What's your favorite sandwich?

I'm a huge fan of sandwiches in general.

But I think my favorite sandwich would have to be the classic Club.

3 slices of white toast, green leaf lettuce, sliced plum tomatoes, crispy bacon, freshly roasted turkey (no deli sliced turkey!), and a little mayo.
My first job out of culinary school was working a pantry line in a restaurant in New Orleans.......I absolutely hated making Clubs....Pain in the asses were all they were......Don't get the toothpicks right before slicing, and the damn things would just lean over and fall apart.....And then of course you would have the assholes who just had to order 'em with sliced avocados, meaning, you had slimey avocados with slimy tomatoes, which made it even more of a pain in the ass......RAT BASTARDS!:mad:

But, I like a good Club myself.....Particularly knowing i'm getting under the skin of some young pantry cook where ever I order one.:cool:

I just moved to California from the East Coast, and I'm baffled by the tendency to add sliced avocados to everything that seems so prevalent out here.

I mean, avocados are nice, but I don't know if everything I eat needs avocado on it.

3 slices of white toast, green leaf lettuce, sliced plum tomatoes, crispy bacon, freshly roasted turkey (no deli sliced turkey!), and a little mayo.
My first job out of culinary school was working a pantry line in a restaurant in New Orleans.......I absolutely hated making Clubs....Pain in the asses were all they were......Don't get the toothpicks right before slicing, and the damn things would just lean over and fall apart.....And then of course you would have the assholes who just had to order 'em with sliced avocados, meaning, you had slimey avocados with slimy tomatoes, which made it even more of a pain in the ass......RAT BASTARDS!:mad:

But, I like a good Club myself.....Particularly knowing i'm getting under the skin of some young pantry cook where ever I order one.:cool:

:lmao:

now HOW did i know THAT was coming! :badgrin:

:D

:lmao:

now HOW did i know THAT was coming! :badgrin:
It's all about taking out past frustrations on wannabe Wolfgang's, who will more than likely be back working at "Buy and Bag" within a year.:D

Last edited:
New York Yankee from Jason's deli.

032110-01.jpg

oohhh nice! And were is jasons deli?

Its a chain. We had them in Houston as well as here in Ft Collins.

I just moved to California from the East Coast, and I'm baffled by the tendency to add sliced avocados to everything that seems so prevalent out here.

I mean, avocados are nice, but I don't know if everything I eat needs avocado on it.

I would brave the weird liberalism of california and move there literally just to enjoy an abundance of cheap avocados.

NOTHING beats tuna fish salad (all variations) on rye...cannot go wrong with that classic .

4116768788_d2790910a8.jpg

29096254.jpg

Damn, now I am hungry for a tuna sammie...damn you OP.

This is me making French Toast much like the earlier photo of Waffles I used this bread for sandwiches usually for spiral Ham. These are not just a quick bite. The explosion of vanilla and cinnamon with honey spiral ham is an event and to take your time and enjoy.

IMG_3475.jpg

Oh.Em.Gee.

I am salivating profusely Mr. Connery...make room for moi! I'm comin' to your house for breakfast!

Forum List

Back