Where were you?

I was at work offshore and we were standing by on anchor. Obviously we didn't have cable so our TV was through the good old fashioned antenna. Being some miles offshore though, the reception wasn't great.

The mate told me a plane had hit the WTC when I came down for morning coffee. I assumed it was a Cessna or something like that. Then, as we were talking about it is when the second plane hit.

"Did you see-"
"Did I just-"

Once the second plane hit there was no doubt it was a terror attack. I said to myself: The motherfuckers got us.

I was in English Lit when it was announced. School was let out early and closed the following day.

Never forget!

I was working the Swing-shift...so I had just gotten up after sleeping from 12:30am to 7:30am.
I was watching NBC Today Show...(Back when I watched them).
I saw the second Jet hit live.

I was getting ready to go to work----which would have involved using the A TRAIN----the one that went directly under the WTC at "CHAMBERS STREET" I noticed from my window----a HUGE PLUMB OF WHITE SMOKE ascending from one of the TOWERS. Then the word over the TV news "WTC
struck by a plane". I thought "oh---a little piper cub plane from Teterboro airport (in jersey)" The pilot must have died" I thought it was otherwise OK---they will evacuate the building and put the fire out---then I saw the SECOND plane hit----WAR!!!!!

I was getting ready to go to work----which would have involved using the A TRAIN----the one that went directly under the WTC at "CHAMBERS STREET" I noticed from my window----a HUGE PLUMB OF WHITE SMOKE ascending from one of the TOWERS. Then the word over the TV news "WTC
struck by a plane". I thought "oh---a little piper cub plane from Teterboro airport (in jersey)" The pilot must have died" I thought it was otherwise OK---they will evacuate the building and put the fire out---then I saw the SECOND plane hit----WAR!!!!!

I was in a cabin 100 miles from any village or town. Heard about it on the radio. Shrugged and went hunting. Got a very nice moose. One of our group had been scheduled to fly out a day later but since that was no longer possible we settled in and the next day got another moose and several caribou. New York being what it is we figured it was a thinning of the liberal herd and a small initialk step toward urban renewal. Yes, the loss of human life (the few conservatives who happened to be in the buildings) was distressing. Well.....on balance.........it was a damn good hunt.

Oh, just to piss off a few more snowflakes, we hunted with GUNS!

Forum List

Back