Whatever happened to the highbrow forum idea?

It could be an exclusive board, maybe viewable only to the members (or not, but that way it could take on a nice Skull and Bones sort of darkness to outsiders).

Posters would be members of competing debate clubs. To get into a club, you would have to be invited. Or if you can apply, you would be subject to being blackballed. And if you misbehave or violate your clubs rules, you could be kicked out.

And the debating style could be like The Prime Ministers Questions, with lots of snide, polished insults. And instead of "rep" you could give a "harumph!" or a "boooo!"

And you'd have to drink brandy.

Has it been shit canned?

Even though I'd rarely go there, I'm starting to think it would be a good idea.

A forum for intellectual debate with strict rules against personal attacks and perhaps even a naughty word filter (assuming they can be forum specific). I'd even suggest policing the language and tone used to attack politicians.

I think some people find it difficult to hang with the no holds barred nature most of us like and have cultivated here, and in the spirit of inclusion, perhaps the more sensitive members should have a refuge of their own.

I think that there should also be a parallel low-brow forum where non-intellectuals can make posts and talk about what is being discussed by their high-falutin' brethren.

The High-Brow Forum

book-club.jpg

The Parallel Forum

0421JAX02_BikerBar.jpg

Interesting dialogue. Usually when you are called [ fill in pejorative here ] you are winning or at least stirring the pot. If we shift to social correctness I may not know how I am doing? There are a few people here, with five words replies, who would have nothing to say if they couldn't call you ....

Lately I've been flaming like a super nuke fueled jackass but it's mainly out of realizing the frustrations of faux debates. That is not an excuse, it's the reason. When I see a thread is fed by more of an interest in things other than the topic I basically say fuck it and flame away. In short, the highbrow forum would be a great place to weed out honest discourse from the.....other stuff.

Lately I've been flaming like a super nuke fueled jackass but it's mainly out of realizing the frustrations of faux debates. That is not an excuse, it's the reason. When I see a thread is fed by more of an interest in things other than the topic I basically say fuck it and flame away. In short, the highbrow forum would be a great place to weed out honest discourse from the.....other stuff.

Really... That's Super!

:)

peace...

Really... That's Super!

:)

peace...

Ahhhh....thanks for the reminder.

Has it been shit canned?

Even though I'd rarely go there, I'm starting to think it would be a good idea.

A forum for intellectual debate with strict rules against personal attacks and perhaps even a naughty word filter (assuming they can be forum specific). I'd even suggest policing the language and tone used to attack politicians.

I think some people find it difficult to hang with the no holds barred nature most of us like and have cultivated here, and in the spirit of inclusion, perhaps the more sensitive members should have a refuge of their own.

I think that there should also be a parallel low-brow forum where non-intellectuals can make posts and talk about what is being discussed by their high-falutin' brethren.

The High-Brow Forum

book-club.jpg

The Parallel Forum

0421JAX02_BikerBar.jpg

Are you callin' bikers stupid?

biker.jpg

This was posted this morning:

Go back up yo momma's ass

You're such a retarded failed abortion turd...

You ignorant gomer shit pile.

Yeah, he's really all for high-brow debate, isn't he?

Agree and concur:

Nothing like putting together a well researched and thoughtful post about the Meaning of Life, and then have some moron bury it under three posts that are each 1000 words long, cut-and-pasted from SF or MoveOn or some Jihaddi's Blog.:evil:

Forum List

Back