Zone1 Actually Jesus didn't do away with the old law, like the ones on working on the sabbath and such.

metalwolf

Platinum Member
Oct 21, 2020

He didn't come to do away with it. He, being Jewish, came and fulfilled it. He came here to be the Jewish sacrificial lamb. The Gentiles were included thanks to the faith of a Gentile woman. Until that, Jesus likened Gentiles to dogs.
Once the Law was fulfilled, Jesus became the new and better covenant, not of law and death, but grace and life. If you love your neighbor, you have fulfilled the law as far as Jesus is concerned.

Hebrews 8:6 But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises.

Galatians 5:14 For the whole law can be summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

Do not put yourself back under the Law. If you do you are obligated to keep all 600+ and will be judged accordingly. God would rather be a forgiving Father, than a sentencing Judge. One judged you based on your behavior, the other forgives you regardless of your behavior. God, the Father is better than God, the Judge...

Last edited:
He didn't come to do away with it. He, being Jewish, came and fulfilled it. He came here to be the Jewish sacrificial lamb. The Gentiles were included thanks to the faith of a Gentile woman. Until that, Jesus likened Gentiles to dogs.
Once the Law was fulfilled, Jesus became the new and better covenant, not of law and death, but grace and life. If you love your neighbor, you have fulfilled the law as far as Jesus is concerned.

Hebrews 8:6 But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises.

Galatians 5:14 For the whole law can be summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

Do not put yourself back under the Law. If you do you are obligated to keep all 600+ and will be judged accordingly. God would rather be a forgiving Father, than a sentencing Judge...

"
I like the one where somebody, (I forget who) said something like; "An unclean animal is not unclean unto it's self."

And since that time everyone has said, "Hey,guys! Jesus said we can all eat pork, frogs and them there sea creatures without fins and scales! Break out the BBQ grill!

King James

A (bad) translation of the original ...

p01kp7qw.jpg

Romans 7: 1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
I read the OT when I was eight. I can witness that the scripture is true; whether I like it or not, the Law has dominion over me.

I believe it to be the best English version, compared to the many after.

I can't read Greek and Hebrew.
The Hebrew was translated into Greek which was a very descriptive language. There are some differences but the KJ is better than most translations from the Greek. Even so, none of the themes of the books were lost in the translation. None of the important messages were lost. A Concordance does a good job of explaining the words in the various languages and is an excellent study guide...

Why do you care? Seriously.

You guys always try and parse the Word to fit your narrative.

The Fulfillment of the Law​

17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

Your next question should be "What does that mean"?
What was the purpose of the law?
Why did it NEED to be fulfilled?

Forum List

Back