What Would You Say If You Were Over 60 ?

I AM long over 60.

My advice?

Liberals....it's your DUTY to hold mass rallies to protest something. Doesn't matter what, just so there are lost of you screaming your hate of something or someone - spewing bodily fluids on all the other libbies jammed up against you.

Then go home and hug your children and slobber 'em with wet kisses.

Only when our population is hugely reduced can we hope to end Global Whatever! You gotta do your part of we'll perish from the heat or from the cold or from whatever the weather happens to do.

If you refuse to do those simple things you're part of the problem!

Thought experiment:

If you were 60, what would you do in the face of this crisis ?

I would:

1. Tell the country to go back to work.
2. Help me isolate myself by using common sense.
3. I would not go shopping. I'd ask someone to do it for me....maybe using gloves.
4. I would not want people in my home unless necessary.
5. I would get outside as much as possible and breath fresh air (unless I lived in L.A.).

What would you do.
I'm 59 years old and I have no fear of shopping or doing things I NEED to do.

O.K.

Thanks.

But, my point is....you could do some things to protect yourself if you were concerned.

What would that be ?

I would self isolate.

I'd make sure my water was good.

But I'd damn sure tell Trump to put the country to work.

If I lived in NYCity, I'd get tested and get the fuck out ASAP if I was negative.

60 is well back in the rearview but I'm doing very little different, other than like today where I got up before dawn to get to the gambling house that is the grocery store because of hoarders and stupid stockers. Other than that, everybody around here is religiously social-distancing, closing shop, rationing how many people can be inside Trader Joe's at once (50), all of that. I also know that there isn't a single case of CV in this county or any of the surrounding ones (and maybe two in this whole branch of the state), and that as long as people continue those practices it can stay that way. Opening it all up again could be tossing all that sacrifice right out the proverbial window.

Thought experiment:

I would:

3. I would not go shopping. I'd ask someone to do it for me....maybe using gloves.
5. I would get outside as much as possible and breath fresh air (unless I lived in L.A.).

What would you do.

O.K.

Thanks.

But, my point is....you could do some things to protect yourself if you were concerned.

What would that be ?

I would self isolate.

If I lived in NYCity, I'd get tested and get the fuck out ASAP if I was negative.

60 is well back in the rearview but I'm doing very little different, other than like today where I got up before dawn to get to the gambling house that is the grocery store because of hoarders and stupid stockers. Other than that, everybody around here is religiously social-distancing, closing shop, rationing how many people can be inside Trader Joe's at once (50), all of that. I also know that there isn't a single case of CV in this county or any of the surrounding ones (and maybe two in this whole branch of the state), and that as long as people continue those practices it can stay that way. Opening it all up again could be tossing all that sacrifice right out the proverbial window.

It's going to open up sooner or later...and everyone will be exposed.

New York knew about this and yet look at them. That is what you face eventually.

We're being played. Dying from poverty is a much higher probability than this wuhan flu. I don't believe the marxist Dims "chick math". They can't even count how many fucking heads are under a sign in a cornfield.
A top House Republican is pushing back against President Donald Trump’s apparent willingness to defy medical experts and prematurely urge businesses to reopen, even as the coronavirus pandemic escalates in the United States.
“There will be no normally functioning economy if our hospitals are overwhelmed and thousands of Americans of all ages, including our doctors and nurses, lay dying because we have failed to do what’s necessary to stop the virus,” Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) tweeted Tuesday.
Is Liz friggin Cheney a "marxist Dim"?

She's got no way of knowing what will happen.

If she does not take into account extra efforts to keep the elderly safe, then maybe I understand her.

Schools are planning on going back in session soon.

It's coming.

I would think the point would be to stop the spread of the virus......so everything can get back to 'normal'. Unfortunately about the only way to do that would be to shut everything down and people in their homes for 2 weeks to get this under control...….instead of tip toeing around it, while it continues to spread, the situation continues to get worse, jobs, economy and the people continue to decline and it gets further out of control.

I'm 60, disabled, and high risk...….was born with under developed lungs, have smoked for 48 years, as a kid had chronic bronchitis, double walking pneumonia and other similar health issues......not to mention degenerative bone disease, especially in my lumbar and a Triple Negative Breast cancer survivor........but other than all that I'm fine. Though I am having allergy issues with sinus's and runny nose.

I'm not worried about this virus anymore than any other virus or flu. I've never had a flu shot because I don't see the point of getting one that may not stop me from catching it anyway. Those vaccines are produced and ready for market on the assumption it will help whatever strain actually hits that year, long before an outbreak actually occurs. Like a few years ago, flu shots were being given out, but the strain that actually hit was totally different and the shots were ineffective...…..and it would take over a year to produce the correct vaccine for that strain, which would be too late. Sorry, but I'm not a pin cushion for pharma profits.

Now....having said all that? Knowing my risks with any contagion whether it be Covid this year, or any flu any year AND because of having been a caregiver, it's automatic for me to wash my hands and other similar precautions to avoid spreading germs. I prefer a more natural/holistic approach to health and a belief in 'Let your food be your medicine and medicine be your food'. Spring is here with summer right around the corner, and I'd rather spend my time outside than indoors anyday….weather permitting and sometimes that doesn't stop me either.

If I do catch this Covid, I doubt I'll know it, cause I rarely go to the Dr and I'll do what I normally would when sick. If all that fails, whether I live or die, is not my call and if I do die, then it will be my time to do so.

So in other words...…what would I do? or what would I do differently??? Not a damn thing really

You sound at high risk and it seems our resources should be pointed at preventing you from catching it.

My 30 year old neighbors should be working to support their kids.

We can both protect you and let them work.

Of course I'm high risk...….EVERY YEAR AND EVERY VIRUS......not just this one. What I was trying to convey was that I already know my risks and already take measures to prevent catching whatever is out there. So I won't be doing much, if anything differently with Covid vs any other strain of contagion.
I figure I'll be ok and if not, I've made my peace with that as well.

BUT in order to get the youngins back to work and life back to whatever normal is...….I think we probably should just bite the bullet so to speak and shut down for a couple weeks to get ahead and in control of this...….so life can get back to normal sooner, than keep dragging our butts about it letting the virus spread further. IOW, life goes back to normal, kids back to school & work in 2 weeks and it's done......OR keep lagging and drag it out for months......see what I'm saying???
You almost get it...except that it's going to take a minimum 5 weeks...not 2
Or not.

I'm 62 and today I played golf on a beautiful day. I went to the drug store to get flonase for my allergies. I used hand sanitizer when I entered the store. I stayed away from people and they stayed away from me. It sickens me to see the country brought to it's knees by what I consider an over reaction to a god damned cold virus.

Again, your call.

Overreaction or not....I just wonder why the whole fucking country has to hide when it is the elderly that are the most vulnerable.

If I Lived next to a 60 year old, I'd offer to do groceries, do errands (all with gloves and disinfectant.

Don't know how that would not be the same as today.

But, the coutnry would be working......

Saw Texas Lt Gov Dan Patrick on Tucker last night.. He pretty much echoes my feelings about this.. It's a must watch for seniors or NEAR seniors...

This ad hoc experiment with the economy is scarier than the virus.. Because NO COUNTRY this size has ever pulled the "off switch" before.. We're messing with a tangible probability of doom...

WATCH....

It simply can't last.

So before the coral opens up, why don't we try to be smart about it ?

That was the intent of this thread.

What would a 60 year old think is acceptable.

1. They need social security....and without people working, they might not get as much.
2. They still need protection.
3. It's a smaller group than the whole country.
4. Young people who catch it....are going to catch it anyway.

If you wanted to help the elderly, the interest rates wouldn't be near zero.. If you wanted to help the elderly with the CVID thing -- you'd quarantine THEM and provide support.. And of course you wouldn't have allowed the Feds to IGNORE the raid on the soc security trust fund for 40 years...

The elderly didn't need "free checks" two months ago.. All that economic relief should be going to the UNEMPLOYED... The offices are overwhelmed and the funds are gonna dry up..

There's a lot just doesn't weigh right on the scale of "justice" here, because the "political cure" just might damage everyone and put them at EQUAL misery and despair for 20 years after...

I think Dan Patrick was right on... We CAN be smarter and weigh the risks more realistically...

Dan Patrick just said that if going back to work means granny dies...he's good with it

Granny's gonna likely die if this "novel" experiment of shutting down the country causes 2 decades of DEEP DEPRESSION... Maybe you ought to not REACT -- and ponder what's happening around you a bit more.. And see if POSSIBLY you can come up with an informed PERSONAL balance between the disease and the "political cure".... And MAYBE --- not mention Trump for just ONE POST during this crisis??

DA JOOOSSSS.... Aint no different.. It's the LOW mental energy way to live for conspiracy theorists and haters... That SIMPLE answer to ALL your problems...
That's your lame excuse?

Oh granny's gonna die anyway?

Jesus

What do you think the suicide rate would be in a country of 300Mill people when the mental midgets spend 4 years worth of DEBT in ONE year and shut down the economy and CAUSE "a GREATER Depression"???

Hopefully Granny was in "all cash" BEFORE the markets tanked -- but if she WASN'T -- she just might decide to end it all..

This is time to get real and serious.. Not to be pulling the mindless political stunts that this country has been locked in because of the inept, corrupt 2 party system...

Thought experiment:

I would:

What would you do.

O.K.

Thanks.

What would that be ?

I would self isolate.

New York knew about this and yet look at them. That is what you face eventually.

The crucial phrase is "sooner or later". Which one? Which one indeed.
What's the incubation period? 24 days? How long, that is, how much longer have the South Koreas and the Chinas had to allow the crucial element --- TIME --- to starve the virus off?

Here's the rub: if you contain it for a week, and you're doing OK, and then you go "well I guess it's safe to come out now" and then the virus, already in place because the transit/spreading period has already elapsed, comes out and goes hog wild. So you not only become Italy, you've thrown that week or ten days that you did the sacrifice, right into the crapper. And that's when you realize there's no toilet paper.

Dude ( flcaltenn)...this is serious. This is Great Depression serious and you're looking for Herbert Hoover

Thought experiment:

I would:

What would you do.
How hate a good portion of the 21st century.

For Lesh to consider...

suicide-chart.jpg

Thought experiment:

I would:

What would you do.

O.K.

Thanks.

What would that be ?

I would self isolate.

The crucial phrase is "sooner or later". Which one? Which one indeed.
What's the incubation period? 24 days? How long, that is, how much longer have the South Koreas and the Chinas had to allow the crucial element --- TIME --- to starve the virus off?

Here's the rub: if you contain it for a week, and you're doing OK, and then you go "well I guess it's safe to come out now" and then the virus, already in place because the transit/spreading period has already elapsed, comes out and goes hog wild. So you not only become Italy, you've thrown that week or ten days that you did the sacrifice, right into the crapper. And that's when you realize there's no toilet paper.

You only flattened the curve. It's still going to get there.

Safe to come out now, does not mean business as usual. Think about it. If I were a restaraunt, would I want Granny sitting in a booth ?

Italy got whacked and is still getting whacked.

My guess is China is having real issues and lying about it.

And I can only guess N.K. is going to become the land of the dead.

New York is a mess. Eveyone else seems to be doing O.K.

Time to ask, when is it O.K. to stick a toe in the water.

They are dropping like flies in Italy, Spain (800+ deaths in the last 24 hours) and France.

If I were 60, I'd ask: "How's that universal health care working out for you ?"

Dude ( flcaltenn)...this is serious. This is Great Depression serious and you're looking for Herbert Hoover

I'm not looking for ANY pandering politician right now.. As a person with some self-preservation instincts that haven't been bred out of me -- I don't THINK of the FED govt as the savior in situations like this... Especially when you have "SOME PEOPLE" holding a relief bill for COVID HOSTAGE in order to get funding for Kennedy Center (entertainment for millionaires), abortion funding or more solar and wind toys, etc. I'm as DISGUSTED by all that as I am FED UP with the Simpleton Answer to all the ills this country is Trump...

Can you ADMIT that disgusts you? There is too much RELIANCE on our dysfunctional Fed govt.

They are dropping like flies in Italy, Spain (800+ deaths in the last 24 hours) and France.

Another disgusting thing that's been revealed here is the fact that STATES have taken control over the purchase of new med diagnostic and urgent care equipment.. Came to light when Cuomo panics and asks for 40,000 ICU type respirators..

Turns out -- HE (and/or his predecessors in NY capitol, were DENYING REQUESTS left and right for clinics/hospitals to BUY additional MRI, CT, ventilators for YEARS... Because in the leftist misunderstand of general supply/demand -- LESS equipment meant LOWER medical bills.. If you HAD more ventilators or MRIs -- the bills (in there juvenile minds) would go up...

Check out the paperwork to GET A PERMIT for new medical equipment from the States... I know this because many of my clients were medical equipment manufacturers... You had to JUSTIFY A NEED or a DEFICIT in service...

Well now Gov Cuomo --- WE DO HAVE a 'need" or "deficit in service".. You can't make up the SNAFU way that govt works.. And "SOME PEOPLE" want a LOT MORE of it...

Another disgusting thing that's been revealed here is the fact that STATES have taken control over the purchase of new med diagnostic and urgent care equipment.. Came to light when Cuomo panics and asks for 40,000 ICU type respirators..

Turns out -- HE (and/or his predecessors in NY capitol, were DENYING REQUESTS left and right for clinics/hospitals to BUY additional MRI, CT, ventilators for YEARS... Because in the leftist misunderstand of general supply/demand -- LESS equipment meant LOWER medical bills.. If you HAD more ventilators or MRIs -- the bills (in there juvenile minds) would go up...

Check out the paperwork to GET A PERMIT for new medical equipment from the States... I know this because many of my clients were medical equipment manufacturers... You had to JUSTIFY A NEED or a DEFICIT in service...

Well now Gov Cuomo --- WE DO HAVE a 'need" or "deficit in service".. You can't make up the SNAFU way that govt works.. And "SOME PEOPLE" want a LOT MORE of it...

You get what you vote for.

New York can own this bitch.

They and New Jersey have over 1/2 the total U.S. cases.

Time to move the wall.

We're being played. Dying from poverty is a much higher probability than this wuhan flu. I don't believe the marxist Dims "chick math". They can't even count how many fucking heads are under a sign in a cornfield.
A top House Republican is pushing back against President Donald Trump’s apparent willingness to defy medical experts and prematurely urge businesses to reopen, even as the coronavirus pandemic escalates in the United States.
“There will be no normally functioning economy if our hospitals are overwhelmed and thousands of Americans of all ages, including our doctors and nurses, lay dying because we have failed to do what’s necessary to stop the virus,” Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) tweeted Tuesday.
Is Liz friggin Cheney a "marxist Dim"?

No.. Not a Marxist Dem, but apparently has lost contact with facts and realities and is just USELESS to work for a solution.. You'll find a LOT of those "WEAK LINKS" at times like these..

I'm 73 with 2 grown children and 2 grandchildren. If I am in danger because if this virus I will self isolate. In no way like ot see the .gov destroy the great economy that was built by my years of working and the sacrifices my grandparents and parents made coming out of the last depression. At some point common sense needs to prevail and quarantine the sick and those at risk and let life go on.

Forum List

Back