What Would You Say If You Were Over 60 ?

I'm 73 with 2 grown children and 2 grandchildren. If I am in danger because if this virus I will self isolate. In no way like ot see the .gov destroy the great economy that was built by my years of working and the sacrifices my grandparents and parents made coming out of the last depression. At some point common sense needs to prevail and quarantine the sick and those at risk and let life go on.

You should not have to take any more risk than you take now.

Thanks for your post and may you enjoy those grandchildren for many many years.

We don't have to screw up the economy to fight the virus.

And the people stayed home. And read books, and listened, and rested, and exercised, and made art, and played games, and learned new ways of being, and were still.
And listened more deeply.
Some meditated, some prayed, some danced. Some met their shadows.
And the people began to think differently.

And the people healed.
And, in the absence of people living in ignorant, dangerous, mindless, and heartless ways, the earth began to heal.

And when the danger passed, and the people joined together again, they grieved their losses, and made new choices, and dreamed new images, and created new ways to live and heal the earth fully, as they had been healed.

-- Kitty O'Meara
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
/Revised Version/

And the people were forced to stay home. And read emails, snorted Instagram, tried not to touch their Facebook, failingly, and listened to iTunes, and rested on their iPhones, and exercised CAUTION, and made art supply stores go broke, and played Mind-games, and learned new ways of “being here later”, and were still miserable. And listened to Meaningless more deeply. Most medicated, some talked to their Imaginary Friend, some danced, embarrassingly. Some met their Therapists. And the people began to think differently.

And the people got sick.
And, because of the people continuing to embrace ignorance, anger, mindlessness, and Hubris, the earth began to Retaliate.

And when the danger remained, and the people joined together again, still remaining SIX FEET apart, they grieved their lo$$e$, and made new wrong choices, and dreamed of new Dominator images, and created new ways to exist and deal with the Third Petri Dish from the Sun.

They refused to be healed.

And the people stayed home. And read books, and listened, and rested, and exercised, and made art, and played games, and learned new ways of being, and were still.

And the people healed.
And, in the absence of people living in ignorant, dangerous, mindless, and heartless ways, the earth began to heal.

And when the danger passed, and the people joined together again, they grieved their losses, and made new choices, and dreamed new images, and created new ways to live and heal the earth fully, as they had been healed.

-- Kitty O'Meara
/Revised Version/

And the people were forced to stay home. And read emails, snorted Instagram, tried not to touch their Facebook, failingly, and listened to iTunes, and rested on their iPhones, and exercised CAUTION, and made art supply stores go broke, and played Mind-games, and learned new ways of “being here later”, and were still miserable. And listened to Meaningless more deeply. Most medicated, some talked to their Imaginary Friend, some danced, embarrassingly. Some met their Therapists. And the people began to think differently.

And the people got sick.
And, because of the people continuing to embrace ignorance, anger, mindlessness, and Hubris, the earth began to Retaliate.

And when the danger remained, and the people joined together again, still remaining SIX FEET apart, they grieved their lo$$e$, and made new wrong choices, and dreamed of new Dominator images, and created new ways to exist and deal with the Third Petri Dish from the Sun.

LSD flashback ?

Get some help.

And the people healed.

-- Kitty O'Meara
/Revised Version/

And the people got sick.

LSD flashback ?

Get some help.

Sounds a lot like an NPR news piece.. Betcha a peace pipe chief, that's where he got it...

And the people healed.

-- Kitty O'Meara
/Revised Version/

And the people got sick.

LSD flashback ?

Get some help.

Sounds a lot like an NPR news piece.. Betcha a peace pipe chief, that's where he got it...

News piece ?

You mean propaganda fart.

And the people healed.

-- Kitty O'Meara
/Revised Version/

And the people got sick.

LSD flashback ?

Get some help.

News piece ?

You mean propaganda fart.

Naw... NPR whole "skin" is harmless anectodal story telling.. Pretty much FACT free, but "artsy"...

:wink:

And the people healed.

-- Kitty O'Meara
/Revised Version/

And the people got sick.

LSD flashback ?

Get some help.

You lose.

It was in my email, unattributed.

Any of y'all that think poetry is spoze ta be "news", I have serious concerns about your reading comprehension. Even more than before.

And the people healed.

-- Kitty O'Meara
/Revised Version/

And the people got sick.

That gave me chills

Before the hype dies down more Americans will have died by suicide OR be murdered in street violence by leftist thugs than will perish of "the virus".

But the drive-by media won't quote the figures.

Thought experiment:

If you were 60, what would you do in the face of this crisis ?

I would:

1. Tell the country to go back to work.
2. Help me isolate myself by using common sense.
3. I would not go shopping. I'd ask someone to do it for me....maybe using gloves.
4. I would not want people in my home unless necessary.
5. I would get outside as much as possible and breath fresh air (unless I lived in L.A.).

What would you do.

Well, if the virus does not get me, it will be the hookers, the booze, or the FBI.

What, me worry?

Thought experiment:

I would:

3. I would not go shopping. I'd ask someone to do it for me....maybe using gloves.
5. I would get outside as much as possible and breath fresh air (unless I lived in L.A.).

What would you do.
Jesus people. This thing is just as dangerous to younger folks.

You people just do not get it

Just as dangerous to younger people as older people ?

Bullshit.
20% of the people who contract covid-19 require hospitalization. Those aren’t all old people.

New York is close to exceeding their capacity to treat.

So is it just as dangerous to young people as it is to old people? No. But it is still dangerous if they contract it and their is no space in the hospital to treat them.

Thought experiment:

I would:

What would you do.

with the exception of 2 outings to buy supplies I have self quarantined for the past 2 weeks.

Have enough supplies to last about 10 days

have generator with about 1 months supply of gas

Have BIG yard with woods behind it so we can go out and do stuff

live in BIG circle in neighborhood with about 20 houses, all with large yards and woods surround us

can walk around circle with dogs and take them to woods for their business

intend on making 1 trip per week for supplies
will always have; gloves, hand sanitizer, sanitized wipes when I go out and will use them on EVERYTHING

have large(100?) supply of dried habanero and ghost peppers, onions, garlic, chicken broth and intend on having super spicy vegetable chicken soup EVERY DAY for lunch and dinner to KILL VIRUS and give HEALTH BOOST! (don't know if it will kill any virus but it does give me a big energy/feel great boost)

not recommended for conservatives.
Darwin has a funny way of working sometimes.

Forum List

Back