Supreme Court ruled Wednesday that U.S. employers can refuse to provide their employees with insurance coverage for contraception under the Affordable Care Act because of the eloyer’s religious or moral objection. This decision potentially deprives over 126,000 people of the option to get their birth control method of choice through their employer-provided health insurance coverage. If you’re one of the people affected by this decision, you’re probably wondering how you can avoid paying exorbitant out-of-pocket fees for your birth control method of choice, and/or how you’re going to renew your prescription without the aid of your doctor’s office.

Even more contraceptive resources can be found on Free the Pill. Free the Pill is a campaign setting its sights on making the pill available over the counter in the United States. Until they accomplish that, they’re providing a wealth of information on where you can get your pill online.

A public service announcement for normal people, A kick in the balls to religious and political nutjobs.
every insurance company allows attachment riders that the insured pays for. This argument is feigned outrage ..

Again, the abortion opponents can't see the forest for the trees. And yes I know this is about birth control. But the subjects go hand in hand. Easy and affordable access to birth control reduces the need for abortion. Sure, you can walk into a pharmacy and buy it...if you can afford it. But hey, let's let the corporations and their Republican party donating board members decide who gets that right.

No one has a right to have someone else pay their way. The pill costs 10-15 dollars a month. That's not really a large burden, if it is you can't afford a cell phone or cable TV.

When so many American households live paycheck to paycheck what you claim is proof you are a callous conservative.

78% of US workers live paycheck to paycheck

I find it disgusting that these people expect their insurance to pay for their medications but demand that others don't get the same right.

These people also forget that the employee pays premiums, co pays and deductibles for their insurance on top of their time and labor. The insurance is part of their pay and benefits. They worked and paid for it.

Oh bullshit, they didn't work and pay for anything that wasn't offered in the first place. You GD commies are hilarious.

"commies"? The RED SCARE died along with Sen. McCarthy (or maybe just before when he was censored by the Senate). You need to find a new pejorative, you are outdated. I don't call you a nazi, that too died in 1945 when Adolph went to hell. I use the term fascist to support you and the Trump Administration. That is a pejorative, but is is one which clearly defines the authoritarian efforts by Trump and the biddable fools who support him.

You are one serious MFer aren’t you?

Some advice: lighten, up. You only go around once.

Im as serious as a heart attack in Antarctica. I have no sense of humor. It was surgically removed in my childhood to allow my ego to grow to full size.

If we only get to go around once, I’m screwed. Of course I don’t believe that we only get one shot, but that’s for another thread.

Given your posts, I suspect if you are correct you will come back as a Cockroach.

I use the term fascist to support you and the Trump Administration. That is a pejorative, but is is one which clearly defines the authoritarian efforts by Trump and the biddable fools who support him.

You say Fascist and Authoritarian like they’re bad things. We tried a democratic republic and it’s failed miserably. Time for something stronger and more organized.

Wasn't a ban. It was a restriction. And a fat lot of good it did.

And that scenario? How's that workin out for you now?

And you know that it did no good? How? We have a pretty great record regarding our deaths per million. How is that not a good thing?

Remember Sweden was the great country doing the best job of handling COVID-19. Please compare our deaths per million with theirs!

2020-07-12%20Country-X2.jpg

Last edited:
Didn't say they weren't. Talking about the additional expense (depending on what insurance you have or don't have). It's not just the cost of the birth control pill/device.

Please show us all where the decision prevents insurance, paid for by an entity that rejects birth control, will not pay for the physical exams necessary for a woman.

And you're neatly glossing over the fact that the 10-15 a month you speak of still requires a doctor's appointment, blood work, and possibly other tests before that scrip gets written to the pharmacy. So depending on your insurance, it'll be more out of pocket than just the money for the scrip. Now your employer gets to discriminate because of their religious beliefs. Hardly equitable. Religion has no place in healthcare. One more reason to scrap the current system we have. And good news, attitudes like this are exactly why the country will eventually be pushed to nationalized health insurance.

I don't know what's so hard to understand about that, but leftists just can't seem to grasp it.

Do you buy health insurance? If you do, your premium is paid to the company and your money is put into their assets. The day you pay your premium is the same day your dollars are used to pay the salary of the companies employees, and to pay for any liability of another insured person who had a heart attack. Other insured customer's dollars will got to pay for you bill when you shoot yourself in the foot.

Consider too those who can't afford to buy health insurance and have a heart attack. An ambulance is called, the patient is taken to the nearest hospital and treated. S/he is then given a bill, but the cost is way too much for the hospital to get paid. Thus the hospital sends the patient to the nearest public hospital, and taxes pay for the follow up treatment; and the private hospital writes off the lose - which is exaggerated - to reduce any and sometimes all tax liability. Thus, local, state and federal taxes grow each year and pot holes don't get fixed, and you end up needing a new tire.
I know how it works, genius.

Soooo...you don't buy any contraception for the poor and working class. You just insist other people pay for it, and then feel all generous.

They are.

They pay premiums, deductibles and copays. They also pay in their time and labor. That insurance is part of the employee pay and benefits. Just like everyone else. Just like you do if you have employer provided insurance.

If you have insurance they are paying the same things you are paying. Yet you think you have the right to deny them to have the same things you have. You get your medications paid for or heavily discounted by your insurance company or medicare. Yet you demand that others can't have the same thing you have.

When you start paying for every penny of all medications you use then you might have a leg to stand on. Get back to me when you live what you demand others do.

Until then, you are a hypocrite.
I want a Les Baer Custom Gun Shop M4 Flattop LE Semi-Auto AR-15 Rifle, .223 Remington, with a 16" Barrel.

The Second Amendment guarantees me the right to own it.

You have to pay for it. $1,995.00 at Cheaper Than Dirt.

But I bet that's somehow different.

What does that have to do with employer provided insurance, health care and medication?

You aren't making much sense.

But then when you're called on your hypocrisy I guess the best you can to is not make sense.

Carry on.
That you can't grasp a simple comparison is a "you" problem.

When so many American households live paycheck to paycheck what you claim is proof you are a callous conservative.

I find it disgusting that these people expect their insurance to pay for their medications but demand that others don't get the same right.

These people also forget that the employee pays premiums, co pays and deductibles for their insurance on top of their time and labor. The insurance is part of their pay and benefits. They worked and paid for it.

Oh bullshit, they didn't work and pay for anything that wasn't offered in the first place. You GD commies are hilarious.

"commies"? The RED SCARE died along with Sen. McCarthy (or maybe just before when he was censored by the Senate). You need to find a new pejorative, you are outdated. I don't call you a nazi, that too died in 1945 when Adolph went to hell. I use the term fascist to support you and the Trump Administration. That is a pejorative, but is is one which clearly defines the authoritarian efforts by Trump and the biddable fools who support him.
...says the guy who wants to use the threat of government violence to force people to pay for his "generosity".

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. They may be more likely to go to Heaven yet at the same time likelier to make a Hell of earth. This very kindness stings with intolerable insult. To be "cured" against one's will and cured of states which we may not regard as disease is to be put on a level of those who have not yet reached the age of reason or those who never will; to be classed with infants, imbeciles, and domestic animals.”

― C.S. Lewis, a man way smarter than you

Great deflection, you got anything on topic? BTW Rauel, Putin, Xi and CPUSA would probably disagree with you. I bet you're a card carrying member of CPUSA.

Wasn't a ban. It was a restriction. And a fat lot of good it did.

And that scenario? How's that workin out for you now?

And you know that it did no good? How? We have a pretty great record regarding our deaths per million. How is that not a good thing?

Remember Sweden was the great country doing the best job of handling COVID-19. Please compare our deaths per million with theirs!

2020-07-12%20Country-X2.jpg

Look I know the right wing is on to harping on the death toll since nothing else seems to be sticking, but it has nothing to do with Trump's so called "ban". It was a restriction.
40K people flock home in a panic from China on airlines and crowd into airports, a lot of them sick and instead of testing, tracing, and quarantining, out into the wind they scattered.
Welcome to your pandemic. Could have largely nipped it in the bud right there. Maybe full scale shutdowns wouldn't have been necessary. The fact that we are a first world nation and
our infection rate continues to climb and death our toll is the highest in the world is absolutely pathetic. A lack of leadership that started right in the Oval Office and continues to this day.

But I know you true believers will never give your savior any of the blame. And I don't give a shit what Sweden did or didn't do. We're lucky we had governors, mayors, and business leaders
who took action when your boy was too busy holding his pep rallies and golfing.

Look I know the right wing is on to harping on the death toll since nothing else seems to be sticking, but it has nothing to do with Trump's so called "ban". It was a restriction.
40K people flock home in a panic from China on airlines and crowd into airports, a lot of them sick and instead of testing, tracing, and quarantining, out into the wind they scattered.
Welcome to your pandemic. Could have largely nipped it in the bud right there. Maybe full scale shutdowns wouldn't have been necessary. The fact that we are a first world nation and
our infection rate continues to climb and death our toll is the highest in the world is absolutely pathetic. A lack of leadership that started right in the Oval Office and continues to this day.

But I know you true believers will never give your savior any of the blame. And I don't give a shit what Sweden did or didn't do. We're lucky we had governors, mayors, and business leaders

Nothing but the DEATH TOLL is "sticking"? What does that even mean?

If the travel ban/restriction/whatever was not effective, why do countries who did not impose one have so much higher death toll rates.

You say we have the highest number of deaths which means that you believe China, how cute!

While President Trump was taking action, we know what the Democrats were doing, as usual whining and complaining that what Trump was doing was terrible.

Democrat Response to Coronavirus: End Trump’s Travel Bans on China, Iran
JOHN BINDER 11 Mar 2020 2:58

House and Senate Democrats are responding to the coronavirus outbreak in the United States by supporting measures to effectively strip President Trump of his authority to impose travel bans to protect American citizens.

While Trump has implemented travel bans on China and Iran — two of the most coronavirus-affected nations in the world — House Democrats are looking to roll back the president’s authority to enact travel bans from regions of the world.

###
Coronavirus: China’s 17 day delay in releasing genome sequence of COVID-19

Health authorities have issued a dire warning about coronavirus as it continues to spread rapidly across China and the world.

Staff writers and wires

news.com.au FEBRUARY 13, 20207:23AM

17 DAY DELAY

There was a 17 day delay in the release of critical information about coronavirus during the crucial early stages of the outbreak, it’s been revealed.

A group of scientists is now calling for changes in the way new viruses are reported.

In a letter to medical journal The Lancet, the scientists said one of the important lessons from the outbreak was a delay in releasing information.

“The Chinese authorities ruled out SARS and MERS, as well as a few other non-coronaviruses, on January 5, and confirmed a novel coronavirus as a potential cause on January 9,” they said in the Lancet.

“However, the genome sequence — crucial for rapid development of diagnostics needed in an outbreak response — was not released until January 12, 2020 — 17 days after the preliminary sequence data were obtained.”

###

Published 1 hour ago [03/17/20]
Dr. Ronny Jackson says Trump prevented American coronavirus pandemic on level of Italy, Iran
By Yael Halon | Fox News

Former White House physician Dr. Ronny Jackson praised President Trump Monday night after he announced a list of guidelines that he and the White House coronavirus task force hoped will slow the spread of the pandemic within 15 days.

"The president has done everything he needed to do in this case," Jackson told "Hannity". "He’s acted quickly and decisively. He did what he always has done ... he went with his instincts."

"He put together a top-notch team and he was criticized.... despite that, he carried on and did what he needed to do for our country. He put the [China] travel ban in place," he added.

Jackson said he does not expect the virus to spread at the rate that it has in places like Italy and Iran due to the president's "quick and decisive actions," notably his decision to restrict travel into the U.S. from China in late January.

Dr. Ronny Jackson says Trump prevented American coronavirus pandemic on level of Italy, Iran

###

WOW! Chris Wallace CALLS OUT a Stunned Pelosi for Pushing Tourism to Chinatown in Late February (VIDEO)
By Jim Hoft
Published April 19, 2020 at 11:03am

Back in late February, 4 weeks after President Trump banned flights from China from entering the US, Speaker Pelosi was out urging tourists to hit San Francisco’s Chinatown.

Jan 31 — President Trump banned flights from China.
Feb. 5 — Democrats blasted President Trump for his China travel ban.
Feb 24 — Pelosi was pushing tourism to Chinatown.
March 13 — NY Mayor DeBlasio encourages New Yorkers to go about their daily lives as usual.

Last week Pelosi deleted a video of herself on Twitter walking around in Chinatown on February 24 downplaying the Coronavirus and urging people to “come to Chinatown.”

WOW! Chris Wallace CALLS OUT a Stunned Pelosi for Pushing Tourism to Chinatown in Late February (VIDEO)

Last edited:

Nothing but the DEATH TOLL is "sticking"? What does that even mean?

If the travel ban/restriction/whatever was not effective, why do countries who did not impose one have so much higher death toll rates.

You say we have the highest number of deaths which means that you believe China, how cute!

While President Trump was taking action, we know what the Democrats were doing, as usual whining and complaining that what Trump was doing was terrible.

Democrat Response to Coronavirus: End Trump’s Travel Bans on China, Iran
JOHN BINDER 11 Mar 2020 2:58

House and Senate Democrats are responding to the coronavirus outbreak in the United States by supporting measures to effectively strip President Trump of his authority to impose travel bans to protect American citizens.

While Trump has implemented travel bans on China and Iran — two of the most coronavirus-affected nations in the world — House Democrats are looking to roll back the president’s authority to enact travel bans from regions of the world.

###
Coronavirus: China’s 17 day delay in releasing genome sequence of COVID-19

Health authorities have issued a dire warning about coronavirus as it continues to spread rapidly across China and the world.

Staff writers and wires

news.com.au FEBRUARY 13, 20207:23AM

17 DAY DELAY

There was a 17 day delay in the release of critical information about coronavirus during the crucial early stages of the outbreak, it’s been revealed.

A group of scientists is now calling for changes in the way new viruses are reported.

In a letter to medical journal The Lancet, the scientists said one of the important lessons from the outbreak was a delay in releasing information.

“The Chinese authorities ruled out SARS and MERS, as well as a few other non-coronaviruses, on January 5, and confirmed a novel coronavirus as a potential cause on January 9,” they said in the Lancet.

“However, the genome sequence — crucial for rapid development of diagnostics needed in an outbreak response — was not released until January 12, 2020 — 17 days after the preliminary sequence data were obtained.”

###

Published 1 hour ago [03/17/20]
By Yael Halon | Fox News

Former White House physician Dr. Ronny Jackson praised President Trump Monday night after he announced a list of guidelines that he and the White House coronavirus task force hoped will slow the spread of the pandemic within 15 days.

"The president has done everything he needed to do in this case," Jackson told "Hannity". "He’s acted quickly and decisively. He did what he always has done ... he went with his instincts."

"He put together a top-notch team and he was criticized.... despite that, he carried on and did what he needed to do for our country. He put the [China] travel ban in place," he added.

Jackson said he does not expect the virus to spread at the rate that it has in places like Italy and Iran due to the president's "quick and decisive actions," notably his decision to restrict travel into the U.S. from China in late January.

###

By Jim Hoft
Published April 19, 2020 at 11:03am

Back in late February, 4 weeks after President Trump banned flights from China from entering the US, Speaker Pelosi was out urging tourists to hit San Francisco’s Chinatown.

Jan 31 — President Trump banned flights from China.
Feb. 5 — Democrats blasted President Trump for his China travel ban.
Feb 24 — Pelosi was pushing tourism to Chinatown.
March 13 — NY Mayor DeBlasio encourages New Yorkers to go about their daily lives as usual.

Last week Pelosi deleted a video of herself on Twitter walking around in Chinatown on February 24 downplaying the Coronavirus and urging people to “come to Chinatown.”

Just can't do it can you? Always looking for the deflection. Not gonna waste my time going over old ground as all this has been dealt with and dismissed as right wing diversion.
Last I looked, Trump was President. Not Pelosi, not DeBlasio, not Cuomo, not Schumer. Like it or not, the buck stops at his desk.
And right now, we have 3.2 million infections, over 135K+ dead...all on Trump's watch. You have states like Florida, Georgia, Texas and California that are headed for another shutdown.
Oh yeah, forgot about the 15% unemployment. If you think this is going to get better anytime soon, you need to take off those Trump colored glasses....and wipe the shit off them. :)

Where You Can Get Contraceptives After Your Employer And The Supreme Court Refuse To Give Them To You
Give them to you? No one owes you contraception. Go buy your own, like an adult.

This post, and the gross number already posted is brought to you by the Callous Conservatives Club, a group of those who were born without the usual human attribute, Empathy.

Forum List

Back