What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When you vote for the lesser of two evils....

Charles_Main

AR15 Owner
Joined
Jun 23, 2008
Messages
16,692
Reaction score
2,248
Points
88
Location
Michigan, USA
you're still supporting evil, yes?

unfortunately yes, However I would point out that one of the 2 Evils is going to win no matter what you do, so by voting for the lesser evil you are doing your part to avoid subjecting us to what you view as the worse evil.

The way our system works, even if 95% of us decided not to vote because we did not like either Candidate enough, the other 5% would still vote, and one of the 2 would win. So IMO not voting at all, when there is a choice between bad and worse is just as bad as Voting for the worst one.
 
Last edited:

Oddball

Unobtanium Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2009
Messages
79,009
Reaction score
54,260
Points
2,615
Location
Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
I refuse to vote between going to hell on the interstate versus taking the 2-lane.
 

eflatminor

Classical Liberal
Joined
May 24, 2011
Messages
10,644
Reaction score
1,668
Points
245

peach174

Gold Member
Gold Supporting Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2010
Messages
26,438
Reaction score
6,989
Points
290
Location
S.E. AZ
Yes, It's still voteing for evil and I have been sick of it for the last 30 years.
Going to hell in the fast lane vs. going to hell in the slow lane.
 

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2008
Messages
84,532
Reaction score
16,081
Points
2,180
I'm voting for ABO and that's the facts Jack.
 

The T

George S. Patton Party
Joined
May 24, 2009
Messages
48,082
Reaction score
5,533
Points
1,773
Location
What USED TO BE A REPUBLIC RUN BY TYRANTS
Question remains...when are people going to start thinking for themselves and refuse to allow the media and pundits pick the nominees?
 

The T

George S. Patton Party
Joined
May 24, 2009
Messages
48,082
Reaction score
5,533
Points
1,773
Location
What USED TO BE A REPUBLIC RUN BY TYRANTS

eflatminor

Classical Liberal
Joined
May 24, 2011
Messages
10,644
Reaction score
1,668
Points
245
you're still supporting evil, yes?

Sure but I'm voting for Ron Paul. No evil there.

Assuming he's not the nominee, you'll write him in?

That will depend on the nominee. Of course, who I consider evil may differ dramatically what who another considers evil. Hell, I don't consider President Obama evil, just another meddler that thinks he knows what's best for others. Come to think of it, that is evil. Never mind.
 

OODA_Loop

Account Terminated
Joined
Aug 24, 2011
Messages
8,495
Reaction score
677
Points
175
Location
Lubyanka
If things which do not meet your approval are deemed evil.

Yes.
 

Cuyo

Training a Guineapig army
Joined
Feb 17, 2010
Messages
5,681
Reaction score
992
Points
98
Location
Denver, PA

Toro

Diamond Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2005
Messages
89,527
Reaction score
28,010
Points
2,250
Location
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
Perry v Obama

Dumb v Clueless
 

Paulie

Diamond Member
Joined
May 19, 2007
Messages
40,769
Reaction score
6,374
Points
1,830
you're still supporting evil, yes?

unfortunately yes, However I would point out that one of the 2 Evils is going to win no matter what you do, so by voting for the lesser evil you are doing your part to avoid subjecting us to what you view as the worse evil.

The way our system works, even if 95% of us decided not to vote because we did not like either Candidate enough, the other 5% would still vote, and one of the 2 would win. So IMO not voting at all, when there is a choice between bad and worse is just as bad as Voting for the worst one.

It's pathetic that you've already decided that it'll be 2 evils in the general.

Grow a pair.
 

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$120.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List

Top