What Would You Say If You Were Over 60 ?

Sun Devil 92

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2015
Thought experiment:

If you were 60, what would you do in the face of this crisis ?

I would:

1. Tell the country to go back to work.
2. Help me isolate myself by using common sense.
3. I would not go shopping. I'd ask someone to do it for me....maybe using gloves.
4. I would not want people in my home unless necessary.
5. I would get outside as much as possible and breath fresh air (unless I lived in L.A.).

What would you do.

Thought experiment:

I would:

3. I would not go shopping. I'd ask someone to do it for me....maybe using gloves.
5. I would get outside as much as possible and breath fresh air (unless I lived in L.A.).

What would you do.
I'm 59 years old and I have no fear of shopping or doing things I NEED to do.

• Banned
Thought experiment:

I would:

What would you do.
I'm 59 years old and I have no fear of shopping or doing things I NEED to do.

O.K.

Thanks.

But, my point is....you could do some things to protect yourself if you were concerned.

What would that be ?

I would self isolate.

I'd make sure my water was good.

But I'd damn sure tell Trump to put the country to work.

If I lived in NYCity, I'd get tested and get the fuck out ASAP if I was negative.

I'm 62 and today I played golf on a beautiful day. I went to the drug store to get flonase for my allergies. I used hand sanitizer when I entered the store. I stayed away from people and they stayed away from me. It sickens me to see the country brought to it's knees by what I consider an over reaction to a god damned cold virus.

Thought experiment:

I would:

What would you do.
I am over 60, and here's what I'm doing: I'm staying home as much as possible, I haven't seen the grandkids in over a week (I usually see them twice a week), I go shopping when necessary, I'm trying to support local businesses as much as I can. Otherwise, I'm watching TV, looking at stuff online, reading, or listening to music. In some ways, it's not so bad!

I am 60, who stays home all the time, except going food shopping. I am retired on Disability, thus staying home is easy for me.

• Banned
I'm 62 and today I played golf on a beautiful day. I went to the drug store to get flonase for my allergies. I used hand sanitizer when I entered the store. I stayed away from people and they stayed away from me. It sickens me to see the country brought to it's knees by what I consider an over reaction to a god damned cold virus.

Again, your call.

Overreaction or not....I just wonder why the whole fucking country has to hide when it is the elderly that are the most vulnerable.

If I Lived next to a 60 year old, I'd offer to do groceries, do errands (all with gloves and disinfectant.

Don't know how that would not be the same as today.

But, the coutnry would be working......

Thought experiment:

I would:

What would you do.

That's a tough question.

I'd put a sign on my door saying...don't knock.

If I didn't know you were coming....get off my property.

I still want to see my grandkids again.

From what I know about you, I don't think that we agree on very much. But I'll bet that you love your grandkids as much as I love mine.

From what I know about you, I don't think that we agree on very much. But I'll bet that you love your grandkids as much as I love mine.

When I have some, I am going to be one of the best grandfather's around.

Thought experiment:

I would:

What would you do.

I'm over 70 and carrying on as usual. Those with underlying medical conditions should sequester themselves. The rest, keep calm and carry on.

Again, your call.

Overreaction or not....I just wonder why the whole fucking country has to hide when it is the elderly that are the most vulnerable.

If I Lived next to a 60 year old, I'd offer to do groceries, do errands (all with gloves and disinfectant.

Don't know how that would not be the same as today.

But, the coutnry would be working......
Funny you would mention that, I live next to a couple in their 70s both under going cancer treatments. I have committed to helping their daughter do shopping and run errands for them.

Thought experiment:

I would:

What would you do.

I'm over 70 and carrying on as usual. Those with underlying medical conditions should sequester themselves. The rest, keep calm and carry on.

Again....the point is that we could do things to help without fucking up the country.

My philosophy.

1585029202227.png

Thought experiment:

I would:

What would you do.

Again....the point is that we could do things to help without fucking up the country.
Absolutely. The focus should not be a unilateral shutdown. The focus should be on people helping people, especially the old and vulnerable. And maybe the best scenario is healthy old people like me helping less healthy old people and let the young people work and raise their families. They have plenty to do already.

My philosophy.

View attachment 314593
I skipped having kids and went straight to grandkids. I recommend it! (My wife had two children by her first marriage)

Thought experiment:

I would:

What would you do.
I would wonder if I would be left to die in pain, gasping for breath, because doctors refuse to treat anyone with the virus that is over 60 years old like Italy is doing.

We are entering the Soylent Green period.

Forum List

Back