What's the story behind your nickname?

I was a substitue teacher for about 7 years. It's like walking in to a new job every day.
Rather than waste time teaching the little shits how to pronounce my last name, I just wrote "Mr. H." on the blackboard.

I often see some of those kids I taught in grade school. They've graduated now and are working jobs or married. They still call me Mr. H. "the best substitute teacher we ever had". :thup:

I've been Boop since I hit the net ten years ago. About a year or so ago, I realized that my first two initials do rather sound like Betty, so I became BDBoop

ahem...

Attachments

• $Gpigs.JPG
    $Gpigs.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 61
My real name is.........

(Right, that's not gonna happen.)

The only time I had a nickname ever, was during pledging - that was 'Ted'. It's an acronym.

After that, never had a nickname again. Just my name. (And, I would threaten anyone who dared call me by one of the normal nicknames for my name - not a good idea.)

Well, it started with Tequila (a woman), then went to three women...then more shots of tequila...and the next thing you know...you are Percy the pig on a lawn chair wearing sun glasses somewhere in Mexico waking up to the sunshine.

Well, it started with Tequila (a woman), then went to three women...then more shots of tequila...and the next thing you know...you are Percy the pig on a lawn chair wearing sun glasses somewhere in Mexico waking up to the sunshine.

You so cute :tongue:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXBLHTq390k]Tequila (The Ventures) - YouTube[/ame]

Mine is a nick name my friends gave me J is the first letter of my first name, "roc" some say I look like the Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. I like to drop the k though

I had just read a book on the history and worldwide impact of the ancient salt trade title "Salt" and I had started reading Chester Himes' "Cotton comes to Harlem" about Gravedigger Jones and Coffin Ed.

Good name, 'Coffin Ed' that is.
Will start the first line of my new western using that name........."That morning found Coffin Ed bleeding more than usual. "
Thanks!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXBLHTq390k]Tequila (The Ventures) - YouTube[/ame]

Good jam.

I had just read a book on the history and worldwide impact of the ancient salt trade title "Salt" and I had started reading Chester Himes' "Cotton comes to Harlem" about Gravedigger Jones and Coffin Ed.

Will start the first line of my new western using that name........."That morning found Coffin Ed bleeding more than usual. "
Thanks!

Your western is located in Harlem?:lol:

A contraction of part of my last name and the Wall of the Sierra Nevada mountains where I reside.

Thanks!

Your western is located in Harlem?:lol:

Nope.
Ft. Sumter, New Mexico.
I am an American original.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_swaxOidGU]Bob Dylan-Knockin' on Heaven's Door - YouTube[/ame]

I chose this name because my favorite avatar at the time I registered was a pic of Amelia Earhart.

Someone else is posting with my real first name. It confuses me sometimes when I'm scrolling down looking for posts I made.

At least she's also a conservative or I might have a breakdown when I read "my" posts. :lol:

My name is Nick...

I got sick of posting under pseudonyms/handles for years...

I'm Nick...

Forum List

Back