Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Low stress

• Health Food

• Smoke and drink alot

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
The biggest factor imo is genes. But that doesn't mean we can't do what is necessary to mitigate those. I work out, watch my diet, and practice meditation all in harmony to keep my blood pressure down.

Genetics, lifestyle, fate...not necessarily in that order.

I don't think I'm especially healthy, but I look marvelous.

And it doesn't really matter if you feel like hell just so long as you look marvelous while you're suffering.

I selected exercise even though selecting healthy long living parents is probably key. Never been sick in my life, several physical injuries, football, cycling, fighting, take vitamins frequently, road a bike to work over 20 years, have done marathons and cycled over 200 miles in a day, told I look 10 to 20 years younger and now grandpa. I think I also handle stress well and can manage complex stressful situations. How's that for bragging. lol. Look at Jack Lalanne he is amazing for his age.

Have you lost your mind? Care nothing for the rest of humanity?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sooner or later you and everyone you know is going to need serious health care unless they're lucky enough to be struck dead with no warning.

An effective health care system would be nice.

Kudos to those of you foresighted enough to be to the manor born, or those of you still working someplace where health care costs aren't something you really need to worry about.

the other 150,000,000 or so of us didn't have your good fortune, but I don't begrudge you all that luck.

Sooner or later most of you are going to be where we are now, just as most of us were once in the same situation you find yourselves in now. (i.e. having decent health coverage)

Shit happens, folks

I think stress is huge. Keeping that at bay is one of my goals, but it's hard. I get stressed out over that.

I agree that "portion control" is a good idea. I love Taco Bell so much, here's what I do. I go in and get just one taco and one crunchwrap supreme and a Diet Pepsi. I eat it, and then leave so I'm not tempted to order something else, like a delicious Gordita or a 7-Layer Burrito. I have to force myself to leave. Then I get back to the office and chew sugarless gum.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back