What's your favorite sandwich?

Smoked salmon on apple sauce with a slice of sharp cheddar on toasted sour dough bread, with pepper....Top that.

Warm dungeons crab cake with aioli on toasted brioche.

Grilled gruyere with prosciutto on thinly sliced french bread.

Lobster rolls!!!

YO...

Ann Romney....

We're talking about sandwiches here, not exclusive 1% delicacies.

Come back down to Earth :D

Those ARE sandwiches.... :tongue:

and lets not forget... Ice cream sandwiches!!!

soft chewy chocolate cookies, spread with soft caramel with tahitian vanilla ice cream in between.... all covered with a bitter sweet chocolate coating.

I'd rather have a patty melt with carmelized onions.

Warm dungeons crab cake with aioli on toasted brioche.

Grilled gruyere with prosciutto on thinly sliced french bread.

Lobster rolls!!!
Damn snobby, elitist, San Franciscan liberal.

What no Grey Poupon?

:cool:

meh... that jumbo lump stuff is crap.

:lol:
Yeah it is....Particularly when you go into a place that doesn't understand going through the process of picking through it and removing cartilege...Nothing worse than biting into a cake and having to remove cartilege from between the teeth

My favorite crab will always be Blue......I love blue crab season.

Blue crab dusted with a smoked paprika, cayenne, black pepper seasoned corn meal, on a poppy seed crusted bun, with roasted red pepper and garlic aioli, and butter lettuce.

Damn i'm gettin' hungry

Last edited:
Damn snobby, elitist, San Franciscan liberal.

What no Grey Poupon?

:cool:

Yeah it is....Particularly when you go into a place that doesn't understand going through the process of picking through it and removing cartlidge...Nothing worse than biting into a cake and having to remove cartlidge from between the teeth.

Blue crab dusted with a smoked paprika, cayenne, black pepper seasoned corn meal, on a poppy seed crusted bun, with roasted red pepper and garlic aioli, and butter lettuce.

Damn i'm gettin' hungry

:eek:

softshell crab sandwich!

damn i am getting hungry too!

Yeah it is....Particularly when you go into a place that doesn't understand going through the process of picking through it and removing cartlidge...Nothing worse than biting into a cake and having to remove cartlidge from between the teeth.

Damn i'm gettin' hungry

softshell crab sandwich!

I'll take one of those. BTW, have you notice how difficult it is to find Dungeness Crabs this season? None of our local stores had them in stock before the traditional New Year's Day crab-sourdough-chardonnay dinner!

New York Yankee from Jason's deli.

032110-01.jpg

Last edited:

Damn i'm gettin' hungry

softshell crab sandwich!

I'll take one of those. BTW, have you notice how difficult it is to find Dungeness Crabs this season? None of our local stores had them in stock before the traditional New Year's Day crab-sourdough-chardonnay dinner!

I know.. what can i say, union bullshit! They do it every year to jack the prices.

Do you like yours live or precooked?

softshell crab sandwich!

I know.. what can i say, union bullshit! They do it every year to jack the prices.

Oh, pre-cooked. And I have the fish guy clean and crack them (of course, that means buying shortly before eating).

Oh, pre-cooked. And I have the fish guy clean and crack them (of course, that means buying shortly before eating).

then, as you know, you are at the mercy of the union dock men..... rat bastards that they are!

I like them live. And depending on where you are buying them..... you just step around the unions! :woohoo:

This is a very easy to make, not expensive delicious sandwich that I have once a week... I like it a lot! :D

Smoked salmon and avocado ...sometimes I add marinated artichokes or some gherkins for a more tangy taste! YUM

e1fca7a62bbdb2ac2e719c27899855fe_380x250.jpg

I grill salmon at least once per week and have it on a sesame bun, ciabatta roll or English muffin.

I sometimes add capers and onions, always fresh ground pepper...

glazedsalmonsandwichesfw0610xl.jpg
(not my photo)

This may sound bizarre, but I do PB&J's stuffed with Lays potato chips.....Seriously, good stuff.

Gotta be Laura Scudder's Natural PB, Smuckers Strawberry Jam, and only LAYS potato chips.

Came about when when I was a kid and my older brothers would snake potato chips off my plate. I just started taking my PC's and stuffing 'em inside my PB&J's.....Of course it only lasetd until I was about 13, grew 6-8 inches taller than them and could whoop their asses.

Gotta have one at least once a month when the craving hits.

Last edited:
I'm a huge fan of sandwiches in general.

But I think my favorite sandwich would have to be the classic Club.

3 slices of white toast, green leaf lettuce, sliced plum tomatoes, crispy bacon, freshly roasted turkey (no deli sliced turkey!), and a little mayo.

This is me making French Toast much like the earlier photo of Waffles I used this bread for sandwiches usually for spiral Ham. These are not just a quick bite. The explosion of vanilla and cinnamon with honey spiral ham is an event and to take your time and enjoy.

IMG_3475.jpg

Last edited:
I'm a huge fan of sandwiches in general.

But I think my favorite sandwich would have to be the classic Club.

3 slices of white toast, green leaf lettuce, sliced plum tomatoes, crispy bacon, freshly roasted turkey (no deli sliced turkey!), and a little mayo.
My first job out of culinary school was working a pantry line in a restaurant in New Orleans.......I absolutely hated making Clubs....Pain in the asses were all they were......Don't get the toothpicks right before slicing, and the damn things would just lean over and fall apart.....And then of course you would have the assholes who just had to order 'em with sliced avocados, meaning, you had slimey avocados with slimy tomatoes, which made it even more of a pain in the ass......RAT BASTARDS!:mad:

But, I like a good Club myself.....Particularly knowing i'm getting under the skin of some young pantry cook where ever I order one.:cool:

Forum List

Back