What was your most HATED job you ever had?

Noomi, you have always worked at McDonalds?

Yep. Nearly eight years. First couple of years were great my first boss was tough, but she was awesome. Protected us employees like she was a momma tiger guarding her cubs.
Next boss wasn't so good. Got angry very quickly. Current boss wouldn't know how to run the store if she tried. Plus its become more about making more and money than about actually serving customers on time, and skimping on product.

Had a job delivering papers for six months a couple of years ago. One day a week, and I actually enjoyed that. Of my two jobs thus far, that was by far the most enjoyable. :)

I loved teaching children and that is so much easier than mentoring teachers who want to be friends with the students instead of an authority figure or do not have the proper background for teaching.

[MENTION=27360]Jackson[/MENTION]

:clap2:

And that applies to parents, just as well. Friends first. :nono: Parents first. So many parents do not have the proper background for parenting, as with teachers.

Not a hated or bad job but a sad job. Being NCOIC of the honor guard at military funerals and trying to keep my composure while Taps was being played and having to present the American flag to a grieving widow with these words:

"On behalf of the President of the United States, the United States Army, and a grateful nation, this flag is presented as a token of appreciation for your loved one’s honorable and faithful service."

I never had a job I hated, but there were places I worked in my young adult life that I hated the atmosphere, because I have no interest in kibbitzing about nonsense with people who are ignorant and only working to make ends meet. Most people bore me to tears. I have no interest in talking about sports or the garbage on television or how much the boss sucks.

I never had a job I hated, but there were places I worked in my young adult life that I hated the atmosphere, because I have no interest in kibbitzing about nonsense with people who are ignorant and only working to make ends meet. Most people bore me to tears. I have no interest in talking about sports or the garbage on television or how much the boss sucks.

People that you classify as 'ignorant' may have something very interesting to say if you really listen. Just because they are working to make ends meet, their struggles and experiences could make their lives very interesting and them very wise. Try being more open to all groups of people.

I loved teaching children and that is so much easier than mentoring teachers who want to be friends with the students instead of an authority figure or do not have the proper background for teaching.

[MENTION=27360]Jackson[/MENTION]

:clap2:

And that applies to parents, just as well. Friends first. :nono: Parents first. So many parents do not have the proper background for parenting, as with teachers.

How true! Very astute that you bring that up!

People that you classify as 'ignorant' may have something very interesting to say if you really listen. Just because they are working to make ends meet, their struggles and experiences could make their lives very interesting and them very wise. Try being more open to all groups of people.

I don't care who you are, I have less than zero interest in talking about the crap most people find interesting. I have known all kinds of people including those on the low rung of the economy, and what I learned most from being around them was that their lives were a product of the choices they made. Plenty of nice people are either boring as snot, stupid, or lazy, and yes you can learn a lot from not following their paths.

In general I have found a decided lack of optimism in most of these people, and the world is ugly enough that I don't need to be around a bunch of complainers. People seem to love to bitch about their lives but they never work to improve them. I have also found a small minority of working class people who are happy as clams and happy to do their best no matter what the job.

Newspaper reporter. I hated it and I still flashback to it and hate it that way. Journalists are the lowest, most dishonest, most obnoxious, stupidest people on the face of the earth.

I'd rather clean toilets in a bar.

I worked in a sandwich shop. I hated that job. They made me wear an apron and a stupid hat. It messed my hair up. :lol:

It is the 1 and only food service job I ever had. I swore I would never do it again. People are mean when it comes to food

It's a good thing fascinating people like me are around!

I don't know if I had a job I hated. I had some boring ones. I had some hated bosses though. lets see, I used to paint dots on dice. that was pretty boring. probably the most boring though was working for the county park commission one summer. the job consisted mostly of trying to find ways to hide and kill time because there was nothing to do.

I don't know if I had a job I hated. I had some boring ones. I had some hated bosses though. lets see, I used to paint dots on dice. that was pretty boring. probably the most boring though was working for the county park commission one summer. the job consisted mostly of trying to find ways to hide and kill time because there was nothing to do.

I had a job I hated because I had the boss from hell. He use his power as boss to bully those under him. Things changed when I stood up to him an threatened to quit. Our department was working overtime to keep up with the work and he knew he needed me. He treated me with respect after that. I continued to work for him long enough to transition into another career.

I was in cleaning service for 3 days while the first few months in the US.

I HATE cleaning.

I mean like REALLY hate.

Forum List

Back