When Will The Left Finally Shut Up?

The question is….in what direction are they moving?
China has a long reliance on coal. It has led to severe air pollution.

But as I pointed out. China recognizes it has a severe problem and is dealing with it through rapid investment in new technology.

But China has an advantage we don’t. They don’t have to deal with a Republican Party fighting to keep them in the Stone Age
No. That is not the question. China pollutes ten times what the US pollutes. Get back to us when China breaks even with us.

No. That is not the question. China pollutes ten times what the US pollutes. Get back to us when China breaks even with us.

So your solution is to do nothing until we are as bad as China
Seems like a childish response.

China is cutting back on their emissions. They have no choice.
The US cannot afford to wait for them

The earth will benefit

So your solution is to do nothing until we are as bad as China
Seems like a childish response.

China is cutting back on their emissions. They have no choice.
The US cannot afford to wait for them

The earth will benefit
While China is polluting 10 times more than the US and India pollutes similarly, how can the US realistically fight world pollution?

1628720795846.png

The US doesn't even crack the top 30 most polluted cities of the world.

While China is polluting 10 times more than the US and India pollutes similarly, how can the US realistically fight world pollution?
Easy, we do our part and provide economic incentives for them to do their part.

Doesn’t justify the US doing nothing

I'm not against doing reasonable things. The trouble is, the left are all about doing unreasonable things. We shouldn't purposely put people out of work, and that means you don't fire coal mining jobs in West Virginia and tell these people that there are windfarm jobs open in California. We don't demand much of anything from businesses to foot unreasonable costs, and we don't add even more onto our already massive debt. And, we don't make more sacrifices to make up for what India, China, and other countries don't do.

Well, it depends what you mean by "unreasonable", doesn't it?

Shell just paid out $111 million for a Nigerian oil spill in the 1970s. Clearly Shell thinks it's "unreasonable" to have to clean up after an oil spill. They like other people wallowing in their dirt.

Other people think that you should clean up after yourselves.

That when you do something, you should weigh in the costs of being clean.

The US is one of the worst polluters per capita. Yes, China produces the most pollution, but A) a lot of this pollution goes to producing things for countries like the US in the first place and B) per capita it's about 50th in the world for CO2 emissions, and is HALF that of the US's 15.7. (China has 7.7)

Read another article today about how we are all doomed. Climate change has become close to irreversible. We have hurricanes every year. We have earthquakes every year. We have record high temps every year. We have record low temps every year. We have flooding every year. We have record snowfalls every year. We have forest fires every year.

Anyway, it got me wondering, the left have been saying we are doomed time and time and time again for years and I wondered at what point they would just shut up. I mean, if scientists conclude that Climate Change is irreversible and that we are past the point of no return, will they finally just shut up and let us live our lives until we all burn to death or freeze to death or drown in flooding? Or, even after the point of no return, will they still be trying to get us to get rid of planes, trains, and automobiles, wear animal skin clothes, get rid of air conditioning and heat, eliminate farting cows, and spend trillions and trillions of dollars fighting a war that they have already declared is over?

They have no shame, no moral compass and besides the IPCC Admitting it's not about climate anyway. It's about control and Communism

Easy, we do our part and provide economic incentives for them to do their part.

Doesn’t justify the US doing nothing
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is EXACTLY It! Spot on. We currently owe over 28 trillion dollars. Double that with what we do to fight Climate Change and then triple that to provide the bribes for India and China. How much blackmail do you think we should pay India and China to comply with Climate Change? Do you have a limit as to how much you will bribe them with or is the sky the limit? Meanwhile we bankrupt ourselves and print so much money that our dollar becomes useless to us but China and India start bathing in US dollars.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is EXACTLY It! Spot on. We currently owe over 28 trillion dollars. Double that with what we do to fight Climate Change and then triple that to provide the bribes for India and China. How much blackmail do you think we should pay India and China to comply with Climate Change? Do you have a limit as to how much you will bribe them with or is the sky the limit? Meanwhile we bankrupt ourselves and print so much money that our dollar becomes useless to us but China and India start bathing in US dollars.
Versus doing nothing? You sound like a spiteful grade schooler.

View attachment 524497

The US doesn't even crack the top 30 most polluted cities of the world.

China produces HALF what the US produces per capita. It also produces a lot of the stuff the US uses, but the US has it made abroad so it doesn't get the pollution at home.

China does have pollution issues, but it's reducing these every year. It's actually putting lots of money into clean energy.

India is a poor country. They have polluted cities, which don't help when the dust storms come through, but the US produces 15.7 t CO2 per capita. China produces 7.7 and India produces 1.8.

So, actually the US is way up there. It's pretty obvious people want to try and avoid having to do anything.

China produces HALF what the US produces per capita. It also produces a lot of the stuff the US uses, but the US has it made abroad so it doesn't get the pollution at home.

China does have pollution issues, but it's reducing these every year. It's actually putting lots of money into clean energy.

India is a poor country. They have polluted cities, which don't help when the dust storms come through, but the US produces 15.7 t CO2 per capita. China produces 7.7 and India produces 1.8.

So, actually the US is way up there. It's pretty obvious people want to try and avoid having to do anything.
Don't give me any of that per capita crap. Not only is China a much, much larger polluter than the US, but India is ever far worse. Per capita doesn't count. What counts is the amount of CO2 getting pumped into the atmosphere. You guys couldn't be honest about Climate Change if you tried.

What you present is misleading since America emissions have DECLINED since at least 2011 and almost flat since 1990.

China currently emits TWICE what America emits.

CO2 emissions

and,

List of countries by carbon dioxide emissions

Do your homework.

11 to go

Don't give me any of that per capita crap. Not only is China a much, much larger polluter than the US, but India is ever far worse. Per capita doesn't count. What counts is the amount of CO2 getting pumped into the atmosphere. You guys couldn't be honest about Climate Change if you tried.

Yeah, don't give you something inconvenient for you. Yeah, you want it all someone else's fault.

Per capita COUNTS. The size of a country isn't the issue here. The amount of pollution per person DOES.

You want honesty? No you don't.

You want to be able to pollute to your hearts content and you want other people to do the cleaning up. It's clear.

Yeah, don't give you something inconvenient for you. Yeah, you want it all someone else's fault.

Per capita COUNTS. The size of a country isn't the issue here. The amount of pollution per person DOES.

You want honesty? No you don't.

You want to be able to pollute to your hearts content and you want other people to do the cleaning up. It's clear.
I thought you were worried about the environment? I thought you were worried about CO2 emissions, you know, greenhouse gases? Why would you attack the US while defending China, who pollutes ten times more than the US does and India is far worse than China? The Earth doesn't care about the population of countries. All the Earth knows is that out of the top 30 most polluted cities of the world, zero are in the US, and India and China hold the majority of those 30. Why do you defend them but attack the US for not doing enough?

I thought you were worried about the environment? I thought you were worried about CO2 emissions, you know, greenhouse gases? Why would you attack the US while defending China, who pollutes ten times more than the US does and India is far worse than China? The Earth doesn't care about the population of countries. All the Earth knows is that out of the top 30 most polluted cities of the world, zero are in the US, and India and China hold the majority of those 30. Why do you defend them but attack the US for not doing enough?

I'm sorry if you're seeing what I'm trying to say in simplistic terms.

I'm not attacking the US. I'm attacking YOU.

You're trying to divert attention away from the US and put it onto China and India. Why? Well, it appears to be to be a clear case of self interest over anything else.

Why attack the US? Well, because it's one of the worst per capita CO2 emissions in the world.

The US is joint 16th in the world. It means each person, on average, produces 15.7 tons of CO2 per year.

This is in comparison with the Chinese where it's 7.7 tons per person and India where it's 1.8 tons per person.

And not only this, China produces stuff for the US market, lots of stuff for the US market, so the US doesn't have to pollute it's own backyard.

This isn't me saying China shouldn't do more. This isn't me saying India shouldn't do more. It's me saying that you argument sucks balls because you're trying to claim the US shouldn't do anything and India and China should do it all.

China is getting 24.35% of it's energy from renewable sources.
The US is getting 14.7% of its energy from renewable sources.
India is getting 18.06%.

So, the reality is India, a poor, poor country, is getting a higher percentage of its energy from renewable energy than one of the richest countries on the planet.

What does that say?

I'm sorry if you're seeing what I'm trying to say in simplistic terms.

I'm not attacking the US. I'm attacking YOU.

You're trying to divert attention away from the US and put it onto China and India. Why? Well, it appears to be to be a clear case of self interest over anything else.

Why attack the US? Well, because it's one of the worst per capita CO2 emissions in the world.

The US is joint 16th in the world. It means each person, on average, produces 15.7 tons of CO2 per year.

This is in comparison with the Chinese where it's 7.7 tons per person and India where it's 1.8 tons per person.

And not only this, China produces stuff for the US market, lots of stuff for the US market, so the US doesn't have to pollute it's own backyard.

This isn't me saying China shouldn't do more. This isn't me saying India shouldn't do more. It's me saying that you argument sucks balls because you're trying to claim the US shouldn't do anything and India and China should do it all.

China is getting 24.35% of it's energy from renewable sources.
The US is getting 14.7% of its energy from renewable sources.
India is getting 18.06%.

So, the reality is India, a poor, poor country, is getting a higher percentage of its energy from renewable energy than one of the richest countries on the planet.

What does that say?
LOL. Seriously? You admit that China and India both pollute far, far more than the US and you post this nonsense?

LOL. Seriously? You admit that China and India both pollute far, far more than the US and you post this nonsense?

You really aren't interested in reality are you?

I can't be bothered. If you want to be ignorant, be my guess, but don't waste my time with your pointless crap.

Bye

You really aren't interested in reality are you?

I can't be bothered. If you want to be ignorant, be my guess, but don't waste my time with your pointless crap.

Bye
The reality is that the US doesn't even crack the top 30 most polluted cities while India and China both pollute far, far more than the US. I mean it's not even in the same ballpark. It is YOU who do not accept reality. Why are you a denier?

The reality is that the US doesn't even crack the top 30 most polluted cities while India and China both pollute far, far more than the US. I mean it's not even in the same ballpark. It is YOU who do not accept reality. Why are you a denier?

No, it doesn't. China's cities are more polluted than US cities. But China as a whole produces less CO2 emissions per capita than the US.

The difference is that the Chinese are cramming into cities. You have 40 or 50 story apartment complexes. A city of 8 million people in the US will be much, much, much larger than an 8 million city in China.

New York City has a population of 8.8 million people at a density of 10,716.36/km2
Chengdu has a population of 11 million people at a density of 13,000/km2

New York is 1,212.60 km2
Chengdu is 885.61 km2

See the difference? 2.2 million people more in an area 300 km2 smaller. It's going to be more polluted. And yes, coal powered plants are near the big cities. So they get more pollution. But the US has loads more cars, for example, which pollute massively.

China is getting pollution down while growing, which is an achievement.

India is just a poor country. Get to the countryside and it's clean air. Cities are polluted because that's where all the industry happens. But they still have much less pollution per capita.

No, it doesn't. China's cities are more polluted than US cities. But China as a whole produces less CO2 emissions per capita than the US.

The difference is that the Chinese are cramming into cities. You have 40 or 50 story apartment complexes. A city of 8 million people in the US will be much, much, much larger than an 8 million city in China.

New York City has a population of 8.8 million people at a density of 10,716.36/km2
Chengdu has a population of 11 million people at a density of 13,000/km2

New York is 1,212.60 km2
Chengdu is 885.61 km2

See the difference? 2.2 million people more in an area 300 km2 smaller. It's going to be more polluted. And yes, coal powered plants are near the big cities. So they get more pollution. But the US has loads more cars, for example, which pollute massively.

China is getting pollution down while growing, which is an achievement.

India is just a poor country. Get to the countryside and it's clean air. Cities are polluted because that's where all the industry happens. But they still have much less pollution per capita.
The Earth doesn't give a damn about per capita. China pollutes more than 10 times what the US does and India is even much higher than that. Are you worried about green house gases or not?

Forum List

Back