What's the story behind your nickname?

Ed = education

ED = editing

i = a convenient vowel

tec = technology

Took "Editec" as my internet handle from the name of as company I started back in '87.

'Cause a little Python brightens up the day.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJBzJF_-cBA]Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-PTANG. Zoom-Boing. Z' nourrwringmm - YouTube[/ame]

kiki is my salsa dancing alternate personality (who my friends tell me is a real hoot) and cannoli represents my infactuation with all things cosa nostra.
:cool:

That's funny.

My disco dancing personae was named Guido.

Or, when I was hanging with Rasta, they called me " 'ollywoodmon."

When I was 9, my grandma had 2 different pieces of fabric to make dresses for me and my cousin. My cousin got the blue roses because she won the baby beauty contest while I got the chicken pox. Grandma made me the one out of patriotic symbols, because she said I was the one in the family who loved my country and its freedoms the most. In school, I won a medal for excellence in current events, a merchant marines writing contest on America's freedoms, and a competitive regional gold medal for a patriotic paper submitted on improving the nation by improving oneself. My mother's family came over on the Mayflower, some of Dad's family members were here to greet the palefaces when they arrived. So much for the freedom part. As for the rest, like Elvis, just "what nickname?"

:)

PredFan comes from being a fan of the Orlando Predators of the Arena Football League. At least I USED to be a fan that is until the NFL came in and ruined the league.

I stick with the name because I am known as PredFan wherever I go. I am a member of a lot of boards political and non-political and PredFan is me. Usually.

The Orlando Predators started in 1991 way before the copycat Nashville Predators came into the NHL. I am not a Nashville Predators fan.

I started here on USMB shortly after abruptly leaving the boards I had been on for three years. ( I was sick and tired of those people ) I used my real name on those boards and had no intention on doing the same here, so I thought hiding behind a mask would do the trick. If any happen to be here. And I have always wanted to attend an authentic masquerade ball.

Hence ... masquerade.

Side note: My beautiful venetian masq avi gets put in storage during the month of October. In it's place, my undead pin-up.

Last edited:
WRY, Devious in course or purpose; misdirected, contrary; perverse; distorted or perverted, as in meaning.

CATCHER, A person or thing that catches (I also wore the tools of ignorance for a number of years; and got the idea from the book, "The Catcher in the Wry").

Wry Catcher describes one of my reasons for posting, catching liars in the lies and pointing out perverse and distorted posts for what they are - Idiotgrams.

I started here on USMB shortly after abruptly leaving the boards I had been on for three years. ( I was sick and tired of those people ) I used my real name on those boards and had no intention on doing the same here, so I thought hiding behind a mask would do the trick. If any happen to be here. And I have always wanted to attend an authentic masquerade ball.

Hence ... masquerade.

Side note: My beautiful venetian masq avi gets put in storage during the month of October. In it's place, my undead pin-up.

Someone as beautiful as you should never hide behind a mask... Just saying.

I signed up using my real name.

I'm an internet legend, or a legend in my own mind, or something like that.

I would never do that :lol:
Most everyone knows my real first name is Debbie.....but no way would I go to any forum using my last name. It's such an odd one anyway, people wouldn't be able to 'just forget'.......
I don't want people to know my last name unless I sleep with them ~LoL~

Forum List

Back