Where Do YOU Stand On The Constitution?

Constitutional Repbublic: YES or NO

• I'm a Conservative FOR the Constitution.

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • I'm a Conservative OPPOSED to the Constitution.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm Middle of the Road FOR the Constitution.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I'm Middle of the Road who's ANTI-Constitution.

• I'm a Liberal FOR the Constitution.

• I'm a Liberal who believes the Constitution has served it's purpose. Time to go.

• I believe in keeping SOME aspects of the Constitution but changing other aspects.

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • I'd like to return to the original Bill of Rights prior to any changes.

• I'd like to see a purely Secular version of the Constitution.

• I'd like to see a more religious version of the Constitution.

• I'd like to see the Constitution do more to protect States' Rights.

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"Where Do YOU Stand On The Constitution?"

Where one 'stands' on the Constitution is irrelevant.

The only thing relevant is the fact that the Constitution exists only in the context of its case law, as determined by the Supreme Court, authorized by the doctrine of judicial review, and as codified by the Constitution in Articles III and VI.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion as to what the Constitution means, but he is not entitled to his own facts of Constitutional case law.

One is at liberty to disagree with the case law if he so desires, but he must also understand and accept the fact that Constitutional jurisprudence is the settled and accepted law of the land, binding on the states and citizens, until the Supreme Court rules otherwise.

Last, the Constitution is neither 'living' nor 'static,' it is the culmination of centuries of Anglo-American judicial tradition dating back to the Magna Carta and the Assizes of Henry II, and the doctrine of judicial review was practiced by Colonial courts for well over a century before the advent of the Foundation Era, where American citizens of the new Republic fully expected the courts to continue to review acts of Congress and the states and invalidate those offensive to the Founding Document.

You mention the Supreme Court as opposed to lower, Federal courts which should not have the power to overthrow the will of the People within the States. The founding fathers have provided us with much written documentation as to their underlying will which was a Federal government with limited power as well as a system of checks and balances. We currently have a court system than has run amok without a system currently in place to rein its Justices in. Their actions are out of line with the intent of the founding fathers and, thus, unconstitutional.
awesome...you totally dont get how our government works.....

Not only do I "get how it works" ... I get how it's supposed to work. Too bad you don't.

It has worked very well for over two hundred years so I'm good as is.

"Worked" is past tense. Will it still work when there are so many holes in it that it falls apart? Remember, each State has a Constitution as well. When a single Federal Judge is so powerful that he can completely ignore those Constitutions then what safeguards are in place to protect the Constitution of the USA?

Article III Judges were abolished in favor of federal agents who will act as apologists for the behemoth welfare/warfare police state.

You may pick two choices in this poll.

The Constitution: Should America remain a Constitutional Republic with the Constitution as our basic "Rule Of Law" or would you prefer to see a completely new form of government.

Please explain why a Constitutional Republic is the superior, governmental system or why it should be replaced with some other form of government. If the latter, detail what the new government would look like and why it would be superior.

We're the greatest country in the world, why would we want to change our constitution?

We just need to flush the teabag extremes and far-left down the toilet.

The Constitution: Should America remain a Constitutional Republic with the Constitution as our basic "Rule Of Law" or would you prefer to see a completely new form of government.

Please explain why a Constitutional Republic is the superior, governmental system or why it should be replaced with some other form of government. If the latter, detail what the new government would look like and why it would be superior.

We're the greatest country in the world, why would we want to change our constitution?

Just think that 30 seconds before hitting the iceberg the HMS Titanic was the largest and best ship in the world.

Welafre/warfare state policies are like an iceberg. Ask the Somalians,Look at the former USSR, Cuba, Venezuela, etc etc

The only thing relevant is the fact that the Constitution exists only in the context of its case law, as determined by the Supreme Court, authorized by the doctrine of judicial review, and as codified by the Constitution in Articles III and VI.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion as to what the Constitution means, but he is not entitled to his own facts of Constitutional case law.

One is at liberty to disagree with the case law if he so desires, but he must also understand and accept the fact that Constitutional jurisprudence is the settled and accepted law of the land, binding on the states and citizens, until the Supreme Court rules otherwise.

Last, the Constitution is neither 'living' nor 'static,' it is the culmination of centuries of Anglo-American judicial tradition dating back to the Magna Carta and the Assizes of Henry II, and the doctrine of judicial review was practiced by Colonial courts for well over a century before the advent of the Foundation Era, where American citizens of the new Republic fully expected the courts to continue to review acts of Congress and the states and invalidate those offensive to the Founding Document.

You mention the Supreme Court as opposed to lower, Federal courts which should not have the power to overthrow the will of the People within the States. The founding fathers have provided us with much written documentation as to their underlying will which was a Federal government with limited power as well as a system of checks and balances. We currently have a court system than has run amok without a system currently in place to rein its Justices in. Their actions are out of line with the intent of the founding fathers and, thus, unconstitutional.
awesome...you totally dont get how our government works.....

Not only do I "get how it works" ... I get how it's supposed to work. Too bad you don't.
it would seem you don't.
You cant vote away rights. not how this country works dipshit.
furthermore Federal law trumps state law.

We have to be careful of activist judges. They may want to change the constitution through their misinterpretations. It should be changed only by the will of the people.

That's only true when the Constitution authorizes Congress to make that particular Federal law.

If the Fed govt makes a law to, say, require states to support Federal socialized medicine, and a state refuses and takes the Feds to court, the judge must find in favor of the states, since the Federal government has no Constitutional authority to impose a socialized medical program (such as Obamacare), on the states.

The 10th amendment states that, in such a case, the authority to implement a government medical program or insurance program rests with the states, and is forbidden to the Federal government.

The 10th amendment is, needless to say, one of the most-violated parts of the Constitution.

We're rapidly losing that status. We were "great" when we were moral. That is ... when we were "one nation UNDER God." Now that we've effectively kicked God out of the picture are "greatness" is in the hands of inept, pompous, narcissists. How long do you think THAT will last?

That's only true when the Constitution authorizes Congress to make that particular Federal law.

If the Fed govt makes a law to, say, require states to support Federal socialized medicine, and a state refuses and takes the Feds to court, the judge must find in favor of the states, since the Federal government has no Constitutional authority to impose a socialized medical program (such as Obamacare), on the states.

The 10th amendment states that, in such a case, the authority to implement a government medical program or insurance program rests with the states, and is forbidden to the Federal government.

The 10th amendment is, needless to say, one of the most-violated parts of the Constitution.
again all state laws can not go past any federal law on the books. They can adhere to the same standard or Level that the current law is.

again all state laws can not go past any federal law on the books. They can adhere to the same standard or Level that the current law is.

What's unconstitutional is when a judge overrules a State law that DOESN'T go against the U.S. Constitution. For example, the constitution doesn't specifically protect perversion. So when a State passes a law disallowing specific perverse acts then a Federal Justice has no business overturning that law.

What's unconstitutional is when a judge overrules a State law that DOESN'T go against the U.S. Constitution. For example, the constitution doesn't specifically protect perversion. So when a State passes a law disallowing specific perverse acts then a Federal Justice has no business overturning that law.
shut up you moron.....seriously just shut up....Perversions...Fucking morons fucking up this nation with their bigoted stupidity.
you stupid fuck....your argument would be laughed out of every court in this nation.....Perversion.

What exactly is a "Repbublic"?

:rofl:

Actually, it is helping those people who need help

An idea that enrages libertarians
Of course it does, the government is NOT supposed to have the authority to steal from "A" in order to support "B".

.A WELFARE STATE = GOVERNMENT BUY THE PEOPLE
Nobody steals from A to support B

We the people elect representatives who decide how much taxes should be collected and how they should be spent
Try reading the Constitution
Bullshit.

I do not want to feed you , I do not want to clothe you, I do not want to insure you and I do not want to quench your thirst. So how do we stop that? How do we stop welfare state politicians from catering to your parasitic urges in exchange for your vote?

Then you need to elect representatives who believe as you do......don't ya?

No politician would be elected - or considered "electable" who fails or refuses to cater to the parasitic elem which constitutes 47 to 50% of the electorate. I suspect that we will need a massive bloody revolution to stop the racket.

So you can't get the votes and must resort to violence

Spoken like a true libertarian

"Worked" is past tense. Will it still work when there are so many holes in it that it falls apart? Remember, each State has a Constitution as well. When a single Federal Judge is so powerful that he can completely ignore those Constitutions then what safeguards are in place to protect the Constitution of the USA?
Guess which one has priority

Guess which one has priority
Constitutional Convention would end all this Judaical activism and Federal Government over reach.

What exactly is a "Repbublic"?

:rofl:
Dumb ass since you wrote the word you can tell us what it is.

Forum List

Back