Zone1 When Do You Think Jesus Will Return?

I imagine Jesus would probably appear in China or India …..that is where most the people are

Why would she appear in a country that already is Christian?

If Jesus appears in a Muslim country, she would probably be executed for heresy

Muslims revere Jesus.

It is clear that Jesus has spoken of his second coming :

Matthew 24:27, 30
27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Matthew 25:31
31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

It is also clear that Jesus appeared unto his Apostles after his death showing them his resurrected body of flesh and bones:

Luke 24:36-39
36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

It is also clear that Jesus taught that upon his resurrection that he was alive forever more. Death is the separation of the body from the spirit. If Jesus was alive forever more, he would never again be separated from his resurrected body.

Revelation 1:17-18
17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Thus the only way for Jesus to come at his second coming is with his resurrected body of flesh and bones.

Alma 11:45
45 Now, behold, I have spoken unto you concerning the death of the mortal body, and also concerning the resurrection of the mortal body. I say unto you that this mortal body is raised to an immortal body, that is from death, even from the first death unto life, that they can die no more; their spirits uniting with their bodies, never to be divided; thus the whole becoming spiritual and immortal, that they can no more see corruption.

1 Corinthians 15:52-55
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
Revelation is a letter to the 7 churches and says it will be soon... Within a generation.

I think Jesus will probably return on his birthday. I’m just not sure what year it will be.
Lot's of folks on this thread are having fun w/ conjecture, but there's a lot of good stuff in the Bible --why nobody cares just baffles me. For instance, are u aware that there's no Christmas or December 25 in the Bible? All that stuff is tradition that got slapped on later.

Revelation is a letter to the 7 churches and says it will be soon... Within a generation.
That may be a bit controversial, but personally I found Matthew 24 a LOT more helpful. It was (to me) pretty clear, the disciples asked about the Return/end of times and Jesus answered.

Of course on this thread everyone seems to have their fondly held beliefs and the Bible has to wait in line...

Lot's of folks on this thread are having fun w/ conjecture, but there's a lot of good stuff in the Bible --why nobody cares just baffles me. For instance, are u aware that there's no Christmas or December 25 in the Bible? All that stuff is tradition that got slapped on later.
Well..yeah, facts take a distant 2nd to belief, in most cases. Jesus was probably born in the Spring.

The Christian church we know today bears little resemblance to the early church founded by the Disciples of Jesus.

Early Christians were closer to The Society of Friends--Quakers. They believed in total non-violence, and the rejection of most things worldly.
This did not sit well with the Romans..thus..Christians and lions.

Once Christianity became the State Church of Rome...things changed quickly..they subsumed the Roman Religion into Christianity, turned Gods into Saints, dropped that pesky non-violence thing---and went on to conquer the world. Along the way--the church pursued a policy of renaming old holy days and taking them for their own. Thus Yule became Christmas..as did the many Winter solstice celebrations. A holy tree..now where in Christianity is that found eh? Mistletoe grows on the holy oak...how did that find its way into a Christmas celebration?

Easter....well, those pesky fertility Gods and Goddesses do seem to find a way--a rabbit that lays eggs? I wonder how many have reflected on the thematic similarity between the Resurrection..and the eternal renewal of Spring.

Spring brings rebirth..so perhaps Jesus is always returning...and then shaking his head, 'Nope--not ready yet'.

That may be a bit controversial, but personally I found Matthew 24 a LOT more helpful. It was (to me) pretty clear, the disciples asked about the Return/end of times and Jesus answered.

Of course on this thread everyone seems to have their fondly held beliefs and the Bible has to wait in line...

Controversial? It says what it says.. believe whatever you want, but don't blame scripture. Revelation is perfectly clear.

Well..yeah, facts take a distant 2nd to belief, in most cases. Jesus was probably born in the Spring.

The Christian church we know today bears little resemblance to the early church founded by the Disciples of Jesus.

Early Christians were closer to The Society of Friends--Quakers. They believed in total non-violence, and the rejection of most things worldly.
This did not sit well with the Romans..thus..Christians and lions.

Once Christianity became the State Church of Rome...things changed quickly..they subsumed the Roman Religion into Christianity, turned Gods into Saints, dropped that pesky non-violence thing---and went on to conquer the world. Along the way--the church pursued a policy of renaming old holy days and taking them for their own. Thus Yule became Christmas..as did the many Winter solstice celebrations. A holy tree..now where in Christianity is that found eh? Mistletoe grows on the holy oak...how did that find its way into a Christmas celebration?

Easter....well, those pesky fertility Gods and Goddesses do seem to find a way--a rabbit that lays eggs? I wonder how many have reflected on the thematic similarity between the Resurrection..and the eternal renewal of Spring.

Spring brings rebirth..so perhaps Jesus is always returning...and then shaking his head, 'Nope--not ready yet'.

In Palestine the lambing season is earlier.. from late December through first of February.

Jesus never said he would return in the flesh. Is that what you're expecting?
I think he already missed the boat ( or ark ). He was never good at tiny things; look what happened right after the big celebration for him in Jerusalem.

It doesnt say either way flesh or spirit. But he will return with the voice of the archangel-1Thess 4:16

There's no mention of Armageddon in revelation. The plain of Megiddo is where the foreign armies that fought with the Roman garrisons assembled in 66 AD.

Any ideas? Will it be in our lifetimes or not? I already know that nobody except God knows for sure, but I sort of think it will be in my lifetime and I also sort of think that the world has gotten way too crazy at the moment for Him to come back. Btw, how can Jesus not know the time but God the Father did? Wasn't Jesus God in human flesh?

If they did to you what they did to Jesus, would you come back?

No, but that's what the Bible says and I'm not Jesus. I don't have His love, understanding, and forgiveness.

Controversial? It says what it says.. believe whatever you want, but don't blame scripture. Revelation is perfectly clear.
We may be having a language problem here. The word "controversy" is usually defined thus--

controversy
kŏn′trə-vûr″sē

noun

1. A dispute, especially a public one, between sides holding opposing views.
  2. The act or practice of engaging in such disputes.
  3. Disputation; debate; agitation of contrary opinions; a formal or prolonged debate; dispute.

You said that "Revelation is a letter to the 7 churches and says it will be soon... Within a generation." OK, so maybe somewhere in Revelation is something that "suggests" what u said, but your exact words aren't in any translation that I've been able to find. Hey, I'm not disagreeing w/ u, I'm pointing out that there are a lot of folks who don't agree w/ what u said and that's what most people would call 'controversy'.

The Christian church we know today bears little resemblance to the early church founded by the Disciples of Jesus....
Of course there are a lot of Christians w/ a lot of different ways of doing things, I'd bet there are a lot that would agree w/ what ur saying.
There are different points of view on that. I'll never forget a historian that once said Pacifica has killed a lot more people than her ugly sister Belica, iow pacifists have spawned a lot more wars than war mongers.

...Once Christianity became the State Church of Rome...things changed quickly..they subsumed the Roman Religion into Christianity, turned Gods into Saints, dropped that pesky non-violence thing---and went on to conquer the world. Along the way--the church pursued a policy of renaming old holy days and taking them for their own. Thus Yule became Christmas..as did the many Winter solstice celebrations. A holy tree..now where in Christianity is that found eh? Mistletoe grows on the holy oak...how did that find its way into a Christmas celebration?

It's what people do and people are good. Meanwhile you and I can simply remember what is in the Bible and what's not.
The Bible specifically says that the night Jesus was born the shepherds were out watching their flocks. Spring mating season is the only time of the year shepherds watch their flocks at night.

Considering what they did to Him last time He was here, He'd be crazy to come back again.
You speak as if Jesus will come back again as he was when he came the first time. When Jesus comes his second time, he will come in the glory of his kingdom and will save the righteous and destroy the wicked from off the face of the earth. He will burn them with the fire of his presence.

Malachi 4:1-3
1 For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the Lord of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.

2 ¶ But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.

3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the Lord of hosts.

The Lord will come in all his glory and power and will avenge the world of its wickedness. For a thousand years He will reign on the earth.

Revelation 20:4
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

You speak as if Jesus will come back again as he was when he came the first time. When Jesus comes his second time, he will come in the glory of his kingdom and will save the righteous and destroy the wicked from off the face of the earth. He will burn them with the fire of his presence.

Malachi 4:1-3
1 For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the Lord of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.

2 ¶ But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.

3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the Lord of hosts.

The Lord will come in all his glory and power and will avenge the world of its wickedness. For a thousand years He will reign on the earth.

Revelation 20:4
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
Yes, you are well indoctrinated in religious dogma. I believe we are getting close to the destruction of this world but it will be by the hands of man against his brother. God's will have nothing to do with it.

There's no mention of Armageddon in revelation. The plain of Megiddo is where the foreign armies that fought with the Roman garrisons assembled in 66 AD.

The Battle of Armageddon: A Prophetic View

The Battle of Armageddon will end with Christ coming and setting his foot upon the Mount of Olives and destroying the armies assembled against the Jews. That didn't happen in 66 A.D. or any other year there after.

Zechariah 14
CHAPTER 14

At His Second Coming, the Lord will fight for Israel—His feet will stand upon the Mount of Olives—He will be King over all the earth—Plagues will destroy the wicked.

1 Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
3 Then shall the Lord go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
4 ¶ And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the Lord my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.
6 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark:
7 But it shall be one day which shall be known to the Lord, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light.
8 And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.
9 And the Lord shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one Lord, and his name one.
10 All the land shall be turned as a plain from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem: and it shall be lifted up, and inhabited in her place, from Benjamin’s gate unto the place of the first gate, unto the corner gate, and from the tower of Hananeel unto the king’s winepresses.
11 And men shall dwell in it, and there shall be no more utter destruction; but Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited.
12 ¶ And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.
13 And it shall come to pass in that day, that a great tumult from the Lord shall be among them; and they shall lay hold every one on the hand of his neighbour, and his hand shall rise up against the hand of his neighbour.
14 And Judah also shall fight at Jerusalem; and the wealth of all the heathen round about shall be gathered together, gold, and silver, and apparel, in great abundance.
15 And so shall be the plague of the horse, of the mule, of the camel, and of the ass, and of all the beasts that shall be in these tents, as this plague.
16 ¶ And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.
17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.
18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the Lord will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
20 In that day shall there be upon the bells of the horses, HOLINESS UNTO THE LORD; and the pots in the Lord’s house shall be like the bowls before the altar.
21 Yea, every pot in Jerusalem and in Judah shall be holiness unto the Lord of hosts: and all they that sacrifice shall come and take of them, and seethe therein: and in that day there shall be no more the Canaanite in the house of the Lord of hosts.

Forum List

Back