When the Collapse Comes...

Factually incorrect.

I have my go bag plus extras that my training an experience tells me is important. More food, games to occupy the mind, etc...

I have the unique perspective of being part of the response apparatus for my employer.

However, if someone is going to look to their right and see trucks handing out bottled water and other commodities and look to their left and see woods and a bunch of guys on four wheelers and decides that they are going to see how great it is in the woods because there is a line...there isn't much that can (and in my opinion should) be done to stop them.

I'll be happy to share. How much? As supplies run out, yes you taper your sharing; as I've said time and again in this thread.
Go back to the OP...I won't act like that. Ever. Enevitably in our ready drills, people have shown up with bags that didn't have the necessities for the 72 hour period. I'm happy to share with them.

You have continued to ignore what people have actually said, especially concerning going into the boonies.

So you will share, but will taper your sharing as supplies run low? In other words, hold back enough to take care of you and yours? Kinda like what I was saying?

Saw this yesterday:
I'm just curious; you preppers out there who insist the world is coming to an end and are arming yourself to wart off the hordes of people coming for you Cocoa Puffs...are you going to tell your neighbor "Go fuck yourself" if they knock on your door?

You don't sound curious. You sound like a close-minded intolerant who is baiting. There is a difference. And your context is all hosed up....but lets go with it for the sake of conversation...

"Preppers" don't insist on anything. They are not intruding on your life at all. The are responding, generally speaking, to the "insistence" and "intrusion" of government into THEIR lives. Perhaps you cannot see the difference.

And it is ward, not "wart."

Perhaps "hordes" might be correct, since the progressive danger in our society is pitting the haves against the have-nots, which is a disgrace and a terminal disease.

To call private property as "Cocoa Puffs" only serves to diminish yourself and exposes your ignorance of the confiscatory nature of our ever-expanding federal government at the expense, as you say, of a silly and unhealthy breakfast cereal, ah hem, I mean our liberty. Perhaps you have no idea what I'm talking about....

And now we come to the heart of your weak post....will I tell my neighbors to "F off" when they come begging for my "Cocoa Puffs?" Well, you just insinuated that my "Cocoa Puffs" are insignificant, right? So why would they come for them? You demean my private property, but expect it to be available to the likes of you?

I'm afraid not.......

You don't sound curious. You sound like a close-minded intolerant who is baiting. There is a difference. And your context is all hosed up....but lets go with it for the sake of conversation...

"Preppers" don't insist on anything. They are not intruding on your life at all. The are responding, generally speaking, to the "insistence" and "intrusion" of government into THEIR lives. Perhaps you cannot see the difference.

Perhaps "hordes" might be correct, since the progressive danger in our society is pitting the haves against the have-nots, which is a disgrace and a terminal disease.

To call private property as "Cocoa Puffs" only serves to diminish yourself and exposes your ignorance of the confiscatory nature of our ever-expanding federal government at the expense, as you say, of a silly and unhealthy breakfast cereal, ah hem, I mean our liberty. Perhaps you have no idea what I'm talking about....

And now we come to the heart of your weak post....will I tell my neighbors to "F off" when they come begging for my "Cocoa Puffs?" Well, you just insinuated that my "Cocoa Puffs" are insignificant, right? So why would they come for them? You demean my private property, but expect it to be available to the likes of you?

I'm afraid not.......

Great post. Right on the money. Well said.

I'm afraid not.......

It does appear that many on the Left do not fear government. In fact, many appear to admire and promote an ever expanding, ever more tyrannical government. Ignoring everything history informs about government...those who fail to learn from history...is very applicable to many Americans.

So after 72 hours the gov't will no longer be doing any of those things? Why?

???

Two unrelated phenomenon. We're told by the local response professionals to be self-sufficient for 72 hours. During which they will focus on urban search/rescue, medical epidemiology if there is a public health threat, threat assessment, etc... The police need to focus on public safety and continuity operations.

After 72 hours, they will provide whatever support to the hospitals that is required. Our punch list will be complete at approximately the 60 hour mark.

What you're talking about is the public health function. I doubt that the Local Healthcare Authority will still be doing restaurant inspections if there is a large collapse of services.It depends. If anything, it will likely start up after 72 hours,not cease.

Why would Walgreens or CVS not have antibiotics?

And what sort of infection would my daughter have in her arm? Does it work so fast that I have no time to get her to a dr?

Rule #1 is to allocate resources to where they do the most good.

Sanofi makes fluzone. If we have a H5N1 outbreak...a serious outbreak...I would expect the government to declare an emergency and start offering inoculations. I'm not sure that is the plan but I expect it.

I'm not sure what agreement s Walgreens or CVS has with Sanofi but I can guarantee you that Sanofi will give the CDC the first crack at it's inventory. The same thing happened with Hepatitis vaccine during Desert Shield/War back in the 1990's. Wholesalers were going to Mexico to purchase the goods at something like a 1500% mark-up.

As for infections, don't know. There is a gestation period in some as to where when you see symptoms...it's too late. You could be infected now and not know it until September.

Why risk being so far away from the public health support structures that, with you, helped keep her healthy thus far?

You have continued to ignore what people have actually said, especially concerning going into the boonies.

So you will share, but will taper your sharing as supplies run low? In other words, hold back enough to take care of you and yours? Kinda like what I was saying?

Your defense of the "I have mine, fuck you" (I mentioned it in the first post for Christ sake) crowd is something you'll have to live with.

Your defense of the "I have mine, fuck you" (I mentioned it in the first post for Christ sake) crowd is something you'll have to live with.

Walk up to a table in a restaurant and ask the people for their food. See how that works out.

People will always look out for their own family and friends first. To imagine otherwise is...silly.

I defend the same way you just did. YOu said you will taper your sharing. Obviously you would not be giving away food your family needed.

Hey dude with the hot chick as an avatar called candycorn, please respond to and address my reply to your post above. Thank you.

Walk up to a table in a restaurant and ask the people for their food. See how that works out.

People will always look out for their own family and friends first. To imagine otherwise is...silly.
I defend the same way you just did. YOu said you will taper your sharing. Obviously you would not be giving away food your family needed.

Yeah dude...I said that like 40 pages ago.

Of course I also would give what I could; not tell the person to GFT.

It does appear that many on the Left do not fear government. In fact, many appear to admire and promote an ever expanding, ever more tyrannical government. Ignoring everything history informs about government...those who fail to learn from history...is very applicable to many Americans.

If you're speaking of extremes....

Government has rules. The collective of preppers in good ol' Dixie does not.

If you have to rely on one or the other, I'd prefer the one that has stated rules. The preppers think they can go it alone and straddle the line between the two. More power to them. I'm just saying don't be a jerk when it comes to sharing 1/365 of your supplies one day.

Really? Looks like a horse face to me..

Got hay?

-Geaux

You really felt the need to post an insult of someone whom you never met, will never meet, and most likely will never meet anyone who has ever met her?

Just out of the blue...no context or anything.

You really felt the need to post an insult of someone whom you never met, will never meet, and most likely will never meet anyone who has ever met her?

Just out of the blue...no context or anything.

Yes, accurately stated.

-Geaux

And you wonder why guys like you keep losing national elections. Look in the mirror.

Like me? I'm not affiliated with traditional parties. We are to busy trying to purge our own before we can even think about a National run

-Geaux

Saw this yesterday:

I'm just curious; you preppers out there who insist the world is coming to an end and are arming yourself to wart off the hordes of people coming for you Cocoa Puffs...are you going to tell your neighbor "Go fuck yourself" if they knock on your door?

I'm afraid not.......

What do you want me to respond to? How you equate food with liberty? Pretty dumb.

I agree about the "pretty dumb" thing..... To help you along with your own topic/thread, I've pasted it above. YOU equated my private property to a breakfast cereal. You declared "preppers" are "insisting" on something rather than acknowledge they are merely and naturally responding to others who insist on intruding into their natural liberty. I challenged your assertions, and now you play "pretty dumb?" Unless you are "pretty dumb," you know exactly what I want you to respond to.....

Forum List

Back