What's In The Box?

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
b 001 (2).JPG

b 002 (2).JPG

1968 Cased Uberti M1861 Navy .36 Caliber.....It's unfired....I gave $150.00 for it

A outfit called Replica Firearms out of Ohio had them made by Uberti and imported.

Replica Arms later became Cimarron Arms.

View attachment 729180

View attachment 729182

1968 Cased Uberti M1861 Navy .36 Caliber.....It's unfired....I gave $150.00 for it

A outfit called Replica Firearms out of Ohio had them made by Uberti and imported.

Nice! Load her up and shoot her. 22 grains of Pyrodex P with a Wonder Wad between the ball and the powder, and an organic grease seal over the ball to prevent a chain-fire.

I make my own wads by cutting them with steel punch, and soaking them in a melted mixture of beeswax and coconut oil. The same mixture works great to seal the chambers, if you add a little olive oil to the mix. It's much better than that yellow Bore Butter crap that melts easily and gets all over everything. Also never use petroleum-based lubricants on a BP pistol. They mix with the powder residue and gunk everything up. Ballistol is the only thing I use to lube the BP guns after cleaning them with hot water and soap.

View attachment 729180

View attachment 729182

I assembled a CVA 36 caliber Navy back in the 80s. I think it cost me around $60. I shot it for some time until one of the springs got too weak for safe operation. It was surprisingly accurate.

Forum List

Back